Status
Not open for further replies.

2fer

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
N.E. Ohio
The folks at LiquidXpress recommend water based flavorings instead of oils

From - fantes.com:
Oils - Generally pure, containing no alcohol or water. Preferred and safe for most uses. Must be used sparingly.
Extracts - Diluted oils, usually containing about 20% pure oils and the rest are additives. Alcohol is frequently used as an additive.
Flavors - When oil is not available for the flavor, natural and artificial flavors are used instead. Food-safe additives, possibly including alcohol, make up the bulk of the contents. Alcohol-free flavors must be used in the preparation of certain foods, like hard candies.
Note that Essence is a general term that can mean an oil or an extract, or a concentrated substance made from animal or vegetable.

The Bickfords price list identifies which are oil based and which are water based. The oil based are highlighted.

I am unable to decipher which LorAnn flavors are water or oil based.

SpiceBarn.com provides a VERY detailed list of ingredients. Everything is listed under Extracts, but many appear to be water based.

Cheers,
2fer

Faethe

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando, Florida
I got turned on to this site by one of you:

Natural Bulk Cosmetic Bases * Soap Making * Soapmaking Supplies * Essential Oils * Bulk Bases * Soap * Private Labeling * Contract Packaging * Soap Making Supplies

This is much cheaper than the bickfords of Lorann of you buy in bulk. They also sell dram samples for $1 of most everything. There is some really exotic stuff there. I don't know how much of it is good to vape. They do have menthol crystals (sold out) and do feature organic/vegan stuff labeled as such. Such wonderful stuff! Use some of the stuff they sell on your face, too. This is all UBP certified stuff. Very high quality and very cheap. Shipping is a pain in the ... but I think it all offsets in savings. So check that out. They have tinctures, extractions, and essential oils. Reputedly their stuff is much stronger than you would get elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread