OK...You all talked me into it :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackAnvil

Feb 24, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Allright everyone....I started vaping on a whim after purchasing a Blu disposable last week. After a day or so I went and got a Cig20 starter kit, and already want something a bit more substantial.
After reading a lot on this forum and researching online, I think I found something which seems like it will work for me.

eGo-C w/ Vision eGo Clearomizer Starter Kit

Before taking the plunge and pulling the trigger on this, I'm checking with you more experienced vapers to get feedback.
I'm wondering if a set up the same or similar to this is available for less money.
Is there something better than this for around the same price?
Is this particular dealer reputable? Good customer service/shipping times?

I suspect that these questions of mine have likely been answered in the forums previously, but as a newbie to this site and vaping who is a bit bewildered by the massive amount of info and recommendations out there........It seemed a bit easier to simply ask straight up
I also live in Portland, Oregon and am open to buy a used model from someone who has upgraded if possible...

Thanks for any responses as I know they will most assuredly aid in making an educated purchase.
Take care
Black Anvil

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
Hey BlackAnvil !

Congrats on your choice to move up....I think you will find it much more satisfing !

That looks like a very good kit. I started with 650mah batteries- Shortly thereafter got 1000s and a 1100mah Twist.
I like the bigger battery- not so big that you cant carry it in a pants pocket.

Rocking the same setup right now...with some Huckleberry juice- Yum !

Also- The company is good- but looks like they are sold out now. :(
Find one...you will be happy !

Best to You !

BlackAnvil

Feb 24, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Hey all, thanks for the responses popping up so quickly :)

I also found this https://www............/shopping/products/64-E-Cigarette-CE4/453-E-Cigarette-CE4/

The low price raises an eyebrow, but is tempting given my current 'Nillionaire' status :) It appears to be a knockoff/copy, but something which can be improved upon with better parts as the old ones wear out???

Cheap facsimile or not, at this point in time just about anything will be an improvement over a cig20

Last edited:

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
Hey all, thanks for the responses popping up so quickly :)

I also found this https://www............/shopping/products/64-E-Cigarette-CE4/453-E-Cigarette-CE4/

The low price raises an eyebrow, but is tempting given my current 'Nillionaire' status :) It appears to be a knockoff/copy, but something which can be improved upon with better parts as the old ones wear out???

Cheap facsimile or not, at this point in time just about anything will be an improvement over a cig20

Not a Valid Link....
and would be concerened with 'shopping' in the link anyways.

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
here is a good deal on an ego twit with combo options, Ego Twist 1100 mAh + Combo Pack Option.
they also have a 650 mah version and some other good deals. if u want my honest advise, and u were willing to pay $65 for that first starter kit u listed, id go ahead and buy u a vv mod kit that uses li-ion batteries, u could get a nice one for that price. ill look around for a deal and post it here

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
I started with the cig2o also. Not bad, but battery life flat out sucks and the carts die quickly too.

I can't offer ANY advice on the devices you're looking at, I skipped over those and went big. Just wanted to tell you that there are mich better vaping devices out there than the cig2o's and Blu's you've seen so far. Good luck and I hope you find what works for you to keep you from smoking.

BlackAnvil

Feb 24, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Once again, the responses are much appreciated! I'm definitely going to get something in the Ego 'family' of vaping devices...It's just the selection and variety of features is a lot to wrap one's head around.
What I really would like is a retail supplier here in town so that I can show up to handle the different models and have a salesperson there to answer questions. Pics on a computer screen aren't nearly as good I think.
Anyone know of such a place in/near Portland, Oregon?
As for flavors, I'm sticking with regular tobacco for now, but am hoping there's a good hardwood smoked beef jerky flavor out there, but will likely have better luck finding a pineapple or pina colada.

Hiding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I too think starting with a VV is a good idea.

A little insight on all the Sold Outs, from the local shop I went to, it seems that China shuts down for 10 days during the Chinese New Year. Which just ended about a week ago, so everyone should be getting stocked up again relatively soon.
I know the shop I was at had said their supplies were in transit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread