Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The recommended settings chart is only a chart of recommendations, and the actual experience varies according to the specific atomizer used (RBAs with proper wicking and air flow can handle much higher wattages), the liquid used (some flavours burn more easily), and personal preference. There is nothing inherently unsafe for you to vape at a higher than recommended setting, as long as your battery can handle the amp draw. If you go high enough you might pop the coil, but it's unlikely.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Grimmda

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2014
Kc
So I normally vape a 1.8ohm coil @ 4.8v with a spinner; 9 watts with a VV3/MVP2. If i go lower on either devices, VTF suffers. Assume all hardware is new and not faulty.

According to the Ohms chart, this should be unsafe. I get no burnt taste or any negative affects I can see.

So what gives?

What device (rba, clearo, carto or atomizer) are you using? I think that info is crucial to answer the question.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
the chart is BS as far as i'm concerned, honestly. many of the coils in even stock heads are capable of more than 8.5 watts without burning even dark juices. factor in a 28 gauge or lower kanthal or twisted coil and all bets are off. get into multiple coils and you can do well over the limit on that chart with each coil.

one thing that chart doesn't at all touch on... and why it will never be definitive... is coil temperature. watts is a measure of power usage and can only be relative to temperature after factoring in other variables. it will never define temperature on it's own.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
That chart is a starting point and set up with values that are unlikely to burn juice in anything. Cartos will outperform the chart and once you get into RBAs and RDAs, that chart is less than useless.

Start vaping with a reasonably low power level and increase in steps until you get burnt hits. Back off a bit and that is the highest power you can use with that device and that juice. When the coil gets gunked up the number will go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread