OK, so I tried this sub-ohm dual coil thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMatt986

Jul 25, 2013
Germany
...and all I can say is WOW!!!!

Ok, I know this is nothing new for the more experienced owners here... This is for the newbies like myself.

I was really happy with how the Ithaka vapes with a single coil but since I was due for a rebuild I thought I would give duals a shot...

I only have 1.7 and 1.5 ready wires from e-smokeguru but I figured, since I have these high current AW's I'll simply give it a shot. I made crossed coils since that seems to be the preference. It only took me about 2 minutes longer than usual to rebuild. the two 1.7Ohm coils put me at a measured 0.9 Ohm.

Being a cautious person, I though I would try it on my eVic first... (insert buzzer sound here)... it measured the ohms but refused to fire.... complained about a short... Now I know why its good to have a mechanical mod :)

I did an initial fire with a battery that was down to 3.6v and it was amazing. I popped in a fresh one and noticed a very slight burned taste. I opened up the air control all the way and took shorter, harder "hits"... That did the trick.

...now I understand the hype :oops:;)

If you are hesitant to try dual coils then stop beating around the bush. Get yourself some good batteries and a mechanical mod (if you don't have one) and give it a shot!

MadMatt986

Jul 25, 2013
Germany
Keep on Vaping and Greetings from Germany:toast:

Danke und ebenfalls grüße zurück :)

BTW... I have a "Son of Hibachi" too... They are great! :toast:

I have some Flat here that is too thick to use with single coils... That is the next thing I will try :)

One thing that seems a bit weird... now this may just be my imagination... but it seams the AW 18350 I have been vaping on this morning really likes the low Ohms... It has only dropped 0.2 volts (from 4.19v)... normally it would have dropped to 3.5 in the same time frame. Maybe it is just that I am not hitting it as often. We will see.

Last edited:

c8h10n4o2x2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
NW Florida
www.flickr.com
Ok, Mad was the guinea pig and liked it I figured I would give it a try. My first set up was a bust, Ohm'ed out about 1 ohm but did not have the juice control open so it tasted burnt. Tried again smaller NR wires, this time around .5 Ohms. Now I have been vaping on this two days now. My usual inhale is any where from 10-15 sec or longer but with this set up it is around 5 sec before it gets to hot and it produces the same amount of vapor and the flavor is back. I will have to try ribbon wire next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread