The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

ok, picked up a tube of Noalox, now what?

Discussion in 'Puresmoker' started by heateris, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. heateris

heateris Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2012
    SEPA
    I plan on completely disassembling my Legacy for a good cleaning. Where do i apply the Noalox? The threads on both ends of the tube? On the threads of the top and bottom contact screws? I also read to apply it to the hex shaft on the switch. Does that mean the outside of the shaft? Like the part I can see from the side when the switch is unlocked?

thanks everyone.

2. hazozita

hazozita Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    I apply it to the top cap and bottom cap threads and the threads of the bottom contact screw. I apply it sparingly to the hex shaft (disassemble and apply it to the shaft), but it does need to be cleaned off and reapplied every so often or it gets gummy and I don’t care for how it affects the switch action. I also apply it on the threads for the extension tube.

3. heateris

Sep 18, 2012
    SEPA
    ok, i finally had a few minutes to to disassemble, clean, polish/wax, and Noalox my Legacy. man, i didn't realize how poorly it performs while dirty. Hits harder then before and the switch action is sweet and smooth with a little Noalox on the hex shaft.

Now i now that mech work much better when clean!

4. heateris

Sep 18, 2012
    SEPA
    UPDATE - this might be placebo effect, but I swear my batteries are lasting longer after I cleaned my Legacy.?!???!,!!?.

5. hazozita

hazozita Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    Cleaning makes a huge difference in performance – voltage drop under load can markedly decline when the Legacy (or any mech) is nice and clean and Noalox’d (or Ox-Gard -- I'm using that more than Noalox these days). Plus, as you noted, it just feels better in action!

Don’t forget about cleaning the contacts as well – q-tip and some isopropyl alcohol.

As to the battery lasting longer, it may be due to the fact that with better conductivity, you're not noticing the voltage drop-off as soon as you did pre-cleaning. With a clean Legacy, I can get a decent (not great but decent) vape with a charge as low as 3.4v. With a dirty Legacy, I feel the need to swap out the battery once it gets below 3.8v.

6. heateris

Sep 18, 2012
    SEPA
    Aggreed! I checked my battery voltage when I started to notice a decline in vape quality and it was at 3.5v.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.