old goat mods....can someone share expiriences...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mixed opinions on my old goat, tbh. It's a great value, to be sure. I'm a carto man so the bottom feeding turned out to be more hassle than it was worth. The soft touch switch was both good and bad for me. It's easy and comfortable to press, but it had a tendency to get pressed in my pocket. The on/off switch would flip quite easily. I burned quite a few cartos that way.

All in all, my experiences were based on my personal lifestyle. It's well constructed for what it is, and it led me to other things I might not have tried and loved otherwise. So even though my old goat is now for emergencies only, I don't regret buying it for a second :)

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I only use boge cartos on my Old goat bottom feeder.. they don't leak and it's super easy to bottom feed, plus I think it makes a carto last longer than top filling. I fill mine from the top for a day or two and then bottom feed it. My Old Goat works great and the button is very trigger happy.. I just have to be careful to turn it off when I'm not using it. It does tend to leak when using attys. No, it's not perfect but I'm so glad I bought it! :)

also.. I only use the boge 1.7 resurrector from crystalclearvaping. Anything higher in ohms is just not warm enough for my anymore. You can fill a carto, fill the bottle, pop in a fresh battery and you're good for all day. when you squeeze to feed the carto, give a quick suck to suck the juice up into the carto and you're good to go. this is as easy as it gets! (maybe it IS perfect LOL)

It's also easy to drip with a carto to change flavors. I do it all the time when I'm sitting here at the computer. Just drip 3 drips into the catch cup (with the carto attatched) and give a suck and the flavor you just dripped is the one that comes through. I do only use compatible flavors. I always keep waffle in my bottle and everything goes well with waffles.. I am currently dripping tastyfinger, caramel popcorn (all from tastyvapor) and some of my diy chocolate mix.

I also use a vv bottom feeder but I always keep my Old Goat with me cause it is so dependable.

Last edited:

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
I've had one for about 9 months, and have experienced no problems with it. The button should be changed as it can be fired accidentally. The cost of the mod has to be kept in mind - it is very cheap to buy, and performs well for the money. Don't compare it to the more expensive mods such as the REOs, which are great - I have 5 of them - they are not in the same price range and the comparison is unfair.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I agree with the others and they raise valid points to take with, like the sticky button or the easily switched on/off button. Take your battery out before pocketing/pursing for any duration of time, and especially over night. (you'll want to take everything out and give a good wipe down anyway).

I still love my OG and I love my Reo Grand. Both for different reasons. The Reo I take a feather duster to, and the OG a papertowel. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread