Oi oi everyone! Lurking for a long time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Vapes82

Oct 29, 2018
Hi all,

I've been using these forums (which are great) for a while now, but never bothered to register.
It's about time i do though. I've been getting so much free advice and info from posts I've found on here, it's only natural to start chipping in as well.

I started vaping (and quit a 20 year, pack a day smoking addiction) just a bit over 2 years ago (I'm 36) and it turned into a hobby real fast. I love hardware, I love coil building, love tinkering with stuff, lately have been loving to get more into the tech side of batteries, etc.
I like mechs and regulated both. Every few months I'll prefer one or the other, so it changes.
Lately I've been getting into 3D printed mods more and more. I'm not a high-end man, but I sure do appreciate a well made piece of hardware. I don't care if the RDA/RTA I use costs 15€ or 150€. As long as i get good flavor, it's made well and it gives me good flavor, I like it!
I'm not a big squonk lover but I definitely own a few squonkers.

Coil building is quickly becoming a new passion. I've been spending a lot of time doing it, practicing it, buying all kinds of wire and equipment to learn under the best conditions.
As with everything DIY, it's always easier to do a decent job when you use the right tools.

I've only ever owned 2 tanks, a Vaporesso wich came with my Vaporesso Attitude mod (my 1st setup) and an Aspire Cleito, but have only used rebuildables for most of my vaping life. No preference for RTA's or RDA's, love both equally.
But my facorite setup is definitely a big beefy 3.5mm alien coil in my Taifun GT4 on a DNA75c 21700 mod.

Flavor wise, I prefer fruity desert types flavors, custards mixed with fruits or bakery items with fruits added to them. Cannot stand anything with added menthol or coolada.

I've dabbled a bit in DIY juice making, but have put it on hold. Both due to not getting the flavors i was after as well as me being a bit impatient so i'm definitely on #teamnosteep :D

So that's me in a nutshell ... hope to be of genuine help here.
Ask away about mods, batteries, coils, coil building, ... and i'll try to help as much as i can!

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
I'm not a big squonk lover but I definitely own a few squonkers.

What? Huh? Nah, no way you would ever say such a thing, I know better. I bet it was that crazy John Cena fool running around spreading his brand of amuck.

John-Cena-Arms-Up.png

Ha! I told you it was him.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Reading your vaping history, you sound like the perfect candidate for 3d printed/milled squonk mods. You mentioned you have some, but have you found the right RDA? The KRMA or Entheon go great with dessert flavours.

On the squonk side, there's a huge difference between the small chambered higher endish RDAs and the chinese mass produced stuff.

You won't find better flavour than from a small chambered squonk RDA.

Reactions: Bradder

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
You won't find better flavour than from a small chambered squonk RDA.

I somewhat agree but here's why only somewhat. The Gorge RDA has spoiled me. Its close second is the wasp Nano though, so yes I like the smaller chambered RDA. I also enjoy a ChiNaRDA at times.

Still I wish Cena had not run through the thread and said he was no squonk lover. I am now feeling all dejected, cheapened and unworthy and stuff. How can anyone much less Cena not love the squonk? It just makes me want to cry.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I somewhat agree but here's why only somewhat. The Gorge RDA has spoiled me. Its close second is the wasp Nano though, so yes I like the smaller chambered RDA. I also enjoy a ChiNaRDA at times.

Still I wish Cena had not run through the thread and said he was no squonk lover. I am now feeling all dejected, cheapened and unworthy and stuff. How can anyone much less Cena not love the squonk? It just makes me want to cry.

I hate the wasp with every ounce of my being.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
I hate the wasp with every ounce of my being.

Ought naught have told me that then. Now, I have no choice but to mention the Wasp Nano in nearly every posting, making it my life's mission and goal to assail you with Wasp nightmares.

*grinning real big*

No, I shan't do that for that isn't who I am. But I can at least have this one moment of levity. :) I am sorry you do not care for that RDA. I also like the Dead Bunny RDA, the Gorge, Velocity 2 clones, Goons. I might not be a horrible person for enjoying the RDA you detest. I don't think I am but sometimes too I just don't think. :) I go on a lot of muscle memory, auto-pilot.

Please excuse me now, need to get on with the day here in this offline bit of life. :)

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I've been using these forums (which are great) for a while now, but never bothered to register.
It's about time i do though. I've been getting so much free advice and info from posts I've found on here, it's only natural to start chipping in as well.
Welcome and glad you joined.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread