OK, so I changed my mind! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
My original PV is a DSE801 which I still use daily. It's a fog machine with the 4-hole attys from EM and I love lots of vapor. But... being curious I thought I would try out a M401.

I hated it. :( It was wimpy. Hard draw, little vapor, puny atty. Felt kinda weird in my mouth. What to do? Give it away? Throw it in a drawer?

Not having a ton of money and having spent WAY too much already I decided to order an E-dobit for dipping. That should solve the problem of dripping onto the atty and topping off the cart... 1 drop at a time (pain in the ....). I took an empty whistle tip from my 801 and stuck it on the 401. Looks funky, but hey it works, and has better mouth feel. So now I'm getting happier... Added nHaler HV juice and now I'm getting easier draw, more taste and more vapor. Not so unhappy anymore.. hehehe... :pI think I like it!

VR59

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Arizona
My original PV is a DSE801 which I still use daily. It's a fog machine with the 4-hole attys from EM and I love lots of vapor. But... being curious I thought I would try out a M401.

I hated it. :( It was wimpy. Hard draw, little vapor, puny atty. Felt kinda weird in my mouth. What to do? Give it away? Throw it in a drawer?

Not having a ton of money and having spent WAY too much already I decided to order an E-dobit for dipping. That should solve the problem of dripping onto the atty and topping off the cart... 1 drop at a time (pain in the ....). I took an empty whistle tip from my 801 and stuck it on the 401. Looks funky, but hey it works, and has better mouth feel. So now I'm getting happier... Added nHaler HV juice and now I'm getting easier draw, more taste and more vapor. Not so unhappy anymore.. hehehe... :pI think I like it!

This is the second post I just read where it's gotten me to thinking about the 401, hmmm. I started with the 801 too, (though at 5v), and just yesterday got a 510. Was having a little gurgling issue and someone said I should try the M401 and dip. Yep, will have to research all this some more but I had to laugh - as you said I've already invested WAY too much into what I have now, hehe.

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
I kinda started backwards from most. Opted for the biggest model first. Then stepped down to a smaller unit. Yup, that's backwards. Well, since there really is no comparison, no wonder I had some trouble. But dang it, the 401 with a whistle tip feels so much like the 120's I used to smoke. Light and easy to hold. It will definitely be my going-out/driving unit now.

The whistle tip suggestion I found on the KR808D-1 forum and darn if it doesn't work like a charm. Also keeps juice out of my mouth if I get carried away dripping. And juice with with a little VG naturally gives better vapor too.

The E-dobit I ordered rather than mess with contact lens cases and stuff. Will let you guys know how that works out.

I just HAD to try a 2-piece unit so ordered a VK PT with 5 cartos today. Will get that next week. Plus one order from Heaven Gifts today. Somebody stop me! I need help...:D

VR59

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Arizona
Ha, sounds a familiar story bluesuede :) I seem to have given up analogs about the same time you did, only a month and wow, I too already have a stockpile! Besides being just a wonderful replacement for smoking, no one warned me it would morph into a fun pseudo hobby too!
It's so tempting to try some other methods, but this weekend I got my 510 attys for my prodigy and I have to say, I really prefer the 801 at the higher voltage. Also tried the 801 at 6V vs 5, and I do seem to like the 5V better, unless I really want a good hit. Will have to try the 510 again later this week when I'll be able to step down the voltages a bit on my prodigy.

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
This is the second post I just read where it's gotten me to thinking about the 401, hmmm. I started with the 801 too, (though at 5v), and just yesterday got a 510. Was having a little gurgling issue and someone said I should try the M401 and dip. Yep, will have to research all this some more but I had to laugh - as you said I've already invested WAY too much into what I have now, hehe.

Let me 2nd what was already mentioned about the 306 atomizer. Since you already have the 510 just pick up an atomizer with you next juice order. Elctronicstix.com is a great supplier that carries the 306 atties and has good quality juice also Rocky Mountain Vapor has good prices on bulk liquid and a good price on the 306 atty. Its a cheap way to try dipping if you already own the 510 and even if it doesn't win you over plenty of people use it as a 'taster' atomizer to compliment their 510s.

For the OP, put it on the classifieds. Lots of people like the 401 and you can get some of your money back or maybe work a trade. Personally, I would toy around with it. I have found that my initial reactions to some gear changes over time once I figure out how it works best. Either way, I hope you didn't pay too much for it. It blows when you find out a new toy isn't what you expected.

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Oh yeah, great new hobby! :D Going with a mod is probably the next step for me. I have to slow down some though. Spending as much as smoking.. hehe

Yeah, I remember when I thought PVs were going to save me money. Good times. The good news is that after 5 or 6 months I finely figured out my ideal set up and now this time for sure I can just get by with just keeping my supplies of atomizers and liquid up to date. Yep, this time for sure.

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Gatsby, I'm gonna play with it some more. It's OK with a soft whistle tip from my 801. It'll probably be even better when I get the E-dobit. No mess, no fuss...

I would also really recommend giving dipping a try. Dipping and exposed atomizers let me embrace PVs over all. I do like my 401s too I mostly recommend 306s to people who already have 510 gear or want to use exposed atomizers on big bat styles.

VR59

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Arizona
Yeah, I remember when I thought PVs were going to save me money. Good times. The good news is that after 5 or 6 months I finely figured out my ideal set up and now this time for sure I can just get by with just keeping my supplies of atomizers and liquid up to date. Yep, this time for sure.

Ha ha, too funny!! So, you are saying the 306 fits on 510 gear? Let me rephrase that, if I have a Prodigy adapter for the 510, will the 306 fit on that? Hmmmm, darn, yet another option :D

What voltage might anyone recommended should I go this route?

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
I took an empty whistle tip from my 801 and stuck it on the 401. Looks funky, but hey it works, and has better mouth feel.

So the 801 cart fits on the m401?

I've tried searching the forums for any info on a cart that would replace the 401 cart (which I can't stand) but haven't found anything. Can you use it as a total cart replacement, ie with the filler in and everything? Or is it only good to use empty for dipping/dripping?

Man, if I could find a larger whistle tip car for my 4xx series stuff I'd be ecstatic.

:::EDIT:::
well dur. I just went and looked at some pics of the 801 cart by itself and I guess it wouldn't work. Man, that thing is long and almost 1mm bigger in diameter.

Last edited:

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Ha ha, too funny!! So, you are saying the 306 fits on 510 gear? Let me rephrase that, if I have a Prodigy adapter for the 510, will the 306 fit on that? Hmmmm, darn, yet another option :D

What voltage might anyone recommended should I go this route?

Yep, I use 306s on both a Protege and a SuperT with 510 adaptors (the 510 batteries will work too obviously). I like dipping and the reason I use 306s more than 401s now is because they fit on the big battery models. I have only used them at 3.7v because its what I like. I have heard that they will get too hot at higher voltages, but I can't confirm that personally. I did use 401s on PTs and they held up at 5v (I do remember them getting pretty hot though) so I would guess the 306 could handle a Prodigy.

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
So the 801 cart fits on the m401?

I've tried searching the forums for any info on a cart that would replace the 401 cart (which I can't stand) but haven't found anything. Can you use it as a total cart replacement, ie with the filler in and everything? Or is it only good to use empty for dipping/dripping?

Man, if I could find a larger whistle tip car for my 4xx series stuff I'd be ecstatic.

:::EDIT:::
well dur. I just went and looked at some pics of the 801 cart by itself and I guess it wouldn't work. Man, that thing is long and almost 1mm bigger in diameter.

The *empty* 801 whistle tips fit over the 401 mouth piece. You'd still be using the actual 401 cart. So you wouldn't be dripping, just changing the mouth feel and the draw. Looks OK if the 401 is black but a little funky if it's a white/brown unit. I have both white and black and I don't care if it looks weird. I like the soft tip better. Tried it on my Vapor King but it wouldn't fit. Think I need a 901 tip for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread