OK, I Was Wrong: That Vendor Is Horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
The other day I asked for comments on a certain vendor and was warned that they are unscrupulous because they hijacked another vendor's trademark product. I was adamant about giving the vendor the benefit of the doubt and this ticked a few people off but I stood my ground, resigned to try the product first before passing judgement. I can now say without a doubt that I should have listened to the warnings. The juice that arrived today was just horrible. The BB (you know what that stands for) tasted like instant coffee with powdered creamer in it. The cherry was, I don't know, cherry I guess. The Spearmint tasted like vicks vapor rub so I decided to clean out the tank completely. After that I noticed that some condensation was lingering in the evod tank that I couldn't get rid of for the life of me, until I shone a flashlight in there and realized it wasn't condensation at all. The juice had totally corroded the tank. There are now flakes of plastic peeling off inside the tank. Mind you, this was just with a few DROPS of this certain vendor's e-juice. I've heard that some juices can crack a plastic tank but whatever causes that, this juice must have the maximum amount of it in it. I have another mint flavored juice from another company that tastes much better and didn't corrode the tank so I would have to assume it was made that way simply out of cheapness. I'm out an evod tank; luckily I have a spare. I'm also done with buying anything plastic from now on because it's a crap shoot if you want to try different stuff from different vendors. So I admit it. I was absolutely wrong about this vendor. If you can figure out which one I'm talking about, stay away from them and continue to warn others about them: hopefully others won't be as stubborn about it as I was and if they are, they'll learn the hard way.

Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Their Cinnamon Bun reduced a tank of mine to a puddle. I'll try to help you maintain Alien Vapors anonymity. Takes a big man to admit when they're wrong!

Side note...don't throw out the Bobas Bounty from ALIEN VAPOR. If you mix it with everything else that you have that sucks...it sucks less!

cdsaint66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Goodfield, IL
CJ, the amount of experience and expertise assembled here at ECF is simply amazing. I usually listen when an overwhelming majority of experienced members agree. On the other hand, sometimes you just have to experience things for yourself. In my case, it was the Fogger V1. The drip tip is cool, but the rest of the RBA was junk. I keep telling myself I'll tear it apart and modify the parts that need modified..... Well, anyway it was crap. So try to check things out here first and save yourself some trouble. And I'll try to take my own advice.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Their Cinnamon Bun reduced a tank of mine to a puddle. I'll try to help you maintain Alien Vapors anonymity. Takes a big man to admit when they're wrong!

Side note...don't throw out the Bobas Bounty from ALIEN VAPOR. If you mix it with everything else that you have that sucks...it sucks less!

Lucky I washed the tank out before it totally cracked but I think it's useless now. I don't feel comfortable putting anything into a tank that's peeling on the inside. Is there any fix for it? I doubt it. Besides the vendor issue why do they make tanks out of plastic that is going to do that with certain juices anyway? This is a tank that just arrived in the mail today, it was brand spanking new.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
CJ, the amount of experience and expertise assembled here at ECF is simply amazing. I usually listen when an overwhelming majority of experienced members agree. On the other hand, sometimes you just have to experience things for yourself. In my case, it was the Fogger V1. The drip tip is cool, but the rest of the RBA was junk. I keep telling myself I'll tear it apart and modify the parts that need modified..... Well, anyway it was crap. So try to check things out here first and save yourself some trouble. And I'll try to take my own advice.

Good advice. I think my problem was that I had already made the purchase so I didn't want to feel like I had been suckered. Well, I was suckered. The tank and the juices that I'll probably never use, I'm out about $25 thanks to old slippery fingers over there in space land.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Knuckles sufficiently drubbed. Putting steel ruler back in desk drawer.

In theory, this wouldn't be so bad - except that your experience with the liquids is pretty much what the majority have to say about them. That's why there is a lot of umbrage on ECF about this particular cloned vendor.

I have to go have my Generals Eclectic 'fridge repaired for the sixth time. Not sure why...

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Knuckles sufficiently drubbed. Putting steel ruler back in desk drawer.

In theory, this wouldn't be so bad - except that your experience with the liquids is pretty much what the majority have to say about them. That's why there is a lot of umbrage on ECF about this particular cloned vendor.

I have to go have my Generals Eclectic 'fridge repaired for the sixth time. Not sure why...

Ah, but let me go on. The BB that I ordered with MAX VP had barely any vape to it. So I'm like, maybe they didn't really put the VP in it. Yet it was as thick as molasses. Something was definitely wrong with it. The mint that messed up the tank I'm pretty sure didn't even have nicotine in it even though I ordered it at 24mg--of course I could have been vaping plastic.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I think the materials used for clearomizers were chosen before the expansion into more and more flavors - or maybe they just didn't recognize it as a problem. It's STILL a slightly undefined problem - some citrus and some cinnamon, but not others? It's kind of a gamble...

If you otherwise like the vape of an EVOD but you're looking for flexibility to handle any juice, I'd recommend you get yourself some ProTank Mini's. They cost more - but they're excellent...

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
I think the materials used for clearomizers were chosen before the expansion into more and more flavors - or maybe they just didn't recognize it as a problem. It's STILL a slightly undefined problem - some citrus and some cinnamon, but not others? It's kind of a gamble...

If you otherwise like the vape of an EVOD but you're looking for flexibility to handle any juice, I'd recommend you get yourself some ProTank Mini's. They cost more - but they're excellent...

That's the one I have my eye on, uses the same head too. I'm actually just assuming it was the mint because that's the last one I tried. For all I know it might have been the BB that did it, although I'm pretty sure it was the mint. I did not know mint had that issue. I had read citrus and cinnamon but not mint.

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

The plastic they use also lowers production costs. Plastics that can handle the more "toxic" flavors are more expensive. I have a PT Mini Protank 2 that I just got for use specifically with liquids that are known to do this. I still prefer the EVOD tanks though and will continue to use those for the rest. 101vapes is selling the Protank Mini 2 for 10.99 right now I believe.

Correction: $10.49

It also helps when the vendor keeps a list of liquids that might cause this issue like Mount Baker Vapor does.

Last edited:

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
The plastic they use also lowers production costs. Plastics that can handle the more "toxic" flavors are more expensive. I have a PT Mini Protank 2 that I just got for use specifically with liquids that are known to do this. I still prefer the EVOD tanks though and will continue to use those for the rest. 101vapes is selling the Protank Mini 2 for 10.99 right now I believe.

Correction: $10.49

It also helps when the vendor keeps a list of liquids that might cause this issue like Mount Baker Vapor does.

I'm kind of thinking just use juices that are purchased from kanger dealers because I doubt they would sell something that is going to corrupt their own products. For anything else uncertain, I'm going to get a glass tank, because how do you know and losing a tank like that is just a bummer. I'm going to search around their website to see if they have any warnings about the problem that I might have missed. I waited a week for that tank to get here so that I could have a spare so you can imagine how bummed I am.

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
I have evods, too. I've used creme de menthe from MTB and from Vaporgod with no problems at all, even spearmint. I also have the protank 2 and the mini protank 2. Those are always a safe bet for me. Plus, I just really like the flavor they produce with most liquids. Much more. I got the glass tanks because of all I've read about tank crackers. So, I just play it safe. What I know works in an evod stays in an evod. Nice little suckers!

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
I have evods, too. I've used creme de menthe from MTB and from Vaporgod with no problems at all, even spearmint. I also have the protank 2 and the mini protank 2. Those are always a safe bet for me. Plus, I just really like the flavor they produce with most liquids. Much more. I got the glass tanks because of all I've read about tank crackers. So, I just play it safe. What I know works in an evod stays in an evod. Nice little suckers!

Does an evod head work in the protank mini. I'm looking at them online and I think they look different.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
That's a tricky question, because Kanger changed their heads!
There USED to be an EVOD-specific head that had a shorter air tube, but they've discontinued it, and now sell just ONE head that fits the ProTank, ProTankMini, and EVOD. The T3 head is still unique (and just to confuse things MORE, you can use a T3 head in a ProTank, but cannot use a ProTank head in a T3). Got all that? LOL.

Bottom line - get some coil/head/cores with a ProTankMini to be safe - but when you run out of EVOD heads, you'll probably have to buy "ProTank/EVOD" heads anyway...

Does an evod head work in the protank mini. I'm looking at them online and I think they look different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread