Ok I hate being all sappy but I am amazed and have to say so

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
I have been in several groups and forums over my years traveling the interwebs...this is the largest one I have ever belonged to. Considering its size and the number of active members I am truly amazed at the lack of drama here.

Now and then I see a short argument and perhaps a troll accusation or two (generally in the new members forum) but I don't ever see pages of sheer ugliness. I find myself wondering how can this be?

I've never even heard of such a thing where so many different people with different tastes and opinions all gather in one place.

Those of us in the US know our country goes by the nickname "the great melting pot". Well I submit that ECF has earned that name in a way the US most likely will never accomplish.

Sooo I'm just rambling and giving out some love to my fellow ECF members a better group of people you'd be hard pressed to find.

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
To be honest, I suspect it's more a matter of maturity. That sounds so much better than saying we're old. :) Face it, there aren't that many young smokers. Also, the ones that are motivated to quit have been at it a while. So, the average age here is probably a little higher than a lot of forums. We have to give the moderators some credit too.

sam.8

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I think part of it that there's a lot to learn in the ecig world, most people enjoy learning....especially when it comes to getting off or at least reducing smoking. Not to mention most of us are happily getting our nic fix :) Moderators absolutely do a great job. It's very far and few between that you see someone had to remove a comment. Just a happy bunch of folk!

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
I have been on teh Inter-webs since early 1996 and have seen private, moderated fora grow from the older system of newsgroups and UUNET. I think that any private, subscription only forum, targeted at a niche interest and strongly moderated - with clearly set out rules and expectations of conduct - is bound to do well, and encourage the polite, helpful and friendly sharing of opinions and information.

I belong to several fora (one or two as large as this one, in terms of active members), covering a wide variety of interests (from wet shaving to Chevy diesel trucks) but all having the3 one thing in common - the civil attitude of their members, working, truly, as a community.

I, for one, am very, very grateful for fora such as ECF.

Taniger1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
Pasco, Washington
Pfft, I think it's because there is so much to LEARN, your head is spinning and you can't get out a decent arugument (flame). So by the time the crabbys from quitting the OTHER 3900 chemicals have worn out of your system, you finally start getting a handle on what's going ON. No NEED to flame. LOL

Alternativly, it could be this is the BIGGEST ... support group I've ever SEEN, the moderaters (or is that matadors?) are just as likley to jump in and tone it down as they are to close it, and frankly, we're a pretty non argumentative bunch.

I love it here!

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Okay, I must admit, we are a great bunch of people---what's to argue about :)
but I must give credit where credit is due.

Administration and moderators
b0252.gif

So everybody give them all a
th_image013.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread