ok, if there was a blindfold test, would there really be a big difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Okay, so in my few months of becoming a proud vaperor, I started off quite typically, cig style 801, to KGO basic set up; boge cartos, drip tip. I added a few different tanks; the basic (crappy, smoke tech DCT) phiniac, triple vs. Boges started to go downhill, so looked into attys. Didnt think Id like reg atty and the dripping etc. Tried a Kanger CE4, nice, but not thrilled, was too warm and kept getting occasional burny taste. Went back to the boge with phiniac. Was getting really frustrated, looked all over these forums and ordered the VIVi Nova 2.5. Its been real good, cant be sure it its better than a good boge on a pyrex tank. Im really liking the Vivi, so here is the big question.
Now dont freak out with what Im suggesting, if the VIVi is this good for about 15.00, how much better would vaping on lets say, a Zen or GG or DID? If there are owners out there that have any of these or other atties of the same caliber and how have used the new VIvi Nova 2.5 ( new one with short wicks) how much better is it? If someone did a blindfold test and made you vape from the vivi and one or all of the above, could one tell the difference? First thought that went thru my head was if this little insignificant looking Vivi tastes this good than I wonder how good an Oddyseus must be? ( actually most of this probably talk ourselves into it) I really want to know, but really even if the taste was not that much better the lover of beautiful stainless accessories would still want to buy a GG Iatty 2, just cause it so damn gorgeous.

Theken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
I am an owner of the DID rebuildable and it really is great but honestly, the Phoenix Rebuildable ($20) tastes just as good. The ViVi is more of a tank and wouldn't compete in taste to direct dripping so I couldn't really compare them fairly. I will, soon enough, be the owner of my "end game" set up which will be a GGTS with a GG Penelope and will post about its certain awesomeness.

I agree that the Iatty2 is a beauty!

defy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
South Florida
I got the Vivi Nova 2.5 a few weeks ago and it was a huge step up from the other Clearomizers and cartridges I had been using (Vision, Boge LR/SR, Bauway, etc.). Last week I was up way too late one night reading about RBA's and pulled the trigger on a GG Penelope and had it 2 days later.

It absolutely blows the Nova out of the water. The taste is so much more distinct and noticeable. The draw on it is more airy but for me it's incredible and when I use the Vivi Nova now I feel unsatisfied (in all fairness I need to replace the coil in it but nonetheless).

The Penelope is dead sexy on top of my SS Vtube and I've been having a blast chain vaping at different temps to dial the Penelope in perfectly for my juice. I don't have any other RBA experience so I can't say if the Penelope's price tag makes it better than others, but now I'm stalking to get an Odysseus based on how much I love the Penelope.

~defy

keenanmcfar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2012
ottawa
I have both the nova tank and the RAtank from dfw and i can honestly say, yes. There is no doubt one could tell the difference between the two flavour wise with a blind fold on. Honestly, i think i could tell if 90% of my taste buds dissappeared. Rebuildables are definitely something id recommend if u have patience for tinkering!

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
I've got some v2 Nova tanks with coils I built with NR legs. They are decent but the Ody and Pene blow them away. You can adjust the draw by the length of center pin and the fluid control adjusts to match juice and voltage. It all adds up to the perfect vape. And once you set it where you want it, it stays that way. No leaking, no flooding, no dry hits, nothing to break in your pocket or if dropped. They might cost 10x as much but they are the best bang for the buck I've got since I started vaping. I forgot to mention the amount of vape, flavor and throat hit are off the charts. If you buy either and for some strange reason they aren't for you, you can sell it in the classifieds for what you paid in about 2 seconds.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Well, im trying NOT to spend more money. I knew and kinda hoped that I would hear all these responses. I got the little nova and it is wonderful, so that is why I started thinking, can it get better? I would hate to spend on an ody or zen and find out that apart from the beautiful case that it really was not better. Its like my batteries. I have 4 KGo being rotated. I love them. Good and dependable vape, long battery life, usually about 6 good hours before they start to decline in performance. I said to myself I'll just keep using these till the battery life decline to where its not keeping me happy. Of course if you spend any amount of time you read all these post and you start to get MOD envy. Ive been controlling it for the whole 3months or so of vaping. I bought various tanks, pyrex phiniacs, tripple v tanks, tried some CEs(yucK) Now I have my VIVi and Im happy too. But on monday night I did it. I placed an order for a custom Saber touch. 130.00 dollars + (batteries and charger) a new all black phiniac tank etc) I did alot of research and found one that fit my priorities. First of all it had to be black and blacker the better, as little chrome as possible.Next it had to perform and have at least double the battery life and be ruggedly built with a clean sleek look.I found on on the HOUSE of hybrids site, the zenesis Bam, but they no longer made it. So I finally found the Saber Touch. I cant wait till its in my hands and I load it up with a special tobacco I have steeping just for it. Now all I need to get is a nice black glass drip tip and I should be set for a few years. Exccept of course I might NEED to get a Zen or Odysseus for it too.

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Im awating my new saber touch and I cant wait to try it out on that. Not that there is anything wrong with the KGO batteries. I just keep getting tanks and other accessories that seem a bit top heavy on top of the KGO. I might get a VIVi mini for the KGO and keep the reg one for larger PVs.
A "journey" it has been, Im loving it, there have been a couple times where I have said why did I do this, everything was going fine, but the carto problems were the cause of those.

Nurzrachit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Gray,GA.
I have to agree with frequentj, I find genesis to be superior to all the bridgeless atomizers I have used in the past. I too have the short wick Vivi Nova tank, and it rocks. I think it is just a matter of the flavor level and throat hit you want. I actually prefer the Vivi with caramel flavors, it tones them down some, and they taste creamier. Either way, you are in for a treat it's tit for tat. Gotta love the vaping choices, this beats the crap out of smoking, hard to believe I ever did that. My recent purchase that I would highly recommend is the Phoenix. For 18$ shipped from nhaler you can not beat it. I set mine up with a SSmesh with Silica wire through the middle. Takes about 10 drops of juice and wicks/vapes phenominal on my twist, holding it in my hand now. In fact, had to turn on the ceiling fan so I could see my laptop screen.

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
I got my first rebuildable(Phoenix) about a week ago and man is it awesome. Made my first coil without any issue and have adjusted it to find the super-sweet spot. As for a "Blind taste test" comparison, I think Nurzrachit's idea would be hilarious ;) Seriously tho, I don't think I could imagine a $150 rebuildable atty really having that much more of a "wow-factor" than a $15-$20 Pheonix, at least not a $130 worth of wow anyways.

Now, to be fair I have not used a DID or Z-atty and maybe they are that much better (in terms of hit/vape quality) but I can't see it. As far as looks and functionality of having a "tank system" in play then yes they may be well worth it but I'm having a hard time justifying the bullet-biting on that one.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread