Oh man, I love my vivi nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
After typing this I realized it turned into somewhat of a review even though I was just planning on talking about how much I like the vivi nova. I also realized I said vivi nova A LOT throughout this post, haha. Please, let me know if it was good for being a kind-of-review. I would like to start doing reviews after I become a little more knowledgeable on the subject so any feedback now would help in the long run. Also, please let me/us know your opinions of the vivi nova. I look forward to hearing what you all have to say.

So, I'm at work (have been for 7 hours). I've been using my kGo 1100mah with an ego mega carto (1.7ohm) all day until about 5 minutes ago. FYI I'm vaping Dekang watermelon (18mg). I remembered I brought my vivi nova v3 slim and figured I would screw that on for the remaining hour of work. WOW, I have only been vaping a real PV for 3 days and using the vivi nova for 2 days and I forgot what a huge difference it is when going from my carto to this.

What I have learned about the vivi nova in the past 2 days;

1. The vivi nova (for me) takes a few toots to get the juice flowing/wicking. Usually the first 2-3 puffs are somewhat dry but after that it's smooth sailing.

2. Attys in general have a much cleaner taste than cartos (including the clearomizers that came with my kGo 1100mah starter kit that I haven't touched since I got them other than to taste my Dekang Cuban Cigar juice)

3. It is best, when using a vivi nova (I'm assuming with all attys/clearos), to occasionally tilt your PV so the juice goes to the top of the Atty and give it a little spin. (I actually got this technique from both PBusardo and Nick GrimmGreen) It seems to keep the wicks nice and soaked and, after what was said in number 1 above, if I do this every 5-6 toots I don't get any dry hits.

4. 3.7 volts seems to be the sweet spot for the 1.8 ohm head. When I first used it I was getting dry hits at 4.20 volts so I figured I would start low and work my way up. I started at 3.2 volts and went up 0.20 volts each time taking 2-3 toots per setting. After getting to 3.80 volts it was OK but not perfect (what is perfect is subjective, what I consider perfect may not be for you) so I went down 0.10 volts to 3.70. BAM, that's it.

I am using the 1.8ohm head right now. When I use my kGo VV I set it to 3.7 volts like I said above (number 4). It works out perfectly because I also have two 1100mah kGo batteries which, I believe, put out about 3.7 volts.

All in all, I am extremely impressed by my Vivi Nova. I started vaping last wednesday with a Blu starter kit while waiting for my kGo starter, kGo vv, vivi nova, ego mega carto, smoktech UDCT tank (which I can't get to function properly even after making the cartos hole much larger) and my Dekang juices.

I received my REAL PV this previous saturday and was worried at first while figuring out how to not get dry hits. But day 2 (Sunday) I've got use to my 2.5ml 1.7ohm carto and I figure I might as well try the vivi nova. Only the primer was gone and I got the hang of it I didn't take it off until work this morning. But, the boss left the office and I switched from the some-what discreet carto to puffing away on my vivi nova and it just reminded me how amazing it is which gave me the idea of writing this, whatever this ​ may be.

I think everyone who uses clearomizers would prefer a vivi nova if they used one for a day. Maybe that's just my opinion but I definitely think you clearo guys and gals should give it a try. I can guarentee, if you like the cone shaped clearomizers (the only style I have tried) you will LOVE the vivi nova v3 slim (2.0ml) with long wicks (I have not tried the short stardust style wicks or the vivi nova mega, 3.5ml).

OH, I just remembered, after I vaped through a full tank it seemed to almost "break in" the vivi nova. I say this because my 2nd and 3rd tank full have been better, i.e., less/no dry hits, strong and clear/clean taste. Maybe that was just me getting the hang of it or maybe it needed to be "broken in" I don't know. Now that I think about it, it was probably just ME that need a break in period. What I do know is the vivi nova is a terrific addition to my kGo and kGo vv and I assume it would be just as good, if not better, with any other PV of sufficient power.

Another thing I'd like to add for those of you who are like me; when I was ordering juices for the first time I thought I would want/need high nicotine levels (18-24mg). After vaping for a few days I've decided my next order will be 12mg, maybe 16mg at the most. That way I can enjoy vaping all day without having times where I vaped too much. Occasionaly I like to "cahin vape" and 18mg makes me feel weird after a while. I may keep some 18mg around for times that I'm in a hurry, i.e., at work, but that is all.

I can't wait until my ProVari v2 arrives (I ordered it last night along with some ProJuice and a J-Tank from a different site), I'm excited to try the vivi nova with such a high-quality PV. I plan on getting the vivi nova mega/3.5ml to use with my it until GR-modders or Avidvapers gets the Kir Fanis Prive back in stock. Even after getting the Prive, I may switch back and forth between that and the vivi nova at least until I feel I'm ready for a Z-Atty.

To all who made it this far: Thanks for taking the time to read whatever this is. I guess it's a review? It's my first post like this and I think it will help people who are looking to make the change from cartos/cartridges to a Atty. If you have any advice/opinions/critique please post! I'd love to hear from you.

Last edited:

317Vapers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Indiana
www.youtube.com
I have noticed that the air flow(how tight you have it) and your draw(force of actually pulling in) can change everything as well. Over the past couple days I've been getting some dry hits. I've noticed to screw it down a little more just a tad and draw a little harder. This is getting the juice to wick better and eliminating the dry hits

Im getting ready to order my resistance wire and some cotton and bamboo wicking material. I can't wait to see the changes with the new wicking. Specially using the techniques I have been figuring out over the last few days. I have been using the VN for almost 2 weeks now and I just got my first DCT tank. I loaded up menthol ice in both the VN and my DCT and I'm seeing a little cooler vape(which tends to make menthol feel more flavoring if you will) but in general I see them being fairly close. But hey as long as I'm tooting digitally and not analogs I'm happy and So is my wife. I see some phaniac tanks in my future though. I just wish phaniac would make a glass custom tank for the VN now that would be badass

Mustang73064

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
Mustang, OK
Thanks for the review. Even though you are a new member sometimes a fresh look at things is needed. At times some older members will just tell you to get a ____________ (pick a battery device) and a ____________ )pick a delivery device and just say it will be the greatest thing since skippy peanut butter :) (hummmm, wonder if there is a juice like that).

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
I have noticed that the air flow(how tight you have it) and your draw(force of actually pulling in) can change everything as well. Over the past couple days I've been getting some dry hits. I've noticed to screw it down a little more just a tad and draw a little harder. This is getting the juice to wick better and eliminating the dry hit

I tend to keep my parts pretty tight. I've notice that if I tighten anything I have until it's snug then go maybe a half turn more it feels as though it's locked and unless I really tried to tighten it, it won't go any further so I haven't noticed that part. I have definitely notice how much your draw affects the quality of vapor and dryness.

Thanks for the review. Even though you are a new member sometimes a fresh look at things is needed. At times some older members will just tell you to get a ____________ (pick a battery device) and a ____________ )pick a delivery device and just say it will be the greatest thing since skippy peanut butter :) (hummmm, wonder if there is a juice like that).

No problem! I originally planned on simply saying what I like about it but once I started typing it ended up looking more like a review so I just ran with it. LOL! I do agree that a fresh look can be a good thing. IMO, the more perspectives you can get the better and easier your conclusion will be.

@Tanks,

Nice input! I have been looking at ordering the Vivi Nova for a few weeks now, I think I'll get one tomorrow! Waiting on my Provari as well, when it gets here I can re-visit some of my juice to try it at higher voltage. Using an eGo-C as of now, it gets the job done for now.

It may take a little getting use to but if I can do it you can too! I literally went from a Blu to a kGo with clearomizer (that I didn't like) to my kGo with the vivi nova and after about 20 minutes I had it figured out and it has worked great ever since. When I leave my house I put my 2 kGo 1100mah batteries and my kGo vv in my case along with the vivi nova and a "mega" carto as a back up.

Like how it vapes but it just leak like crazy.

I find this odd. How high are you filling it? Maybe you aren't tightening your end caps enough? I haven't had this problem and it was in my pocket all day yesterday and in-and-out of my pocket for over a hour today. Not one drop has leaked so far.

One thing I just noticed today after using the VN on my 1100mah battery (non-variable voltage) for the first time is it seems to work better on my kGo vv @ 3.7 volts then when it's on my kGo 1100mah. The only things I can think of are; 1. the kGo 1100mah is over 3.7 volts; 2. the kGo vv, when set @ 3.7 volts is actually lower; or 3. the kGo 1100mah battery doesn't allow as much air flow as the kGo vv does (I don't notice a tighter draw so I'm leaning towards #1).

I'm excited to be on such a great forum and actually contribute and help people gather some information that isn't available anywhere other than a real person with first-hand experience and I think with my experience level, or lack thereof, this should help people in a similar situation to mine more so than someone who has been vaping for a while. Either way I'd like to review more products in the future and as they say, practice makes perfect!

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post. I really appreciate it!

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Ever since bogegate the vivi nova has been a God send. Granted I've only rebuilt it with silica. I don't miss punching cartos at all. Plus refilling the tanks. I can't count how many times I had a hard time pushing the carto back in after a refill. I will try cotton one of these days and I plan on getting a genisis but for the time being the nova has been great.

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
Ever since bogegate the vivi nova has been a God send. Granted I've only rebuilt it with silica. I don't miss punching cartos at all. Plus refilling the tanks. I can't count how many times I had a hard time pushing the carto back in after a refill. I will try cotton one of these days and I plan on getting a genisis but for the time being the nova has been great.

I haven't rebuilt it yet. When I do I plan on attempting to use ss mesh. If I can oxidize it correctly I think it will improve an already amazing product. You mentioned tanks, I plan on picking up a Kir Fanis Prive if I can ever find one in stock (I ordered a Provari last night and it will be strictly for that). I asked PBusardo today, between the Prive and the Z-Atty, which would he would recommend for me and he said the Prive until I am more experienced which I completely agree with. I figure I will get practise rebuilding my VN and get the Z-Atty when I'm ready. Here's a link to the Prive, it really is a beautiful tank. Check it out:

prive-a-special-tank-for-provari

Last edited:

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Hello fellow Virginian. Man you really do like it. LOL. Believe me I can relate. I will never go back to carto's or tanks and I only have one clearo CE5 left that has not melted. So the vivi and my new rebuildable are it for a while. One thing you may want to get a metal tank if you vape any really caustic juice. Even though the vivi is not prone to melting I have a friend that did frost his up and it deformed some. Also watch out for the cloans. There are a few of them and the parts are not interchangeable. Other than that vape um if you got um. You will get spoiled by it. I did.

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
Oh make sure and post on the Virginia check in thread when you can.

Checked in this morning! I noticed also in the "Special Group Forums" there is a "Location Specific" Sub-forum but there is not Virginia section! Maybe if the moderators notice the growing Virginia Roll Call thread they will make one. lol or maybe not :tumble:

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
ProVari and a Mini Nova combo is my personal favorite right now. I have other things, but they require more fiddling than I'm willing to do. Great mod, great tank...easy easy easy. Win. :)

I just tried that combo last night after I got home from work to find my ProVari in the mailbox :D. It really is a good combo. I have a full sized vivi nova on the way I'm hoping it will be just as good (my full sized VN will have SS wicks in the future)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread