Oh no! Another health question concerning some juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcleaver

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Palatine, IL
I recently got some clearomizers, and the problem with some juices has raised some questions for me. If you put acidic juices in a clearomizer, such as orange, Atomic Cinnacide, etc, the clearomizer plastic will crack.

Which brings me to the question. What is it doing to our lungs? I know if eaten, the stomach has protection, but our lungs aren't as well defended. Of course, if you have a buildup of tar from analogues, I guess that would provide some protection.

Where did you her about some juices cracking clearomizers? (link pls)

I haven't tried cinnacide and have no clue why people like it so much. It is sour? Where are you getting the idea that "orange" is sour too? There may some places adding sour ingredients, but the bulk I know of and ones I've tried are just flavoring in PG. It tastes orangeish but doesn't have the loads of citric acid found in orange juice.

There's some discussion of finding a sour vape in the DIY forum but this seems like largely a non-concern.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I recently got some clearomizers, and the problem with some juices has raised some questions for me. If you put acidic juices in a clearomizer, such as orange, Atomic Cinnacide, etc, the clearomizer plastic will crack.

Which brings me to the question. What is it doing to our lungs? I know if eaten, the stomach has protection, but our lungs aren't as well defended. Of course, if you have a buildup of tar from analogues, I guess that would provide some protection.

I have not heard of any juice cracking a clearomizer whether or not it's acidic. I'm sure if that were true, someone here would've posted about it already.

The tar from smoking does not protect your lungs. In fact it's one of the things that damages them and when you quit smoking it's expelled so your lungs can heal. I'm not sure where you heard that it protects your lungs but I can assure you that it's completely false.

I can't tell you what vaping does to your lungs except for this: Since I started vaping I'm able to take deeper breaths, run up a flight of stairs and sing again. I couldn't do that when I smoked. It doesn't sound like vaping is doing any harm to me.

jcleaver

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Palatine, IL
Don't have a link, but i did read it on this board in several places. The thread about fluxomizers (GotVapes version of the clearomizer) mentions it with Bad confirming that one of their juices causes this.

I never mentioned anything about sour flavors. I mentioned acidic, which is not the same thing. Basically any low pH liquid may cause the cracking. Other sellers like Volcano also mention that cinnamon oils cause cracking of the plastic.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Don't have a link, but i did read it on this board in several places. The thread about fluxomizers (GotVapes version of the clearomizer) mentions it with Bad confirming that one of their juices causes this.

I never mentioned anything about sour flavors. I mentioned acidic, which is not the same thing. Basically any low pH liquid may cause the cracking. Other sellers like Volcano also mention that cinnamon oils cause cracking of the plastic.

She was asking what the flavor tasted like and why people like it. She didn't say anything about sour flavors cracking the cartos.

I read a thread where one had come apart, but not because of the juice. I still haven't seen one where they cracked because of acidic juice, but I'm still looking.

Okay, found it. Read Post #669

The Fluxomizers are a little different from the Clearomizers and I haven't heard of those cracking because of certain juices.

Last edited:

NOIS29

Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Washington, DC
I've seen the threads where people complain about some juices cracking the clearomizers. I haven't had that experience though. I've only filled my clearos with TV TastyFinger, which introduces a different issue, gunking up the wick in the coil quickly to the point where you have to scrape the crust off, and sometimes disassemble, rinse and pull clean wick through the coil to get your vapor tasting right again.

I think I read that whole thread, at least until where you can see me stop posting because I got clearomizers and they suck.. didn't see anything about it. I would like to see some actual proof of this because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The plastic is just brittle. I don't see how acidic juice would do it. Is cinnamon oil even acidic?

Yes I understand the difference between "sour" and acidity. If you wander over to DIY and read the thread I referenced you can find studies on inhalation of citric acid.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood her asking me why i thought that orange was sour when i never mentioned it. I was assuming she was referring to my mention of cracking by acidic juices. My bad.

jcleaver said:
If you put acidic juices in a clearomizer, such as orange, Atomic Cinnacide, etc, the clearomizer plastic will crack.

???

I'm a guy BTW

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
respectfully snipped: Is cinnamon oil even acidic?

I don't know what it is and I most likely never will know what it is. About 3 months ago, someone let me borrow their cinnacide juice. I used three drops - three months ago - and I swear I can still taste it. It is not for me! I think people that like it and use it are way tougher than I am.

Paula

jcleaver

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Palatine, IL
Sorry, only had the pic to go on!

I do not have any personal experience on this, as I have avoided putting those juices in my clearomizers because of the posts I had read. I'll have to look up those posts you mentioned as my question is answered there I am sure.

I guess I don't understand the difference of sourness and acidic if your bolding of my post seems to state that I said orange was sour. The way I read it, i just said that it was acidic. Perhaps Acidic is sourness. I never knew that. Either that or you mistook me saying I never mentioned that to mean I never mentioned orange. it was meant to be read that I never mentioned Orange as being sour.

OK, I can't even make sense of that last sentence! LOL!

Last edited:
I don't know what it is and I most likely never will know what it is. About 3 months ago, someone let me borrow their cinnacide juice. I used three drops - three months ago - and I swear I can still taste it. It is not for me! I think people that like it and use it are way tougher than I am.

Paula

I've heard similar things and I hear a lot about that juice. So was the juice sour tasting to you? That was one of my original questions. Having not tried it, I wonder what makes it "-cide" besides whatever cinnamon components.

Then it is a whole other question if cinnamon oil itself is acidic, let alone if some types of acids will make whatever plastic used even more brittle than it already is. I'm not saying it isn't possible, it just doesn't make sense to me. The clearomizers just seem easy to break, then maybe someone decided to blame it on that to get their money back or something? I wish I could get my money back on that junk.

Sorry, only had the pic to go on!

I do not have any personal experience on this, as I have avoided putting those juices in my clearomizers because of the posts I had read. I'll have to look up those posts you mentioned as my question is answered there I am sure.

I guess I don't understand the difference of sourness and acidic if your bolding of my post seems to state that I said orange was sour. The way I read it, i just said that it was acidic. Perhaps Acidic is sourness. I never knew that. Either that or you mistook me saying I never mentioned that to mean I never mentioned orange. it was meant to be read that I never mentioned Orange as being sour.

OK, I can't even make sense of that last sentence! LOL!

sour vapes thread

I'm just reading what you wrote. Orange (flavored) e-juices probably aren't acidic/sour. I know I have 2 orange flavorings as well as a few otehr citrus/cranberry and it is just the flavor not the sourness. So, there should be no worries about the acid in those breaking a clearomizer (if that even happens).

jcleaver

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Palatine, IL
To answer your question, AC is not sour. It is like vaping an Atomic Fireball.

As to the clearomizer itself, it is the best thing I have tried. At least so far. i have not had any problems with it. It tastes exactly like dripping, but without the hassle. I am lucky, i guess as i have heard others who also do not like them because of burnt taste.

I think there must be some truth to it if a vendor of the Fluxomizer, which is similar, also mentions that one of their own juices may cause this. But, I also don't know it from personal experience. I could see that the tube is indeen brittle feeling, and that screwing them on might crack the tubing. So it is possible it is just coincidence.

My main question though was about the effect of vaping acidic juices and cinnamon oils has on the lungs. It wasn't meant to be a clearomizer cracking thread.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, it doesn't answer my question about what happens to your lungs. This thread though is redundant as you actually asked that question yourself in that thread. There weren't any conclusions made about the safety though.

I'm not sure I feel like answering your questions anymore. I just looked up some stuff but I am going to keep it simple. I don't think you have much to worry about vaping cinnacide or "orange".

Ihave said it before, and I will say it again. Fireballs are my absolutely favorite candy, but I will NEVER inhale cinamon into my lungs. It is an oil that burns severely.

I doubt cinnacide contains any cassia or cinnamon essential oil. It is derivative flavorings giving an atomic fireball flavor. Hot peppers burn your mouth too but they aren't harmful when used sanely.

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
To answer your question, AC is not sour. It is like vaping an Atomic Fireball.

As to the clearomizer itself, it is the best thing I have tried. At least so far. i have not had any problems with it. It tastes exactly like dripping, but without the hassle. I am lucky, i guess as i have heard others who also do not like them because of burnt taste.

I think there must be some truth to it if a vendor of the Fluxomizer, which is similar, also mentions that one of their own juices may cause this. But, I also don't know it from personal experience. I could see that the tube is indeen brittle feeling, and that screwing them on might crack the tubing. So it is possible it is just coincidence.

My main question though was about the effect of vaping acidic juices and cinnamon oils has on the lungs. It wasn't meant to be a clearomizer cracking thread.

I agree with this poster. Definitely the best I have tried. Now, best for me may not be best for others. I truly enjoyed the boge cartomizers when I tried them. Great flavor until its low on juice and then blah. With the fluxomizer, you know when your juice is low.

As far as TV AC cracking them, yes it is true. This info is also burried in that thread somewhere about 3 weeks ago. I had one filled with AC and on the second morning I found the cracks at the base, with half my juice spilled out on the counter.

Have no idea about health hazards, but cannot imagine it is any worse than breathing in cigarette smoke.

These new Fluxomizers have no primer either, so there is true taste right off the batt, I just find the flavors a little muffled in these. They do have a wicking issue in my opinion, so I just lift the bottom seal slightly to allow for better wicking. Some juices taste better than others in them, and I also agree that TV leaves my attys and cartos gunked, but that will not stop me from vaping it, because it is quite tasty :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread