Old Ashtrays - What do you use them for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
Eleanor was saying on the Family Chat thread that she re-purposes her ashtrays because they are nice looking and or have sentimental value. I don't have any old ashtrays, I smoked outside and threw away the tatty thing I was using. Wondering though, what others do with their ashtrays, what they use them for now?

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Well, I'd tell you, but you already know. :D Cheshire_Cat_Emoticon_by_IMCullen.gif

krashnash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
Austin, TX
I like the irony of repurposing the ashtrays for vaping stuff. We have a couple funky vintage 50's - 60's ashtrays that we keep around so there is always a place to set a battery or drop carto condoms into. I have an old heavy glass one that holds cartos until it's time to clean them. They are ever so much prettier without ashes and butts in them! :)

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
Hmm, I find my cartos smell too much to have lying around like that. I keep them in an airtight container. Otherwise, that's a really good idea.
Crossing with the other thread on anti-rolling devices, I use my car ashtray to hold my PV when I'm driving, cos it's in a really convenient place for it.

Because I threw my ashtray away, when smoking friends visit, I offer them a round incense holder to use. Maybe that's another thread altogether.... "What do you give visiting smokers to use as an ashtray?" thread.

Last edited:

krashnash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
Austin, TX
Hmm, I find my cartos smell too much to have lying around like that. I keep them in an airtight container. Otherwise, that's a really good idea.

Good point - this one isn't air-tight, but it is metal and has an inverted cone-like lid with a hole in the center. The cartos roll down the sides into the little hole, and the smell is contained somewhat. :) It was too cool and kitschy not to keep it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread