The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Okay I give up. What is a drip tip?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Mickyvap, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mickyvap

Mickyvap Full Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Syracuse, NY
    I keep seeing these in the online stores but what are they?

2. cyberwolf

cyberwolf Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2009
    Coral Springs, FL
    They are nothing more than a hollow tip that you put on your atomizer in place of a cartridge. They just make it easier to drip directly on the atomizer without removing the cartridge. A lot of vapers prefer dripping to get the best hit rather than relying on the cartridge to deliver the juice. Oh, and welcome to the ECF!

3. Mickyvap

Mickyvap Full Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Syracuse, NY
    Thank you. Do you have a link on dripping?

4. cyberwolf

cyberwolf Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2009
    Coral Springs, FL
    Don offers some explanation on Vaping Guides. A simple explanation is that dripping allows you to put enough liquid on the atomizer for a great vape, but it will only last for a few drags, making the addition of a few more drops necessary. On a 510 style atomizer, 2-4 drops is pretty typical. You'll need to add more if the atty is dry or you have just blown it out. Too much liquid and you'll get poor performance and perhaps liquid in your mouth.

I use LR atties almost exclusively and have never been able to come up with a cartridge mod that delivers enough liquid to the atomizer, hence the reason for going to all this trouble!

5. sl_rat

sl_rat Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2009
    Western, NY
    do it... you'll like it. just keep a cart for when you drive...

6. Thresh

Thresh Full Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Oregon
    I was wondering the same thing. Now that I see the explanation, and understanding why and how, it seems If I saw someone dripping I would think they were taking a hit of crack :)

Again I get it, it's just the way I envision it in my head makes it seem shady

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.