Ok, I know about Max VG, but what about Max PG? (acid reflux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
I've started having trouble with acid reflux and it's probably caused by the nic but I'm going to mix some testers. 0 nic @ 50/50, 3% nic @ Max VG, 80/20 pg/vg @ 3% nic, and etc.... just to see if the pg, vg, or nic is the culprit. Does max pg even work?

I seem to recall that I didn't have the problem until I moved from MTL to DTL and from small tanks like my Aspire K1's and Aspire K3's to my current large tank, (Nano's), and mods.

Any suggestions?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I suppose it's worthwhile trying out some different juices to see if it will help. If it's only happening with an increased volume of juice, maybe you want to dial it back to some less cloudy setups at least some of the time, to give your body a break? Just my thoughts, although you may want to see a doctor as well, I'm entirely uncertain whether vaping can give you acid reflux though I have heard about it on this board before. Might try unflavored as well, if you are trying things, though.

best of luck, I hope it clears up.

Anna

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'm going to mix some testers. 0 nic @ 50/50, 3% nic @ Max VG, 80/20 pg/vg @ 3% nic, and etc.... just to see if the pg, vg, or nic is the culprit.

To narrow down what's possibly causing it, you should change only 1 thing at a time in each group of testers. For example, with your eliquids:

0mg nic @ 80VG/20PG
0mg nic @ 50/50
0mg nic at 80PG/20VG

3mg nic @ 80VG/20PG
3mg nic @ 50/50
3mg nic @ 80PG/20VG

Also, since you said the AR seemed to appear when you changed to DTL from MTL...you may want to test that out, too, in separate tests. Use just 1 eliquid that you used before the AR problem started...vaping with it both ways (MTL and DTL) for several days, using a duplicate tank & coil for both, and see if it's possibly the vaping method that's causing it.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I've started having trouble with acid reflux and it's probably caused by the nic but I'm going to mix some testers. 0 nic @ 50/50, 3% nic @ Max VG, 80/20 pg/vg @ 3% nic, and etc.... just to see if the pg, vg, or nic is the culprit. Does max pg even work?

I seem to recall that I didn't have the problem until I moved from MTL to DTL and from small tanks like my Aspire K1's and Aspire K3's to my current large tank, (Nano's), and mods.

Any suggestions?
When i first moved to dtl from mtl i had issues myself tbh (not allergy related)
But it was mostly due to the simple fact i wasen't used to so much vapor production, so it kinda felt like i was choking/cleaning my lungs for a while. Lately i've been vaping at 80 watts without too much trouble which i can't lie is still a challenge to me rn as i've never vaped so high xD (you get a crazy nic intake that way and great taste atm using some fruity vapes)

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Don't discount other factors as causing or contributing to your problem.

I've had an adjustable, vibrating bed for a couple years. Having dealt with some heartburn and acid reflux for a number of years, I had it programmed to raise my head and shoulders and a 20 minute wave vibration when hitting the sack. Worked wonderful for about a year. I was DL all that time and had gradually increased the VG content in my juices. Then I started having AR almost every night and started adjusting my VG intake thinking that was surely the problem since nothing else had changed. Having no improvement by adjusting anything with my vape (granted, I didn't try everything), I figured I would try adjusting the bed. Turns out shutting off that vibration while going to sleep totally eliminated my problem, haven't had a single occurrence in over 6 months now. I like my vape so much, shutting off that short luxury was a no brainer for me.

Just pointing out that even if nothing else has changed, something else might help the problem. BTW, Gaviscon is my friend. ;)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
See a doctor. There are other things that can cause AR, so find out if there is something else going on. I had to stop taking Ibuprofen, sleep on a foam wedge, and take a pill every morning 1/2 hour before eating. Problem went away. Just for the record, I avoid overeating, too spicy foods, vape MTL, and 50% VG.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

Any suggestions?
When I DTL, I seem to gulp the vapor and may be swallowing some.
I suppose it might be similar to swallowing when chewing tobacco versus spitting.
So my advice is, don't swallow vapor.

Cheers
I

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Just to add my input, I vape 100% VG 16-18mg DTL and I've never had an issue with acid reflux + vaping. I do get acid reflux but it's a genetic thing (my mom & grandma both have it pretty bad). For me it only crops up a few times a year.

I just try not to eat anything for at least 2 hours before lying down for bed and that seems to keep it at bay. I've also noticed that since adding more insoluble fiber to my diet I almost never get acid.

Time to buy some green veggies? :pervy:

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
Yeah, I would be looking at the mtl to dl transition.

Well, after 4 days of MTL, my problem seems to be about 99% solved. Have to say though, MTL is not nearly as satisfying as DTL. One of the reasons might be I'm trying to MTL with my OBS Nano's. Anyone have a suggestion for drip tips for the Nano that are more conducive to MTL?
(yes, I know about the HUGE Nano thread. Would take me a week to dig through it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread