Ok so I made a 30 ml bottle with VZ SC Gourmet Peach. Funny taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennebarton

Dec 28, 2014
Illinois, USA
So I made a 30 ml batch with the VZ SC Gourmet Peach. I did 15 ml of VG, 13 ml of PG, 2 ml of 100 mcg strength nic(100% PG). So I made a 50/50 solution as far as pg and vg are concerned. The bottle recommends 1-2% for the flavoring, so I put 16 drops of flavoring in. I vaped straight away after a little shaking. Flavor is low taste with perfume undertones. I am assuming this flavor obviously needs steeping. I smell peaches but taste none. So steeping, how long for this particular flavor. I have done 3 warm water baths and vigorous shaking. Now I am going to let them breathe for a few hours and then will put up in a wood box that I have. Anyone else make DIY with this flavor, any issues. New to DIY so hopefully someone can shed some light and put my hopes back up.

Thanks.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Plus, I'd measure the flavoring in mls, so you know more accurately what percentage you are AT.
16 drops doesn't tell me whether you're under 1% or over 2%, which with this concentrated a flavoring is important!

(At least to get the recipe - if you get it perfect AND know how many drops, then I guess it's OK to measure in drops in the future...)

Kennebarton

Dec 28, 2014
Illinois, USA
well this is the super concentrate of vaping zone.these forums have confirmed that 1-2% is the actual amount for flavoring. And 2% of 30ml is .6 ml. 20 drips to a ml would be like 12 drops. So i think my flavoring is pretty normal for this flavor. Considering that this is vp's most liked flavor i was hoping that someone here as used this flavor and can give first-hand advice.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
VZ super and gormet flavorings from what I've read are super strong so the advice of maybe starting at half a percent to 1% sound right. So maybe try diluting the mix by half then let it steep a few days. I know way back when I used the super concentrate and couldn't go above 1%.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Plus, I'd measure the flavoring in mls, so you know more accurately what percentage you are AT.
16 drops doesn't tell me whether you're under 1% or over 2%, which with this concentrated a flavoring is important!

(At least to get the recipe - if you get it perfect AND know how many drops, then I guess it's OK to measure in drops in the future...)

Also very good advice. Drops are very inaccurate when dealing with such a small percentage. A 1ml syringe and measuring by ML is far more accurate. Also I would make 5- 10ml test batches and not 30ml batches.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
2% in a 30ml is hardly and flavoring at all, it is like .4 ml. I wonder if you are tasting the nicotine. I run 15 to 20% flavoring in most of mine. But I also do not use that brand of flavoring.

What you have to relize is that the OP is using super concentrates which are far more potent then your average flavoring so 1% is right on target with these flavorings.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
well this is the super concentrate of vaping zone.these forums have confirmed that 1-2% is the actual amount for flavoring. And 2% of 30ml is .6 ml. 20 drips to a ml would be like 12 drops. So i think my flavoring is pretty normal for this flavor. Considering that this is vp's most liked flavor i was hoping that someone here as used this flavor and can give first-hand advice.

realize that droppers have different size openings and not all droppers are the same. Some needle point droppers with small openings gave 40 - 60 drops per ML while larger ball top (Rounded tip) droppers gave 20 - 35 drops to a ml. If you have a 1ml syringe take the plunger out and count the drops it takes to fill the syringe to the 1ml mark (do this several times). This way you at least have an idea of the size dropper your using. I remember back in the old days when I used drops I found with the rounded tip dropper 1 drop of flavoring to 5 ml base equaled 1%.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I may be wrong here, but I thought Russian Bakers, or the VC SC line was supposed to work at such low percentages as one drop per 30 mL. That may seem insane to some, but as I often say, try Perique Black from FA to see just how strong some flavors can be. Granted, some of this may just be either a wrong-for-you flavor or even one that is truly perfume-like, but I would recommend making a another batch of unflavored and either mixing the one you have with that one or make small 5 mL batches and try by adding your mix in to that -- but by the drop.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
seriously? no one had Intel on this flavor?

I think that I replied to you before that I have tried many of the SC Gourmet line from VZ with awesome results. I have not tried the peach but have never gone above 2% for great flavor. Fact is that many of them only take .50% for many of them to taste great to me.

Now, I did order most of mine direct from Russia and not from VZ. Some vendors such as VZ get larger bottles and re bottle in to smaller bottles. I have often wondered in cases like this if the big bottle was shaken well before re bottling, etc. May have nothing at all to do with it but they are not the only vendor that I have tried re bottled from that was weaker than what I get direct.

Let it steep a few days and see what you get IMO and good luck.

ETA- I have also purchased the flavors from VZ with no issues at all.

Here is a thread that you could search for more info on the peach. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...408-vaping-zone-concentrated-diy-flavors.html

One more thing, I am pretty sure that the drops from the VZ bottles take 40 drops to equal 1 ml

Last edited:

Kennebarton

Dec 28, 2014
Illinois, USA
My measuring was wrong. I did make it too strong. ..... was driving me crazy.... lol face palm. My step daughter has diabetes and she had some really small syringes that had 3/10 ml capacity so I was able to accurately measure the correct amount. The straight to :vapor: taste was pretty good, a little perfumey but I know steeping and breathing should clear that up. Overall good taste so far. Now I need to figure out how to dilute the other batches. May just dump them the money lost is pretty minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread