ohms with VV LT mini (unbranded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrilg70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
NC
OK, I know this is such a noob question but anyhoo, I have been vaping for awhile almost 6 months now using eGo batteries. I have finally found the setup I like after trying may things. I have DCT but do not like dual coils in general so I have been rocking the single coil triple punched flanged 1.7ohms. This has been the best setup for my juices and my needs. So today, I recieved my mini LT and of course playing around with the setting and finding that most of my juices are great around 4-4.4 using my 1.7ohm cartos. I know through reading that I really can not get the full benifit of the LT with the 1.7 ohm cartos but I have a ton of these thing so I will use them until I run out. But when I reorder what do you think the best ohms I should get? I know my vendor carries the single coil triple punch from 1.7, 2.0 and 3.0. Another question I have is the batteries I have I know are used but do come off the charger at 4.2 but within a few puff quickly drop to 3.9 and I am only getting about 2 hours out of the batteries before it drops to 3.5 then I am taking them out to recharge. They are the 18350IMR(red). Now, I am a extremely heavy vapor at low mg. Do you think this is happening do to the batteries being at the end a life or is this normal. I am going to order some new batteries. Where do most of you get yours from?

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
Best carto resistance for VV- I like 2.5 ohm Fusions (they usually meter closer to 2.8). Many people like 3 ohm Boges. Both good, and both should work well on the LT.

Bat life- The 1.7 ohm cartos you are running will probably drain your bats faster than a standard resistance carto. Get some standard resistance cartos, and you may find you bat life improves, though all bats are only good for so many charge cycles before performance starts dropping off. Expect 6 months of good performance from bats if you are a heavy vaper, and take good care of them.

HTH

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
with my gen 1 lavatube, the most heat(watts) i could generate was with a 2.0 ohm cartomizer. Here are my metered numbers. These are max voltage numbers, setting any higher and the tube wouldnt actually go up on the meter, showing the amp limit of the gen 1's.

1.7 ohm 4.3v 10.88watts
2.0 ohm 4.8v 11.52watts
2.5 ohm 5.3v 11.24watts
3.0 ohm 5.7v 10.83watts

So if you want max heat, the 2.0 and 2.5 ohm are your best bet. The 2.5 gives you a little better wattage gradation, each .1v increase gets you .34 watts on the 2.5 and .41 on the 2.0. The 2.0 gives you a little better battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread