• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

OKC Vapes, grew up too fast too quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Hey all, I wanted to see what your opinions on this were. I haven't been here in quite a while, I know. But I recently had an experience I thought others should know about. I hadn't been to OKC Vapes in a while due to going to other stores nearer where I live. I liked their peppermint, that nobody else seemed to be able to get close. As most of you know, I've been vaping for quite a long time, longer than most. So I was a huge supporter of their store when they first opened. I wanted something different than what my closer stores could provide, so I got OKC Vapes Snow Day flavor. I use a 6 ml cartotank, that usually lasts me 2 - 2 1/2 days. After purchasing this liquid, I go through a full tank in just 1 day. Seems to me as if they've grown so quick, they're finding a way to minimize costs and maximize profits, and have started thinning their liquids. I've emailed them for confirmation, which I don't think I'll get of course. But I wanted to pass this on, in case others have had a similar experience, or avoid one.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Stephanie personally replied back to me, so that is a positive. Seems that the mixture may be a bit unknown and untested, and may need to be revamped, so hopefully I can assist with that. Might be somebody mixed something up without really knowing the consequences, and made a great tasting vape, but not good for the long haul.

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
I go there occasionally, mostly just to buy hardware and not liquid. I guess I'm just a cheap skate especially since I've gotten into making my own juice. I understand that these B&M's have overhead to cover, but what they have for a markup on juice is ridiculous. A 30ml bottle there goes for around $14.00, I can make my own and the approximate cost is around $3.00! Plus I can tailor my juice to my liking.

Of course it takes a little trial and error to find the right blend, but it's worth it in the long run.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
I'm very new, just a couple of weeks in. I knew next to nothing about vaping, but had read quite a bit here on the forum in the newcomers threads.

I went to their shop and I was very impressed with the friendliness and patience of the people who helped me. They answered all of my many questions, and I did not feel pressured to buy, which I appreciated, since I didn't really know what I was doing.

I did leave with an ego starter kit and 3 bottles of juice. I know it was a little higher price than I could buy online, but it was still cheaper than a couple of cartons of cigarettes. They took time to show me how to use everything also.

I haven't been to any other vape shops to compare, but I would give them an A+ for service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread