Status
Not open for further replies.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
I live in one of the poorest States in the country.... Yet, the smoke shops do a bang-up business, with the cheaper cartons of cigs running $45.00... Most go through one of those a week, and always manage to do so. I suppose it's a matter of priorities huh? ;)
$45 DOLLARS! Try $120/carton in NY

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I'm more and more convinced that vaping is an experience akin to smoking, in that you have to find your own way to do it satisfactorily - or else it's probably back to analogs..

My only suggestion is to try and find what works for you, be it an ego or a provari, and stick to it. Yes you're probably going to spend more money than by adopting immediately an high-end device, but what the hell you were going to waste money on analogs anyway, so what's the point?

Well said.

But, one addition to the thread. I just might have to break my contract with the provarinati if members keep saying negative things about great looking DNA20 mods or evolv technology.:)

I have no conflict in my life owning both evolv and provape products as well as some novelty and/or "cheap" devices.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
$45 DOLLARS! Try $120/carton in NY

At my 1.5PAD habit, one month of that would pay for my ProVari and my Reo. And should I have to pick-up a couple of single packs, which I often did when I wasn't near a store that had good carton prices, I could throw in a couple of Vamos.

Last edited:

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
Heck, I just bought an Ego battery to get me through until my Vamo comes in (coughgagsputter,,,,,,,IF it ever comes in) which is my holdover til after christmas when I can buy my Provari,,,,,,

and THAT cost me 25 bucks,,,,,,,,,and now that I think about it, I really need ANOTHER Ego battery since my 2nd spinner is about gone,,,,,,,

50.00 for the Egos and 50 bucks for the Vamo I bought and I'm 3/4 of the way to a Provari! :-x

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I own multiple Vamos and one Provari 2.5. The Vamo V3 seems much more solid to me than the V2, maybe it's in my head. I've had my first V2 since mid May of this year and have had no problems with the threads, but I baby all my mods. The Provari feels very nice and gives a great vape, but I can't tell any difference from the vape of the Vamos. With my recent love affair with Reos, I may end up selling my Provari to help fund my purchase of a Reo Grand VV, then again, maybe not. The Provari is very nice, but I much prefer the menus, and multiple button approach of the Vamo. I've never liked one button menus on anything. I blame it on an Epson printer I was troubleshooting years ago, it had multiple menu options that were accessed by holding the button for a certain, specific length of time. The Provari's multiple button pushes are loads better than that. ;)

Frankenmizer

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Dimension V
Well said.

But, one addition to the thread. I just might have to break my contract with the provarinati if members keep saying negative things about great looking DNA20 mods or evolv technology.:)

I have no conflict in my life owning both evolv and provape products as well as some novelty and/or "cheap" devices.

No true ProVarinati demands the path of lumens sees totus be followed. It is only offered as an option to those seeking illumination. Many others are possible. si operatur in vobis

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
I own multiple Vamos and one Provari 2.5. The Vamo V3 seems much more solid to me than the V2, maybe it's in my head. I've had my first V2 since mid May of this year and have had no problems with the threads, but I baby all my mods. The Provari feels very nice and gives a great vape, but I can't tell any difference from the vape of the Vamos. With my recent love affair with Reos, I may end up selling my Provari to help fund my purchase of a Reo Grand VV, then again, maybe not. The Provari is very nice, but I much prefer the menus, and multiple button approach of the Vamo. I've never liked one button menus on anything. I blame it on an Epson printer I was troubleshooting years ago, it had multiple menu options that were accessed by holding the button for a certain, specific length of time. The Provari's multiple button pushes are loads better than that. ;)

REOs are also phenomenal!

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Funny, after I made my comment above, I watched the Provari intro video by PBusardo. When he explained that it was five clicks to get to the menu, that was a game changer for me. Now I don't have to remember if 7 clicks do this and 9 clicks do that. Five clicks to the menu, and then navigate from there. Much more elegant than I thought. :D

Scanned the documentation, but didn't see anything explicitly stating that.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
Simple, straight forward, efficient. Just like the device.

I have to admit I have thought along those lines about the Provari, just never worded it so well. Add in the high build quality, and you have the Provari summed up in one sentence. ProVape seems to rely more on quality and good overall design than bells and whistles.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well said.

Baditude said:
Nice looking mod.

As good as a Provari? IMO, not even close.

(No disrespect intended)
Negative? How so? I said it looked nice. He said "as good as a Provari." :rolleyes: Now give me a break. I even said no disrespect intended.

Hey, I own Smoktech VV Gripper which might as well be called a novelty or cheap device, because it's body construction reeks in cheapness. I bought with the intention of using it as an out-&-about PV to leave the Provari at home. Silly me. The ST Gripper fell apart after 7 weeks use, got another inexpensive VV gripper type mod to replace it, and still ended up reaching for the Provari when leaving the house. Now I have a mini to use for out of the house. Now I'm a happy camper.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Funny, after I made my comment above, I watched the Provari intro video by PBusardo. When he explained that it was five clicks to get to the menu, that was a game changer for me. Now I don't have to remember if 7 clicks do this and 9 clicks do that. Five clicks to the menu, and then navigate from there. Much more elegant than I thought. :D

Scanned the documentation, but didn't see anything explicitly stating that.

I've gotten so used to it I can get wherever with my eyes closed. I often fine tune the same juice throughout the day and casually asked someone if they can the power on their xxx with one hand, while driving on the freeway without looking. I can, and have, with my mini. I can count to 5 and for the rest I have a chant: power up, power down, power on, power off (I add that for rhythm), check battery, check ohms, light off (although I don't go passed up or down while driving). Yes, I'm weird.

ETA: I really don't like the buttons and menu on my Vamo. I like the pause between settings on the ProVari, since I often hit the adjust buttons on the Vamo when firing and it changes immediately. I also discovered something else last night that's a PITA. I was sitting cross-legged and resting the Vamo in the crook of my knee. I do that with all of my mods. I went to take a drag and it was up to like 12w! Apparently, the adjust buttons are so easy to push the weight of the Vamo itself pressed them! This happened twice, before I put the Vamo in a cup (mine's too top heavy to stand on end). Those hits were quite unpleasant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread