oily, sticky taste in my mouth and throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldo.lim

Aug 2, 2013
Indonesia
hi..i'm very new to vaping (been vaping fr 3 weeks) currently i'm using apollo's xtreme kit and e-liquid (blueberry kona coffee, almond joyee and banana cream). i tend to vape quite a lot since i used to smoke 1-2 packs a day. in the first few days i really enjoyed vaping. but ever since 2-3 days ago i started to get an oily sensation in my mouth and throat. can someone enlighten me on this? i just ordered a halo triton and their eliquid. i'm hoping this new kit could solve this issue i'm having. can this problem be solved by switching brands?or this is just a sensation that comes naturally with vaping?

aldo.lim

Aug 2, 2013
Indonesia
wow..only took 5 minutes fr me to get the 1st reply..really appreciate it guys
nope i didnt switch to a higher VG mix juice..since i only ordered the preset e-liquid that apollo hv on their website
i was thinking if the e-liquid wasnt being vaporized enough. is this possible?
the oily feeling i get is quite annoying and at times it makes me wanna gag and vomit.

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
Plz so NOT drink the eLiquid. It's intended to be vaped.

Lol little j/k there.

I've read where several people having experienced same thing, so it can be normal. Usually related to higher VG liquids but not always.
Make sure your drinking lots of water. This hold go away and also has something to do with detoxing from analogs.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Put one drop on your finger and rub it, does it feel the same? If so then probably pulling too hard and getting tiny droplets of liquid in your mouth. Try a gentle 3 -4 second pull, hold it in your mouth a couple of seconds, then let it out your nose. See if you get more nic satisfaction and loose the odd mouth feel.

aldo.lim

Aug 2, 2013
Indonesia
it might seem plausible that i dripped too much liquid in my cartomizer since i get tired of having to refill it every half a day. hopefully using clearomizer could get rid of this problem.
i usually inhale directly to my lungs the same way i used to smoke analogs. letting it out through my nose without inhaling to my lungs makes me cough..haha..i do take slow longer drags than what i used to do with analogs
again, is it in anyway possible that the e-liquid doesn't get properly vaporized?

aldo.lim

Aug 2, 2013
Indonesia
hi..just updating my little thread..who knows there r newbies out there that face the same situation as mine. so its pretty much confirmed that the oily sensation i get came from almond joyee e-liquid (apollo ecigs) not that i'm bashing apollo, i really really appreciate their customers' service. they r very helpful and patient, not only they kindly responded my many questions about their brand but also about ecigs in general. however i only feel oily when i vape this particular juice (i hv 3 other juices from apollo). since my halo triton has arrived (finally) along with 4 halo's juices, i could at least compare the 2 brand e-juice n i dont get that oily taste at least from the 4 juices i got from halo. so it wasnt from the e-juice not getting vaporized thoroughly (i'm not even sure if its possible) as i thought initially.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...9-inhalation-technique-ecig-vs-cigarette.html

That link takes you to a very good explanation of how to make the transition from smoking to vaping. Inhalation technique is important.

Hydration is also very important. Cases of the Vapers Tongue are very common--dry/thick/bad taste in the mouth, dry eyes, itchy dry throat, etc.

You may find that the liquid that's aggravating you is actually not the culprit. By changing technique and staying hydrated, you might be able to enjoy it.

Wasting liquid is juice abuse! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread