Not open for further replies.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
:danger:

I love the way Evods look on my 50 watt DIY EVERCOOL AA mod
I hate the way EVODs vape, the airflow is lacking in every way.
I love Cartomizers on my AA mod I hate the airflow
Out of boredom building with the new too easy tanks and drippers comes a little diamond out the past.. :banana: If you have the supplies its very simple..

This modification is only to be used on a regulated device as it may short if done improperly..

You will need SS Cable or a sized matched spring.
The little blue screwdriver
Optional: Coil welder
Cartomizer gutted for silicon sleeving

TASK: Increase airflow
Works on any bottom coil

2015-10-09.jpg

I use 28ga welded to 30 ga instead of nr/r/nr wire..

Silicon sleeving from gutted Greensmoke cartomizer
z615BfYm5DaNdSziEJXdO3dw7phIfQATXpoFTBPcI_g=w685-h847-no

After you gut the cartomizer theres two sleeves into one, the smaller sleeve is located inside of the long bigger sleeve that smaller sleeve fits the evod coil head hole perfectly.

Make your coil to your desired ohm, put it into your coil head, wick it, leaving the leads long bending the negative. Now slide the silicon sleeve over the leads into the coil head hole.
2015-10-09.jpg

Now take your little blue screwdriver and wrap it with two strands of the SS cable Two strands! Making a tight wound spring..
2015-10-09.jpg

Try to insert the springs end that will make contact with the 510 pin of the now made SS cable spring into itself use tweezers The little piece on the right of the spring in this pic those two strands were bent into the springs hole so it won't catch on the 510 pin..

Now insert it into the coil head hole cut the positve lead close to spring bottom reassemble your evod and you will have the best evod ever.. Comparable to a subtank in airflow if you also enlarge the upper tank airholes..
2015-10-09.jpg

Final Result

This tutorial is not for beginners its a silly awesome mod that is amazing. It will work with the evod rubber grommet but you lose the bigger bore of the silicon sleeve and have to wrap the spring using a fat needle..

It will also work on some cartomizers 510-t specifically.. You can use the fatter silicon sleeve for 510-t and it makes an enormous vapor at 2.4 ohms..

Factory made 510 positive springs would have been the bees knees instead of the pos pin with tiny airhole...

Huge unbelievable clouds with an evod lol:thumbs:

Last edited:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Very interesting. Thank you @Visus. I've only been vaping for about 6 months but have had a good time with my eGrip rba and Squape Clone. Just discovered the beauty of vaping called Evod a few weeks ago. Already have mine modified to the point where it's made me a (Tootle) lung hitter. This will be at the top of my 'to try next' list.

What do you not like about nr-r-nr?

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
"Comparable to a subtank in airflow if you also enlarge the upper tank airholes.."

This statement has me a bit confused. I'm not familiar with the subtank. Are you referring to airholes in the subtank or did you mean the airholes in the Evod base. (Which I've already drilled out to 1/8".)
Yes the airholes in the base ring need enlarging.. 1/8" is great, line them up with the airhole crown openings on the ego 510 when tightening down for best results you can see thru the airholes as you thread it on..
The draw is then comparable to the draw on a subtank. It's slightly tightr but definitely close. If you make a nano micro coil whoa the clouds lol 1mm or less.. A good hack I do is use a carefully dismantled disposable nr-r-nr coil along with this upgrade in an evod and whoa nice clouds, batts last forever on a 2.4-3 ohm coil. Flavor is weakness but yet tasty but whoa cloudy lol..

What do you not like about nr-r-nr?
Supply, I have loads of kanthal and with using a lower gauge it acts as nr-r-nr.

This should be a factory mod upgrade or kit for these tanks it truly changes the experience in huge good way..
If only CE4's didn't have the stand post to the coil head they would be upgradeable:(.. Meh' it works on quite a few bottom coil clearomizers...

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Yes, i'm currently running my Evod Clone with a 1.5 nr-r-nr KGD wick and flavor wick. I've got a 50 pack of 1.8 nr-r-nr on the way. Totally amazed with this little tank. Almost identical performance to my eGrip w/RBA base. LITTLE is the only drawback. I've got 2 T3XL tanks (5ml capacity) ordered and if I can get the same performance from them I'll have no need for anything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Visus

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
Yes, i'm currently running my Evod Clone with a 1.5 nr-r-nr KGD wick and flavor wick. I've got a 50 pack of 1.8 nr-r-nr on the way. Totally amazed with this little tank. Almost identical performance to my eGrip w/RBA base. LITTLE is the only drawback. I've got 2 T3XL tanks (5ml capacity) ordered and if I can get the same performance from them I'll have no need for anything else.
They are great clearomizers and yeah they make it hard to buy anything else because they perform so well, even in stock form not to shabby. Still a little muted on flavor until rebuilt right but yet satisfying either way. If a person has not danced with sub ohm and thick coil rba/rta builds won't not miss a thing. I actually build them for my son, I do enjoy using it but are totally a rda user 99%. I use an evod when doing work in dusty confines as it won't suck up the crap in the air inasomuch as a rda or sub clearomizer with huge side airways...

Hope you enjoy the mod it's totally worth it..

You can find springs the size needed in some clicky pens or a well stocked spring store if one exists lol.. It really opens it up and that made for a great experience for me/everybody who tries it.. I did it to all my evods and my sons, I also do rebuilt cartomizers this way too, makes them awesome. I use the 510-t cartomizers gutted and rebuilt from fasttech after they pop their coils. I also open their ring airhole about an 1/8", let me tell ya they are fantastic... Huge plumes if ya want or nice cloud by vv/vw adjust... It's funny when another vaper assumes because it's a cartomizer sitting on my box mod that it won't and cannot produce vapor like a big rda/rta sub clears-- It billows the sauce very well just bothersome because only takes 4-6 drops.. I use tiny ss mesh hybrid silica wicks on all atomizers..

The 510-t cartomizers are actually my favorite but 4-6 drops gets tiring so they sit more than used.. They are/were for vape shop visits back when they used to let us try e joos with our own gear.. Now they give ya condoms and busted pre filled CE4's and wont let us use our own gear to try different e joos so I stopped going and order and hope from online stores.. All the sample CE4's taste like they mix up, confused on the e joos flavors in what CE4 sometimes and all taste the exact same.. They lost a customer/s to online because of that, I bet I am not alone..

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
They are great clearomizers and yeah they make it hard to buy anything else because they perform so well, even in stock form not to shabby. Still a little muted on flavor until rebuilt right but yet satisfying either way. If a person has not danced with sub ohm and thick coil rba/rta builds won't not miss a thing. I actually build them for my son, I do enjoy using it but are totally a rda user 99%. I use an evod when doing work in dusty confines as it won't suck up the crap in the air inasomuch as a rda or sub clearomizer with huge side airways...

Hope you enjoy the mod it's totally worth it..

You can find springs the size needed in some clicky pens or a well stocked spring store if one exists lol.. It really opens it up and that made for a great experience for me/everybody who tries it.. I did it to all my evods and my sons, I also do rebuilt cartomizers this way too, makes them awesome. I use the 510-t cartomizers gutted and rebuilt from fasttech after they pop their coils. I also open their ring airhole about an 1/8", let me tell ya they are fantastic... Huge plumes if ya want or nice cloud by vv/vw adjust... It's funny when another vaper assumes because it's a cartomizer sitting on my box mod that it won't and cannot produce vapor like a big rda/rta sub clears-- It billows the sauce very well just bothersome because only takes 4-6 drops.. I use tiny ss mesh hybrid silica wicks on all atomizers..

The 510-t cartomizers are actually my favorite but 4-6 drops gets tiring so they sit more than used.. They are/were for vape shop visits back when they used to let us try e joos with our own gear.. Now they give ya condoms and busted pre filled CE4's and wont let us use our own gear to try different e joos so I stopped going and order and hope from online stores.. All the sample CE4's taste like they mix up, confused on the e joos flavors in what CE4 sometimes and all taste the exact same.. They lost a customer/s to online because of that, I bet I am not alone..
Thanks for all the great info!

Reactions: Visus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread