OK, I just have to ask......

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyDancer

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Oklahoma
Ok so what makes this company, Le Whif, able to get away with an inhaled product like this without problems? Is it the lack of nicotine? If that were the case it doesn't make sense because many people vaping choose no nic. Le Whif: As Sweet As Chocolate, As Light As Air
vaping and inhaling chocolate, vitamins or coffee all seem so similar to me but of course, I'm new to all this.
I have no idea but thought I'd ask.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Have they researched what those particles do to the back of the mouth and throat over time? OMG.... doesn't sound safe, let's ban this!!!!! Kids must be protected.
Nanny Logic:
1. This is not good- it could lead to e-cigarette use by youth (after all it almost is vaping and has flavors!!).
2. E-cigarette use is dangerous- it contains Nicotine.
3. E-cigarette use will lead to real smoking by youth
4. We better ban this- it's will definitely cause children to smoke

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Actually aerosol type things like this have been around forever in breath sprays, and this is kind of the same thing, but going to the next level, the guys a Harvard professor who invented the Whif, and its been out for some time now. Big Tobacco says they are going to be releasing the same type of thing in a Nicotine version by 2017 maybe earlier. Nothing is actually heated up with these which is why I think the FDA does't mess with these, but once Nic is added it also wont be a problem simply because Big tobacco is releasing it. What I wonder is if there going to have flavored versions outside of just menthol like we have vape flavors. Should be interesting as to what New Yorks Linda Rosenthal has to say about these up there in New York. Once Big Tobacco releases them, they will get away with it no mater what though, they have deep enough pockets to pay people in our Govt to keep there mouths shut :)

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
They don't have nicotine in them,

This is your answer.

Nicotine in the U.S. falls under 2 categories: tobacco or medical treatment. That's why the FDA wanted e-cigarettes to be ruled a drug treatment device by the court, so they could ban them outright as unapproved drug delivery devices. Without nicotine, the FDA regards products pretty much as a placebo. (Which is why non-drug products like this can get away with the disclaimer "These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.") This E-Z Quit product is basically a mint breath spray.

The nicotine is what kicks in the "is it a drug treatment" criteria. The "it looks like smoking" part of e-cigs is just what got the ANTZ's panties in a bunch and pester the FDA to ban them. That and the fact that smokers were starting to buy them in droves. The E-Z Quit product may have hit the ANTZ/FDA radar if they were selling the way e-cigs are and cutting into Big Pharma profits - but they'd have to actually WORK to do that. ;)

Also, I wouldn't say the E-Z Quit mimics smoking so much - it looks like someone is holding and sucking on an unlit cigarette. The vapor produced by e-cigs truly mimics (ie. resembles) smoking - including the dreaded "second-hand vapor," of which the ANTZ are so afraid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread