The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Official Squape R[eloaded] thread!

Discussion in 'RTA' started by brickfollett, Nov 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Freedom2Vape

Freedom2Vape Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 8, 2015
    Texas
    That looked interesting! :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bhoot

Bhoot Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2015
    London
    Squape have got a beauty. Easy refil with a hard lock for each mode. Wicked. Deck. Hmmm...was hoping for velocity deck but if they do the posts right maybe they can still pull off a version of. Video seems to suggest so. So want one. I hope they have extension tanks. 5ml is simply not enough to last the day even with top fill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bern Diesel

Bern Diesel Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    San Jose, Ca
    I was anxious for the X, but that thing is huge. Got me an Rs with W and B deck instead. Can't wait to have a Squape again. Traded the Reloaded I was posting about a couple weeks ago. By the way, I had a Hurricane for a few days and sold it quick. Flavor was way muted compared fo Squape and Kayfun, no matter how I built it

• Like Like x 1
  4. MsLoud

MsLoud Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2013
    Lake-life
    I too was excite for the SQuape X till I saw it. I honestly thought it would be smaller - 16 to 19mm tank. I'll stick with my R(s) tanks for now.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bhoot

Feb 25, 2015
    London
    Don't understand why people want small tanks. More space the better, within reason. U need some space for dual fused claptons, just discovered stepped Claptons, which are pure evil. Evilly nice flavour. Right now the Aspire clieto simply rocks. Get 3.5 days out each coils and I vape 10ml a day easy on ez duz it on ice. Got the 5ml glass but Aspire need to get some Ti coils out there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MsLoud

MsLoud Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2013
    Lake-life
    I don't use pre-built coils. I prefer building my own coils and using my own wick - that way I know what I'm vaping and have more control. I also DIY my ejuice.

Smaller is about form factor. I can easily refill a tank.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Bern Diesel

Jul 1, 2013
    San Jose, Ca
    I agree with Loud. I prefer something to be an easy carry, pocketable and with a small, flavorful chamber. I'm not knockin them but after seeing the success of the Rs over the Reloaded, they would have gone straight to Rs size. Even the newest Taifun would probably sell more if it were shorter. Noone wants the tank to be bigger than their mod. The Dream is probably going to be a dope tank, no doubt, but a pain in the pocket (no pun intended). Just my two cents

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bhoot

Feb 25, 2015
    London
    Squape with x2 extensions fit in all my pockets so don't understand the size thing. Also, don't get embarrassed if someone finds something amusing about me. I have enough stuff to get on with and refilling my tank several times a day should not be one of them. 6-8ml should be the standard for sub ohm. Non subohm then I can see small tanks actually being useful.

• Like Like x 1
  9. showman

showman Senior Member Verified Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Brooklyn
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    Personally, I think all tanks taste fairly gross after being put in the pocket. I've tried this once or twice and sworn "Never again." In that sense, I'm not sure it's fair to say that any tanks are "pocketable," since they all seem to acquire a linty taste and as if they were just dropped in the hamper. Not sure what the solution is, as I mainly vape at home, but would like some way to bring with me when I work away from home. Currently just use a bag that I stick in my backpack, since I must be missing how your vaporizers are clean enough to vape after going in a pocket with a phone, coins, cash, wallet, keys, pocket lint, and a number of other dirty objects. Perhaps you pocket people keep your pockets sparer or cleaner than mine.

I think the Dream looks great-- if it is really leak-proof then they will have fixed the number one flaw with the R(s). I am wondering why they retained the adjustable center pin given all the difficulties with jumping resistance for Temperature Control, and am hoping that the Dream solves the jumping resistance problem, but I'm not sure I saw any evidence that it will.

10. showman

Dec 1, 2012
    Brooklyn
    Does anyone have a good idea of what all the improvements are? Not entirely clear yet if anyone could list the upgrades from this tank...

11. Bhoot

Feb 25, 2015
    London
    I never actually put my vape weapon in my pocket. I put it in a thick cloth bag, wrap excess around the mod then put it in a jacket pocket or inside blazer pocket. Got the bag when I bought my Logitech mouse. Most of my friends put it re sealable plastic bag. Leak protection being number no1 priority.

• Like Like x 1
  12. showman

Dec 1, 2012
    Brooklyn
    Thanks for the tip. I didn't mean to criticize people who do this, so much as ask how this is possible without making the vapor taste bad. I have a few such mouse bags, perhaps I will give this a try...

13. Bhoot

Feb 25, 2015
    London
    If your really worried about the smell or residual smell, then the plastic bag works very well if you go OTT then get 2 dust filter face masks from a builders shop and wrap that around your mod in a plastic bag. Had to work near sewage plant and I swear the smell got everywhere. My clothes got binned but I too drastic action, found a diy local store and tried several things before I can up with. It might look strange but the only thing better than this is buying a radiation suit and cutting down to size. Something I very close to doing, now I use the radiation outfit to scare my kids as the nuclear daddie zombie.

14. Sptz

Sptz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you want single coil on the new X you need to add extra wick tails to the other two holes.... Lol. Pass. Pretty stupid where they're taking this.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TheotherSteveS

TheotherSteveS Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    London, England
    Agreed on that. They are pandering to the 'aromamizer' crowd - if its not a dual clapton it isnt worth vaping..Why they didnt design an insert to block off one side for SC use beats me but its probably a deal breaker for me...shame..

• Like Like x 1
  16. chrisz

chrisz Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2011
    cincinnati, oh
    If this is true, I will pass. Guess its time to order a couple r bases. I have 2 tank sections that just need the base. Not into dual coil, and don't plan to be.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bern Diesel

Jul 1, 2013
    San Jose, Ca
    I am loving this thing with the b-deck!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sptz

Sptz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Screenshot_2016-04-10-09-52-10~01.png

• Like Like x 2
  19. TheotherSteveS

TheotherSteveS Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    London, England

Personally, I think all tanks taste fairly gross after being put in the pocket. I've tried this once or twice and sworn "Never again." In that sense, I'm not sure it's fair to say that any tanks are "pocketable," since they all seem to acquire a linty taste and as if they were just dropped in the hamper. Not sure what the solution is, as I mainly vape at home, but would like some way to bring with me when I work away from home. Currently just use a bag that I stick in my backpack, since I must be missing how your vaporizers are clean enough to vape after going in a pocket with a phone, coins, cash, wallet, keys, pocket lint, and a number of other dirty objects. Perhaps you pocket people keep your pockets sparer or cleaner than mine.

I think the Dream looks great-- if it is really leak-proof then they will have fixed the number one flaw with the R(s). I am wondering why they retained the adjustable center pin given all the difficulties with jumping resistance for Temperature Control, and am hoping that the Dream solves the jumping resistance problem, but I'm not sure I saw any evidence that it will.[/QUOTE]

I have heard that a review unit with a certain high-profile reviewer has been leaking a bit....;) I guess we will see. If the TC is still dodgy, I'm out for sure. Had enough of that with the Rs..

20. Mr. Offic3

Mr. Offic3 Full Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Hi everyone,
    Can i ask what is the sweet spot for the RS?
    I'm using the W deck and not interested in temp control.
    I'm interested in:
    - wire diameter
    - inner diameter of the coil
    - number of wraps
    - wicking3
    - ohm range

For the moment i use 28 awg kanthal on a 3mm coiler wicked by original fiber freaks at 1.35 ohm, but i feel there's room for improvement.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.