The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ok...it's kinda girly but what do you think?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by Michele, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Michele

Michele Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2009
    Lewisville, Texas
    I used to keep all my e-cig hardware, juices, and various other items in a large fishing tackle box. I used this because I didn't have the space to permanently keep out all my e-cig stuff and when I started using it my youngest daughter was only 10yrs old. Well, time has passed and I can keep my stuff out, I've outgrown the tackle box, my daughter is old enough to not mess with my stuff, and I actually have a place to "set up shop" so to speak! I have multiple little bottles of this and that juice and I've tried keeping them in the tackle box, but I have to pull each one up, then down, then up, then down, to read the labels.

I decided that either a wall mounted spice rack or nail polish rack would work better
    wall mounted spice rack.jpg nail polish wall rack.jpg Acrylic Nail Polish Wall Rack.jpg
    Spice Rack Wooden Nail Polish Rack Acrylic Nail Polish Rack

So what do you think? Does anyone have another idea that I haven't thought of to have my stuff handy but not all over the place?

I also found this for all the hardware and gadgets that I use to DIY and stuff...

Multi Drawer small parts organizer.jpg The largest one in the back seems to be the one I'd need. Any other ideas??
    :confused::confused:

2. Michele

Jul 1, 2009
    Lewisville, Texas
  3. Dustydragon

Dustydragon Super Member ECF Veteran

well are you a girl lol all kidding aside I think it's a sweet idea and I'm a guy so go figure ...lol

4. garyinco

garyinco Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2010
    CO, USA
    I like the one on the left. Have you thought about some of the medicine cabinets on Craigslist. It would conceal the contents and might contain smell a little. i like the kind with wooden doors (no mirror).

5. Twinturbo4486

Twinturbo4486 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Well, I'm not a girl but I think it's a great idea. Sounds like something I would do.... am I girly?

6. Randyrtx

Randyrtx Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2009
    Cedar Park, TX
    I like the wooden spice rack, looks more "homey" :)

7. mwa102464

mwa102464 Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

These Stanley Boxes work very well, there available at Home Depot there cheap and work well, they hold a 30ml bottle of juice standing up perfect and lots of them :2cool:.

8. db13berry

db13berry Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    USA
    I love girly!

I use a cabinet, like the one you have there, for my cartos, carts, attys, drip tips, small empty bottles, needles, syringes, etc. etc. etc.

I love the spice rack idea too. I just haven't collected enough bottles of stuff to need a whole spice rack. Yet.....

9. MagnusEunson

MagnusEunson Bearded Super Villain Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    Behind you
    I must be, what is it you people call it? Metrosexual? Because I don't think that's girly.... I think it's a great idea. If you bedazzle it or something I might change my opinion. -Magnus

10. Michele

Jul 1, 2009
    Lewisville, Texas
    Well The Stanley hardware box is great but I'd still have the problem that I have now with my tackle box. I like the cabinet idea. I think I'll see what I can find online. Thank you all....

...and Mangus? That bedazzle idea? GREAT!! LOL

11. juicejunky

juicejunky Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2011
    gone
    Since you are looking to hang it on a wall, how about a surface mounted medicine cabinet? You could close the door to keep dust off.

12. want to quit

want to quit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011
    Germany/ Atlanta, GA
    For juice the rack is for sure the best idea because no matter what drawer you use you always have to take out the bottles to see what kind it is. Only issue I see with the rack is that if they are in a room with a lot of light the juice may goes bad but besides that A+ idea I have to get me one for sure. Each level another vendor I LOVE THE IDEA!!!
    I bought some cheap clear drawers from Ikea for attys, cartos, and other vaping supply easy to open everything visible but I always struggled with juice because of the above and now with your nail polish rack idea that problem is out of the way.

Edit: Juicejunky just solved the light and dust issue very nice.

13. MagnusEunson

Apr 30, 2011
    Behind you
    Why Mangus? Why do I always get Mangus-ed in all the threads? Is that a name I'm unfamiliar with?

BEDAZZLE! -Magnus

14. db13berry

db13berry Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    USA
    HAHA! I always read your name as Mangus too, Magnus.

15. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    If you decide to go with the spice rack to hold your juice, just make sure you hang it someplace out of direct sunlight.

16. MadHatter

MadHatter Sic itur ad astra Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2010
    Waco, Texas
    My first thought was: They make racks for finger polish?

And they're that big? Do some women actually have that much polish?

17. MagnusEunson

Apr 30, 2011
    Behind you
    How emasculating. Oh dear. :-( -Magnus

18. Critter Man

Critter Man Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2010
    Minnesota
    Hell, even I knew it was Magnus. It's the more manly of the two, how could folks get confused?

There are curio cabinets that may work, but many are too small and use woefully inadequate mounting hardware. Bigger and more expensive would be an apothecary cabinet. Good for display, but wouldn't solve the light issue. I'm just spitballin' here.

19. SuziesMom

SuziesMom Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 28, 2010
    NY
    I like it!!! Especially the nail polish rack- but I'm partial to nail polish. There are a lot of cool polish displays if you check nail blogs, and they tend to be pretty inexpensive. I also like the plastic stacking drawer units from Walmart-- I have a few of the little 5 stacks that are handy. The drawers are short, but if you need to lay short things out so you can see them, they're fantastic.

I think the racks are built for salon displays- but yeah, there are women who collect cosmetics, and someone having a few hundred of them isn't unheard of. They're only a few bucks each, and don't go bad so they pile up pretty quickly.

I store mine (vape gear and nail polish) in Helmer drawer units from Ikea because I don't have much wall space, and mine would get dusty. Each drawer holds about 65 bottles- of either juice or nail polish. But- yes, picking each one up to figure out what flavor it is gets old.

Maybe color coding the tops with nail polish....hmmm. :)

Storage Solution – The IKEA Helmer | All Lacquered Up

20. Old Chemist

Old Chemist Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Poland
    Well, as a chemist I have to say that definitely it's much better to store the liquids, aromas and nic bases protected from light - not only direct sunlight, but all the light. Therefore a drawer is much better solutions than a display, although they would look very, very nice being displayed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.