• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

ok, guys, think i'm ready for a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA
I can't say the PS V3 is the way to go - it can be 'finicky' - but it can be awesome as well. It can operate as a 6V or a 3.7V depending on batteries used. It can use 801, 901 and 510's depending on the adapter used. That said, everyone should at least try a high voltage device.

Respectfully Yours,
(not an expert)

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
My baby is the Fistpack, but you can't buy 'em commercially anymore from Nuck.

he did, however, give a detailed walkthrough on how to build one yourself, so maybe if Electroman is handy with a soldering iron?

I still have my Chuck as a backup, I can always depend on that working even if I've not used it for a while. Heard great things about the Silver Bullet if you like big, BIG shiney mods, there are various box mods and feeders.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
but i'm totally lost. so, i respectfully ask for you "experts" to offer your well-informed opinions:)

Omega from AltSmoke since you are in the U.S. 3.7v and 6v based on batteries. $100, built like a tank and absolutely beautiful. Fully mechanical too, so no electronics to get screwed up.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Since the Fist Pack is no longer available (unless you make one), my vote is for the ProVari by ProVapes.

Being able to easily adjust the voltages to match your mood, the flavor, or the Ohms of your carto/atty, makes the additional cost worth it.

There's no muss, no fuss, no need for Noalox ;)
Just put in a battery, put on your favorite cato/atty & start playing.
Can return within 7 days if you aren't satisfied & has a one year warranty.
:vapor:

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
probably didn't take long enough to decide this. BUT, after looking at all, and weighing the pros and cons (the main con being the monsterous SIZE of these mods!), i'm going provari on mlrgrl's recommendation. that, and she's says it rocks. but electroman thinks he wants to try the GLV2 or Omega (thanks dusty!) unless he sees something else here that won't wring him out of $250 bucks like the provari will. and apparently giant, dynamite stick sized mods aren't an issue w/the fellas!

so, now...i'm going to have to deal with that 3 WEEK LEAD TIME! rrrrrr. i want it now! hahaha. now i, too, need to get some lower nic juice. everything i have is 24mg, except for a yucky 12 mg maple flave and an the 16mg 555 c-kool gave me. me needs my cinnamon vape fix, so it's off to FSUSA for an order now!

what level of nic should i try with the high power unit?

bigsix300

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
New Mexico
cool. that's only a step down. so, how does this work? i can dial up the voltage, use lower nic, and down to use higher nic?

Yeah you can do that once you start getting more vapor you really might need a lower nic level. I have been using 18mg 50/50mix FSUSA juice with my provari and TH is right were i like it. But, your tastes may be different.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I'd maybe even get a couple of the 3ml size bottles of juice in 11mg from FreedomSmokes in some flavors you like, or can be mixed pretty well with others, in addition to some 18mg.

I was having such fun playing around with it the first few days & figuring out where I liked various flavors, for the first time since vaping I thought I was going to get a nic OD & was zooming through batteries pretty fast LOL

You think you were having fun with flavors when you started vaping? <insert hysterical laughter here> you ain't tasted nothing yet.....

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
probably didn't take long enough to decide this. BUT, after looking at all, and weighing the pros and cons (the main con being the monsterous SIZE of these mods!), i'm going provari on mlrgrl's recommendation. that, and she's says it rocks. but electroman thinks he wants to try the GLV2 or Omega (thanks dusty!) unless he sees something else here that won't wring him out of $250 bucks like the provari will. and apparently giant, dynamite stick sized mods aren't an issue w/the fellas!

so, now...i'm going to have to deal with that 3 WEEK LEAD TIME! rrrrrr. i want it now! hahaha. now i, too, need to get some lower nic juice. everything i have is 24mg, except for a yucky 12 mg maple flave and an the 16mg 555 c-kool gave me. me needs my cinnamon vape fix, so it's off to FSUSA for an order now!

what level of nic should i try with the high power unit?

I use 5 volt PV's and still vape both 24mg and 18mg. I also was looking at the ProVari but I'm now leaning more toward the variable volt Darwin. It has a few more advantages and is lighter from what I have been told. You may want to check out this review:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ressions-newest-pre-production-prototype.html

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread