OK..got the 510.. waiting! More noob "?'s'

Status
Not open for further replies.

yawppy

Aug 16, 2010
Rhode Island
OK, well decided to go with the flow.. ordered a 510, and thought I was ordering a different model, but after some more research.. looks like I'm getting another 510, guess they alternate model numbers as I have been noticing through my studies!

Any rate, no biggy, I'm already planning for this little bit of heaven to be crashed by the tax man or FDA any day, so am planning to get as much as I can before that happens.

So have noticed a few things, there are a lot of choices out there, and noticed a few mods, now that leads me to a question.

Can these be built from scratch in my basement, and also can One extract their own nicotine juice? I just asking because of all the NS that want to start a prohibition on it, what then? (yES ADDICTED TO NIC)

But I love to tinker, an would love it if I could build an e cig from scratch, I have seen battery mods, cart mods, but not like one built from scratch, cart, atty, bat, all home made, sounds kool to me, so just checking out there.

And so as I await this newest toy, I can not even contain my excitment, so went ahead and researched DIY juice, being a chef, this is going to be a blast! But a few questions for now:

Glycerine.. found it, but only like a 2 oz bottle, at a craft store so Where can I look for this stuff (Brick and Mortar) also there's a "P" can not remember the name that is also used can I get this retail?

also waht is the difference between PG/VG and oils, can they be used? pROS AND CONS

Well that is it5 for now, looking for a vaporizer group here in RI/MA/Or CT, if anyone knows of one please give me a holler at gmail.

TY

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
And so as I await this newest toy, I can not even contain my excitment, so went ahead and researched DIY Juice, being a chef, this is going to be a blast! But a few questions for now:

Glycerine.. found it, but only like a 2 oz bottle, at a craft store so Where can I look for this stuff (Brick and Mortar) also there's a "P" can not remember the name that is also used can I get this retail?

also waht is the difference between PG/VG and oils, can they be used? pROS AND CONS

Before you reinvent the wheel or cook up a batch that will be hazardous to your health, concentrate on learning about your new ecig. The Mods compiled great info and stickied the threads.

sofocused978

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2010
Boston
Hey Yawppy, congrats on your purchase. Supposedly PG juices create more of a throat hit while VG juices create more vapor. You can make your own DIY juices. There is information all over this board if you look around. I wouldn't worry bout not having access to the juice should the FDA crackdown on ecigs. This is the internet. ANYTHING can be had if you have the money. There is a Boston area group a couple forums down. Other than that I'm not sure about making an ecig in your basement unless you're Doc Brown from Back To The Future or Macgyver.

jiveman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
usa
OK, well decided to go with the flow.. ordered a 510, and thought I was ordering a different model, but after some more research.. looks like I'm getting another 510, guess they alternate model numbers as I have been noticing through my studies!

Any rate, no biggy, I'm already planning for this little bit of heaven to be crashed by the tax man or FDA any day, so am planning to get as much as I can before that happens.

So have noticed a few things, there are a lot of choices out there, and noticed a few mods, now that leads me to a question.

Can these be built from scratch in my basement, and also can One extract their own nicotine juice? I just asking because of all the NS that want to start a prohibition on it, what then? (yES ADDICTED TO NIC)

But I love to tinker, an would love it if I could build an e cig from scratch, I have seen battery mods, cart mods, but not like one built from scratch, cart, atty, bat, all home made, sounds kool to me, so just checking out there.

And so as I await this newest toy, I can not even contain my excitment, so went ahead and researched DIY Juice, being a chef, this is going to be a blast! But a few questions for now:

Well that is it5 for now, looking for a vaporizer group here in RI/MA/Or CT, if anyone knows of one please give me a holler at gmail.

TY

vg, or glycerin, can be found at wal-mart by the pharmacy/lotions.

uhh don't think you can extract your own nicotine in any way that i know of. i think it's a pretty complicated process for manufacturers.

a lot of mods aren't related to building their own attys, it's more about the power source for the atty.

pg gives off less vapor, and isn't as thick.

vg gives off a ton of vapor, is thick, almost syruppy, but leaves a bit of a sweet taste to your flavors.

Here's a tip that will save you alot of grief and dollars: Just get you a "Copper" from Atmosusa.biz, It's the "workhorse" of all the vaping devices! It's indestructible, you'll love it and never need to ever buy anything else! And, you'll see how this is made, may give you some ideas of your own??? For all the DIY stuff, check out totallywicked-eliquid.com for everything you need. Good Luck.

Zapp and Roger

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
www.myspace.com
As mentioned, you can get VG from wal-mart in the first aid section, and if you ask the pharmacist you can have them order you PG as well. The store in my neighborhood can only order 16oz of PG for 15$. The Glycerin (Pink and white labeled clear bottle Humco brand) was 2.98$. I love homemade DiY, and if you like menthol, try ebay for menthol crystals 7 bucks will buy you enough to last a few years if not forever lol Happy vaping and enjoy the new habi....hobby! :D

edit: Ask for Propelyne Glycol and not Polyethlene Glycol (Miralax-laxative) from the pharm.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Box Mod Kits A basic mod kit from a site that has lots of parts to DIY a mod. Also, Whole Foods carries VG in the skin care section. And, while I have extracted tobacco flavor from pipe tobacco, I really wasn't very successful at extracting nic w/ it. So, further experimentation on my part needs to be made. As others have said, I wouldn't worry to much. But if you feel "boyscout" about it, you could always buy a big bottle of nic juice in 100mg. Several of the ECF suppliers carry it. Then just keep it in the fridge for a rainy day. Welcome, and have fun!

If you have kids don't keep the nic juice where they can get to it. It is very toxic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread