Not open for further replies.

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
Yeah, you may have a bad meter ... yes, you would do as you said, subtract any reading you get when touching the leads together from the total load resistance you measure.

When you touch the leads together the reading should definitely stabilize and do so pretty quickly. It could be one of the leads and not the meter itself also; I've had that problem before too.

I think I've only seen those inline readers in stock a couple times and that was a while ago. I'm not sure why that is frankly, they are pretty simple devices.

Last edited:

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Jet, it's out of stock. OP: I just sent a friend one, he was in the same boat as you. I didn't even realize it's sold out everywhere, I suppose it's because I already had one for awhile but with a provari or two provaris or three provaris, it just collected dust. Check out the pay it forward section of ECF when you have some time. Great spirits there. Good finds and generous people.

ETA: Thank you for the friends request. Welcome to ECF!

Last edited:

cosmikdebris

Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
United States
I will for sure do that. Thanks for the note. (as soon as they verify my pay-pal account.
Jet, it's out of stock. OP: I just sent a friend one, he was in the same boat as you. I didn't even realize it's sold out everywhere, I suppose it's because I already had one for awhile but with a provari or two provaris or three provaris, it just collected dust. Check out the pay it forward section of ECF when you have some time. Great spirits there. Good finds and generous people.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
You're welcome, happy to help.

Now if you can just decypher everything on the front of this meter for us slower folk 'n show us how to use it, maybe we'd buy more of 'em Meters : Cen-Tech Multimeter

dsc_0709-(2).jpg

RHP

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
My pleasure:

Connect the black test lead to the jack marked "Common" or "-"; connect the red test lead to the jack marked with the Ω (Ohm symbol) or letter "R" near it.

To check the resistance of your atomizers:

1. Turn your multimeter on and select the lowest Ohms setting, usually 200Ω.

2. Look at the display; the left side of the screen should display number 1.

3. First, test the resistance of your leads. Touch to two leads together, firmly, and wait for numbers to stabilize. On the right side of the screen, you should see a number between 0.0 and 0.4, or so. This is the resistance of your leads. Remember that number.

4. Now, to test your atty. Position your carto firmly on your desk; you don't want it to slip and slide all over the place. Touch one lead to the hole in the center of the atty and the other lead to the threads. Again read the display after the numbers have stabilized.

5. Subtract the resistance of your leads (#3) from the resistance of your atty(#4). This is the resistance of your atomizer.

This process takes some getting used to. Steady hand helps. Just keep practicing and you'll figure it out.

There are many tutorials on Youtube--watch them if you're a visual learner:

I like this one by GeekGirlVaper:

If you only want to check the resistance of your atomizers, you may want to consider buying this Atomizer and Cartomizer Ohm Meter--a very nifty, albeit single use, device:

1342887452113-981768337.jpeg

It can be used with all native 510 and 901/808 connectors; extensions or adapters are needed to test other atomizers (including eGo-threaded heads, which require a 510>eGo adapter). Many vendors carry them, including Smoktech, MadVapes, IndyVaporShop and others.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Why thank you tweety, very good read but naturally you can see the appeal of a 510 voltage meter, I'm actually looking for one too, sorry didn't mean to hi-jack the ohms meter thread.

RHP

ETA: Why do ya suppose ohms checkers and voltage meters are out of stock everywhere now, are they all done up in China?

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The one i purchased from alt smoke jumps around so much, it just seems like i'm guessing a bit to much. These just seem super simple, and quick. Do you have experience with them? Are they not as reliable?

Multimeters a pain.... Really. :D You need three hands.

See above. E-cig Ohm meters are great.

Hello. Does anyone have any idea when some one will have one of these in stock? I do use my provari at the moment
but this isn't always a possibility.
Hey all, very new here but I wanted to inform everyone ASAP. I know there is a big shortage on 510 ohm readers and everywhere is sold out. I found www.thehouseofvapor.com . As of right now they are not listed on the site you will need to call and place your order over the phone. 1 (716) 877-8273. Joe helped me out a lot. I live in Las Vegas, and it was 27.17 with shipping included. Get them while they have um, only 8 left!! hope this helps someone!!:)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hey all, very new here but I wanted to inform everyone ASAP. I know there is a big shortage on 510 ohm readers and everywhere is sold out. I found www.thehouseofvapor.com . As of right now they are not listed on the site you will need to call and place your order over the phone. 1 (716) 877-8273. Joe helped me out a lot. I live in Las Vegas, and it was 27.17 with shipping included. Get them while they have um, only 8 left!! hope this helps someone!!:)

That's ~7 bucks more than everyone else is charging... Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread