Ok pros - save me some time and money

Status
Not open for further replies.

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
I just got back into vaping again (three weeks now) and no smoking. At all. I haven't done it this way before. My plan was always to do both and then slowly change over to vaping. That never worked. So I ran over the last pack of sticks I had with my truck a couple of weeks ago and I'm holding strong! But I need some help.

I love eGo batteries. They just work for me. The size and shape are right, and I just like them. I also like the Aspire ETs cartos. Here's my problem.

Since I started vaping again, full time at that, I'm having a difficult time getting the proper TH. I want to get the strongest TH possible using standard eGo batteries with the Aspire cartos. I also prefer 75% VG mixes at 18mg I HAVE to have the cloud. I could go 24mg, but I'd rather stick with 18 because I'm finding that I'm vaping way more than I used to smoke. I don't want to put a higher volume of nic in my body and make myself more addicted. LOL. There are MANY variables involved with this I know, but here's what I know I can control...

Coil ohms - what's the lowest that I can go with a regular eGo? (3.8v battery - right? So 1.8?)
Coil types - BVC vs. BDC. Which one, in general, is going to help me here? Or does this matter?

I can experiment with buying different types of this and that and just moving forward, but I thought some of the vets would have some advice that might save me some time and money. Appreciated, as usual. Thank you for your support.

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
I may have to go that route eventually, and thanks for the suggestion. However, I have a lot of standard eGos already and was hoping to at least be able to utilize them until they are replaced. Plus I'm cheap. LOL. But, if that's what I have to do, I'll do it. But I think I might be able to squeeze a good TH out of these standards if I can get the right combo.

I have used both BVC and BDC and can't really notice a whole lot of difference. That's why I asked. Thanks for your opinion!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Coil ohms - what's the lowest that I can go with a regular eGo? (3.8v battery - right? So 1.8?)

Are you talking about classic eGos? Non vv? If so, they are regulated at ~3.3-3.4v. I wouldn't use anything lower than 1Ω as that will kill them. Don't ask. :facepalm:

There are many other eGo-class batteries, so I want to be sure that I give you correct information. Some of those (like Rivas and mini eGos) are unregulated and output 3.7v (they start at 4.2v fresh off the charger, then slowly go down to 3.2 or so where they cut off).

Coil types - BVC vs. BDC. Which one, in general, is going to help me here? Or does this matter?

Try both. Generally, dual coil atties tend to produce a bit more vapor due to the increased surface area, but they also come in lower resistances and they require more voltage than an eGo is capable of. Make sure you stay above 1Ω. For classic eGos, a single coil atty, moderate resistance (~1.2-1.5Ω), is preferable.

Good luck.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Damn Mose... 2 weeks! You're almost there!

Nicotine, PG and Power give you throat hit. If you need to stay on 24mg juice then do so. THIS IS CRITICAL. Most people relapse because they aren't getting enough nic. Those big-azz vapor molecules don't absorb into the lungs as efficiently as all those cleverly crafted chemicals in smokes. (I actually started on 36mg). That's why you vape more than when you smoked. I wouldn't worry about cutting back on the nic right now. PG is also key to throat hit. If you need the VG for clouds, you're going to have to find an acceptable balance.

And good advice above. I'd seriously dump the egos for something that's regulated. The higher wattage will help you get that throat hit.

Good luck!

Reactions: Eskie

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
Thanks everyone! I forgot to add that I do have a MVP 2.0 (I know - it's an older model) and I can get what I need from that. LOL. But I need something to carry around with me all day. The MVP is not it. I like the eGos.

Yes, I have the non-vv eGos. I'll try the BDC with my juices and see what happens. I'm using a BVC with the Aspires right now and it's not quite there. It's ok, but I need a bit more. This is with 75%VG 18mg. I also realize that flavors might play a role in TH too, but so many variables.....ahhhh. I'll figure it out. Thanks again.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
KODIAK is really on point about the PG if you're looking for that throat hit. Even going to a 50/50 juice might help, and still leave enough VG for your cloud. It will also be a bit easier to vape with a lower power eGo type battery. But if you really want a subohm big cloud, getting something with more power will really help.

I'm a real MTL vaper, and really don't even want the cloud, so for me a vape pen worked out well (actually, it was a cig-a-like that first got me to stop before stepping up to a vape pen). Even now with a 50W mod, I'm only using 7.5W and getting a nice TH. I'm also still on a 24 mg juice, so there's that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread