Oh no!! Lorann's oils #1 ingredient: PG!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikomoul

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
Oh NO,
I've been having a sore throat with PG so I switched to VG and vaped like a fiend yesterday with VG only. I mixed up a whole lot of flavors, bubble gum, cotton candy, etc, etc. All tasted great, but my sore throat continues today and is worse.
So i checked out the ingredients on the Lorann bottles. Out of the 15 flavors I bought, 14 had Propylene Glycol as the #1 ingredient. DAMN!
Now I can't even mix my own!!!:nah::mad:8-o:nah::(:(:(:(:(

nikomoul

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
Oh NO,
I've been having a sore throat with PG so I switched to VG and vaped like a fiend yesterday with VG only. I mixed up a whole lot of flavors, bubble gum, cotton candy, etc, etc. All tasted great, but my sore throat continues today and is worse.
So i checked out the ingredients on the Lorann bottles. Out of the 15 flavors I bought, 14 had Propylene Glycol as the #1 ingredient. DAMN!
Now I can't even mix my own!!! :yawn::(

C6Silver

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
I wonder if this is really from the PG in the flavorings. You are only using drops of the flavoring in an ocean of VG. I wonder if your sore throat could be something else and is lingering. If it isn't unbearable I'd give it some days before saying it is the PG in the flavorings. Again there is a huge difference between juices that are made with PG as the base liquid and those made with VG that have only a few drops of PG.

C6Silver

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
I personally have not seen flavorings made with VG, but I hasten to add that I am not a long-time veteran of this sort of thing. The major suppliers I have seen of flavoring use PG. I will say again that you are talking about a few drops in what is otherwise an ocean of VG liquid base (I assume people with PG problems would use a VG base). I am not a scientist, but that would be some sensitivity to be able to get enough PG from the few drops to have a reaction.

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
and yes, as a lot of people say, just because you feel a little irritated the FIRST time you try PG, don't think that it means you're allergic. by no means am i suggesting that you try something that is hurting you, but there's an adjustment to PG in your body. it took me a week or two before i got accustomed to it, but it was basic dry throat and a little irritation. nothing extreme or painful.

and to my knowledge, lorann, bickford and capella are all PG based.

nikomoul

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
o.k. It's been a week and my throat still hurts. But interestingly, i havent vaped in 3 days. I sound like a frog (i could easily see myself losing my voice). My nose is stuffy and i have a bad post nasal drip. Not sure if i should try vaping again or let all symptoms go away and then retry?? I bought some mouthwash last night and used it and it instantly worked, continued working for about 1 hour. Then the symptoms came back. I just know my 510 is going to show up today on my doorstep! What to do!:rolleyes:

ramblingrose

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
New Jersey USA
Oh NO,
Now I can't even mix my own!!!:nah::mad:8-o:nah::(:(:(:(:(
You can look up each flavor's ingredients at the Lorann Oils website before you buy it, but you're going to find PG is standard, and is with other brands, as well.

Have you tried Nuvape's non-PG?

nikomoul

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
You can look up each flavor's ingredients at the Lorann Oils website before you buy it, but you're going to find PG is standard, and is with other brands, as well.

Have you tried Nuvape's non-PG?

No i haven't tried them yet. But let's say they list their ingredients as:
glycerin, water, and flavorings. It would make sense to me that they too use flavorings such as lorann and others. So, in reality, their flavorings probably have pg too, thus making their non-pg eliquid contain pg.
Make sense?

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
My throat was rough for almost 2 weeks and then went away. I was determined... LOL

No pain no gain! Way to stick with it.

My 510 had a killer throat hit until I broke it in a little. Using a cartridge or topping off can help reduce throat hit/irritation more than dripping directly. But pain could be worse paying five dollars for a single pack of cigarettes! Now that's true agony!

--Prof Daffy

ramblingrose

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
New Jersey USA
No i haven't tried them yet. But let's say they list their ingredients as:
glycerin, water, and flavorings. It would make sense to me that they too use flavorings such as lorann and others. So, in reality, their flavorings probably have pg too, thus making their non-pg eliquid contain pg.
Make sense?
Not necessarily - why not ask? But this reminds me of the easy answer... JuicyLiquid! They have a new line of non PG flavorings. Just make sure to pick from 'Juicy' instead of 'Classic'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread