Ok, I've been a couple opinions Vaping for a week. I have a few technical ???'s and a few opinions wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sucker_dad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
topeka, ks, USA
Ok so I have the Ego-T 900 mah battery with a Kanger Evod tank. Is the Pro tank 2 that much better? Do the Variable voltage batteries make for a better hit? I will get some sort of battery for a back up. A question on Ohms. I understand the higher the number it will be lower voltage and a cooler burn. I have heard one person say the lower the resistance the more burnt it tastes and I have also heard the opposite, which is true? On the issue of E juice, I hear them talking about PG/VG 80/20 mixes and such will someone please explain? When Ordering from vendors can you specify your viscosity? Also I have so far had three different flavors. I have a bottle of Dr. Pepper I like it a lot. Also I have some Raspberry which I like(prefer the Dr Pepper). Suggest a flavor and vendor for a first Lg bottle purchase. Currently I am using the 24 mg strength but I think I will step it down when I buy as I get the nicotine flavor in my mouth bad after just a short while. Sorry for all the questions, but it is all so confusing. Thank you all for any input.

Last edited:

tgardner23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
nebraska
as far as ohms go if I am using a 1.5 ohm I vape at 3.7-3.9 volt 2.0 ohms around 4 volts 2.5 ohms I like at 4.3-4.5 volts and I suggest you try mt baker vapor juices there super cheap and if your total is over 15$ before shipping they send you a free 10 ml bottle of juice.

For vv devices I suggest getting the mvp or the smok Sid

Everyone else will suggest the provari but they Cost quite a bit so if yu have the cash id suggest that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I am really enjoying my vision spinner. got mine from altsmoke.com
1300 mah. getting ready to buy another one.
i have had better luck with 2.5ohm clearos as far as not burning. I don't know why.
I found the 1.8's on my small tanks are ok.
but for my 2ml tanks and up i like 2.5
couldn't explain it though, it's just been trial and error.

my happiest juice purchases is from high desert vapes and that is because i havn't found one i don't like yet.
and they are pretty cheap. especially like now all juice is 40% off.
I prefer 70/30 for the throat hit
but have noticed that 50/50 gives more vape.

i do know there is a chart flowing around that will help you find your sweet spots..
just google ecig ohm chart. it comes up (i have it saved as my desktop back ground lol)

The Blue Max

Oct 4, 2013
Alexandria, VA
Ok so I have the Ego-T 900 mah battery with a Kanger Evod tank. Is the Pro Tank 2 that much better? Do the Variable voltage batteries make for a better hit? I will get some sort of battery for a back up. A question on Ohms. I understand the higher the number it will be lower voltage and a cooler burn. I have heard one person say the lower the resistance the more burnt it tastes and I have also heard the opposite, which is true? On the issue of E juice, I hear them talking about PG/VG 80/20 mixes and such will someone please explain? When Ordering from vendors can you specify your viscosity? Also I have so far had three different flavors. I have a bottle of Dr. Pepper I like it a lot. Also I have some Raspberry which I like(prefer the Dr Pepper). Suggest a flavor and vendor for a first Lg bottle purchase. Currently I am using the 24 mg strength but I think I will step it down when I buy as I get the nicotine flavor in my mouth bad after just a short while. Sorry for all the questions, but it is all so confusing. Thank you all for any input.

The EVOD is a great starter tank. The only downside to plastic tanks is that some juices may cause them to erode or crack. The Protank 2 and Mini Protanks are made of pyrex which will not crack...unless you drop them.

The VV batteries will allow you to adjust the voltage to match the resistance ohms on your atomizer coils. It also allows you to adjust the warmth of your vape. Too high though and you'll get a burnt taste. If you have a lower resistance you need to use lower voltage.

PG/VG is the ratio of propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin. Higher levels of nicotine and PG usually allow for a better throat hit. Juices that are higher in VG are thicker and cause bigger vape clouds. It usually boils down to personal preference.

Check out Mount Baker Vapor. They have a wide range of flavors and are relatively cheap, so if you don't like something you won't have spent too much on a bottle.

The Blue Max

Oct 4, 2013
Alexandria, VA
I am really enjoying my vision spinner. got mine from altsmoke.com
1300 mah. getting ready to buy another one.
i have had better luck with 2.5ohm clearos as far as not burning. I don't know why.
I found the 1.8's on my small tanks are ok.
but for my 2ml tanks and up i like 2.5
couldn't explain it though, it's just been trial and error.

my happiest juice purchases is from high desert vapes and that is because i havn't found one i don't like yet.
and they are pretty cheap. especially like now all juice is 40% off.
I prefer 70/30 for the throat hit
but have noticed that 50/50 gives more vape.

i do know there is a chart flowing around that will help you find your sweet spots..
just google ecig ohm chart. it comes up (i have it saved as my desktop back ground lol)

I believe these are the droids you are looking for.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/476169-3-2v-vs-4-8v.html#post10882317

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
Ok so I have the Ego-T 900 mah battery with a Kanger Evod tank. Is the Pro Tank 2 that much better?

Some liquid flavors can destroy plastic tanks, like the evods. A pyrex tank would be a good investment. Search for tank crackers on the forum for a better idea of which flavors require glass.

Do the Variable voltage batteries make for a better hit? I will get some sort of battery for a back up.

Yes, and no. Yes, you have the potential for a perfect hit. You also have the potential for a terrible hit. That's the point. You can find the best settings for your tastes.

A question on Ohms. I understand the higher the number it will be lower voltage and a cooler burn. I have heard one person say the lower the resistance the more burnt it tastes and I have also heard the opposite, which is true?

A coil in an atomizer gains its resistance from wire gauge and number of wraps on the coil. A lower resistance will have fewer wraps, and a higher resistance will have more. The more coil surface you have, the less heat it requires to vaporize your liquid. Fewer coils have to burn hotter. Higher resistance will vape cooler than low res at the same voltage. That said, you'll probably want to up the voltage on higher resistances.

On the issue of E juice, I hear them talking about PG/VG 80/20 mixes and such will someone please explain? When Ordering from vendors can you specify your viscosity? Also I have so far had three different flavors. I have a bottle of Dr. Pepper I like it a lot. Also I have some Raspberry which I like(prefer the Dr Pepper). Suggest a flavor and vendor for a first Lg bottle purchase. Currently I am using the 24 mg strength but I think I will step it down when I buy as I get the nicotine flavor in my mouth bad after just a short while. Sorry for all the questions, but it is all so confusing. Thank you all for any input.

Propylene Glycol (PG) produces less vapor and more throat hit. Vegetable Glycerine (VG) produces more vapor and less throat hit. Many vendors will allow you to specify the mix you prefer. If you're having an issue with the nicotine level you're at, you might want to try the same level in a high VG liquid. It may be the PG that is bothering you.

I second the Mount Baker Vapor suggestion. They are inexpensive, so you can try lots of flavors, and they allow some PG/VG ratio customization. As for a flavor suggestion. A lot of people, including myself, will tell you to taste Boba's Bounty, from avejuice.com . Happy vaping.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
The protank 2 is a nice beginners tank, decent vape production. If I was starting at the beginning I'd pickup a Aspire Vivi Nova BDC Tank, or the mini version. they are like $10-$9, and by all reviews are an awesome vape. Twin bottom coils and inexpensive.

Generally speaking, the lower the ohms the more watts the coil puts out, the better the vape. For an ego style battery, I'd stick around the 1.8-2.0 ohm range. You have a set voltage and I preferred the 1.8 when I used an ego.

juices. I found that juices of the higher PG %'s gave a harsher and harder hit. 50/50 seams to be the most requested, but with most quality vendors you can select your %'s and nic level. MBV is fast and inexpensive and have a large range of flavors. I am mixing at 80% VG now, and really liking it. Nice juicy vape and great flavor. I found that Alien Vapor has great flavors on their juice, a bit more expensive than MBV but they have my favorites and is worth the vape. I've recently started DIY juice, and am very satisfied with the flavors and vape that I'm mixing. Also get to customize VG nic and amount of flavor to my personal tastes.

Stick with the devise you have, try a different tank or two. Once you get your juice and atomizer dialed in, then you might want to do some research for a better device, maybe a VV or VW pvd will be in your future. Welcome to the forum and good luck on your quest for Vapeness. lol

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You asked a lot of questions, and I'll try to answer most of them.

The different clearomizers have minor differences in how they are built and the differences between each one will be minimal. Clearomizers in general will mute some flavors. The clearos that are top coiled also have their string wicks located at the top of the tanks, and will need frequent tipping or swirling of the tanks to keep the strings wet to prevent dry hits. The bottom coil/bottom wicked clearos have gravity in their favor, so this is not required.

The Vivi Nova and iClear 16 & 30 are top coiled, so they might provide a warmer vape and as they are filled from the top are easier to fill. the Evod and Protanks are bottom coiled, so they might provide a cooler vape and they are filled from the bottom. This requires that they be removed from the battery and turned upside down to fill.

The iClear 16 & 30 are dual coiled, meaning they have two heating coils, which may allow them to make more vapor and throat hit.

The Evod and iClear 16 are strictly ego threaded, so to use on a 510 battery device (like most mods are), they will need an adaptor to use them.
_____

Concerning coil resistance (ohms), lower numbers means a warmer vape (hotter coil). Higher numbers mean a cooler vape. That's all you need to know at this point.
_____

A single/fixed voltage battery will perform best at its fullest charge; after that its all down hill as the battery becomes drained during use. Vapor will gradually decrease as the charge weakens.

Variable voltage is regulated voltage by a mini-computer. You set the desired voltage, and the computer makes adjustments to keep the voltage to the coil to stay the same despite the battery losing its voltage as you vape. You can also adjust the voltage for a "stronger" hit by increasing the voltage. You can adjust the voltage higher or lower depending upon each individual flavor you use (they all have their "sweet spot" voltage where their flavor is best). All of this regulation takes a slightly higher toll on the battery if you use higher voltage.
_____

I've written a series of 10 blog articles that you should save for future reference reading. E-Cigarette Forum - Baditude - Blogs

For your future battery device, I recommend one of the following. Both have variable voltage. Both are small and pocket-friendly for both home and out-of-the-house use. One is tube shaped and the other box shaped. Both are extremely popular for novice, intermediate, and advanced vapors.

Innokin iTaste MVP

Vision Spinner ego battery

Sucker_dad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
topeka, ks, USA
Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. I like the pen style like the Ego. I am surprised at how affordable the spinner is. As far as the PG/VG mix I am not sure what the mix is as the printing is so damn small or my eyes are getting so damn bad. I think it says 75% glycerol on the bottom of the list. I won't swear to that though. Unfortunately we only have one supplier in my town. They have a very limited product line. Very few tanks, very few flavor choices. My brother needed to get some wicks for his setup and she doesn't stock any of those. So The internet is where I'll be getting most of my products. I have seen a few others mention the Boba's Bounty before, I may try it sometime. I am not sure I want to go with a tobacco flavor. I did go to the Mt Baker website those are crazy cheap prices.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Welcome to the Forum. Great questions and good posts above. Suggest you look at and consider the iTaste 3.0. It's an ego form factor type battery, but is also a full featured APV, with Ohm meter, variable voltage and wattage, an LED display, +/- buttons, usb charging, even a puff counter. About $10 more per battery, but they are best stick battery on the market, imho, at this time.

I used evods for a long time and loved them. I also think the Protank II is the best clearo on the market, imho, at this time, as well. I was able to use an airflow controllers with the Protank to really dial in the vape. Between variable voltage/wattage and an air flow controller, you can find the sweet spot/best vape on most juices really well. On juices, sampler packs is the way to go until you find what you like. MyFreedomSmokes has some good ones. Good luck and best to you!

pianman6954

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
United States
The idea here is custom setups to match your needs. Wether the spinner is a good choice depends on your habits, I chain vape on lunches and breaks so not enough battery for me personally on higher voltages. The EVOD and Protank both perform pretty well to me at low resistances on unregulated voltages. Everyone will have a sweet spot, the right amount of vapor, flavor, and throat hit. Variable voltage mods have one distinct advantage though, having a boosted regulated voltage will give you pretty consistant performance from start to finish.

Vcoyote

Oct 7, 2013
around ATL usa
I haven't been at this as long as some of the other posters here, but here are a few things I've learned:

Different juices seem to give the fullest flavor at different temperatures so having a variable voltage battery is important if you are experimenting with a variety of juices. They allow you to adjust to get the best vape from each juice and atomizer.

Also seems to me that as clearos get older they need more voltage to give the same hit.

I started out with a fixed voltage ego too and only use it now as a back up. Use an mvp (v1) as my first choice at home and a 900 mAh twist or 1300 mAh spinner I use when I'm out

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread