Old Man - Old Vapor - Vapor.Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Morgan

May 16, 2019
Hello:

You probably get these types of questions all of the time, but I am an old vapor. Both in age (73) and in vaping – since 2007. I am a single coil vapor by preference with a like for apple cider and Whiskey flavor for a juice. I normally use 27g stainless steel wire and sometimes 26g I wrap to get near .75 to 1.0 ohm, and vape in the 15 to 20 watt range. I have used a lot of different cotton from originally cotton balls to Shiseido, Ko Jen Doe, Native Wicks, cotton candy, rayon, hemp, silica, you name it, and it all does about the same so long as you wick it properly. Looking for a supplier for Muji pads that are 60mm x 80mm and come in a fairly large package.

Presently I am using Joyetech Delta II's and Geekvape's Zeus RTA, and primarily OSB T-VCT and my favorite KayFun 5.2 for my everyday tanks. I am always looking for a new single coil tank. Want to stick with a single coil for their reliability, flavor consistency, but would venture again into the double coil if it is out of this would good in the flavor department. Need a suggestion that will beat the T-VCT and KayFub – and that will be going a long way since I have four of them and use them in rotation for 0.5 to 1.3 with my juice testers. The Zeus is only a toy that won't leak and give a good juice taste but is not up there with the Delta II. The T-VCT are top shelf for all juices. The KayFun is my goto for the final taste test.

I have been searching the internet for Apple Cider E-Juice. I have used Copper Creek (until they decided to stop production and go out of business) and Johnson Creek Hard Apple Cider until it went out of production and sold out. Can you please tell me when this juice will be made available again – or if it will be. If not can you put me in touch with a comparable Juice.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Can’t help with the juice besides suggesting the diy route. Even then you’d have some trial and error but it’s much cheaper. For wicking, Amazon sells a 40ft. Box of Rayon for around $6-$7 bucks that should last a decade or three. So you asked a few questions and instead of helping you answer those questions, I suggest answers for questions you didn’t ask, lol. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help to you, good luck.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Used every wicking material you listed, plus SS mesh in the genny days, and I agree that if wicked correctly, the differences are minute. I also love the kayfuns, been using them since 2013 but never purchased the 5'2 version because it's more of a dtl or much airier tank compared to the more mtl kayfuns. Since switching to rtas in 2012, I have tried many rtas and currently have at least a dozen and there are 2 that are really wonderful. Although I have these 2 in the mtl version, they do make them in dtl versions which are the darvw and evl reaper v3. These are flavor monsters and might be worth you checking out.....never vaped your specific juice flavor, so not sure, but heathers heavenly vapes does do a few flavors you mentioned and their tobacco nets are really good....good luck my friend

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Hello:

You probably get these types of questions all of the time, but I am an old vapor. Both in age (73) and in vaping – since 2007. I am a single coil vapor by preference with a like for apple cider and Whiskey flavor for a juice. I normally use 27g stainless steel wire and sometimes 26g I wrap to get near .75 to 1.0 ohm, and vape in the 15 to 20 watt range. I have used a lot of different cotton from originally cotton balls to Shiseido, Ko Jen Doe, Native Wicks, cotton candy, rayon, hemp, silica, you name it, and it all does about the same so long as you wick it properly. Looking for a supplier for Muji pads that are 60mm x 80mm and come in a fairly large package.

Presently I am using Joyetech Delta II's and Geekvape's Zeus RTA, and primarily OSB T-VCT and my favorite KayFun 5.2 for my everyday tanks. I am always looking for a new single coil tank. Want to stick with a single coil for their reliability, flavor consistency, but would venture again into the double coil if it is out of this would good in the flavor department. Need a suggestion that will beat the T-VCT and KayFub – and that will be going a long way since I have four of them and use them in rotation for 0.5 to 1.3 with my juice testers. The Zeus is only a toy that won't leak and give a good juice taste but is not up there with the Delta II. The T-VCT are top shelf for all juices. The KayFun is my goto for the final taste test.

I have been searching the internet for Apple Cider E-Juice. I have used Copper Creek (until they decided to stop production and go out of business) and Johnson Creek Hard Apple Cider until it went out of production and sold out. Can you please tell me when this juice will be made available again – or if it will be. If not can you put me in touch with a comparable Juice.

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

Sounds like you have somewhat similar likes to me. For me, I use Nichrome/kanthal though, but I prefer a restrictive lung hit. I currently have a large pack of Muji cotton in the bin, but it's a different size. for RTAs, I use a Fresia RTA. Pretty leakproof, but It seems to have nudged it's way into being my main atomizer. It's a single coil atomizer. As far as juices, I make my own, so I can't advise you there.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I will say, welcome and good luck. Apple cider trying to wrap my brain around that one, you'd need some apple, some sort off fizz (if that's your thing) but I am having a ton of trouble wrapping my head around a flavor for the fermented taste... I'm sure it's out there, check out the DIY forum.

Also, you might (if full on DIY is intimidating) try looking at one shots there may be some available you could try Chef's flavoring LTD, you could try OnestopDIY, and a few others.

I would ask on the DIY board.

Good luck and welcome.

Anma

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
For single coil RTAs, my first pick is the IFRF Gear. Second choice is Wasp nano. I have a couple of Zeus duals and an X, and they’re good for top air. The two I mentioned are bottom air, so that may be a deal breaker for you. But the flavor is better.

Zeus dual is the best I know of as far as dual coils. Uwell fanciers are better imho but they’re not for everyone, and I’m not sure how available they are now.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Welcome to the friendly bunch :) ...I can't help with the rta's as they are not something I use unless you count my Billet Box.

Try www.Fasttech.com for the cotton...I see you've had some really good suggestions for the cider juice. It might help if you say where you're from as a lot of the links you have been given are US ones I expect. Does the kilt mean Scotland or am I off beam :)

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hello:

If your a Kayfun 5 lover than the OFRF Gear RTA is right down your alley. It's only a 2ml capacity but I like it a bit better than the Kayfun even though..

It's also relatively inexpensive (around 40 USD) so you can easily try it without breaking the bank..

I'm not sure where to find the juice, I DIY and that isnt my flavor profile, or that specific size cotton pad.. hopefully others will chime in for you.. (@Kennneth )

Welcome to ECF!

Reactions: madstabber

VapingUnicorn

May 21, 2019
Michigan,USA
Hello Old Vapor , I dont have any recommendations on a Single coil build rta but I do know the avacado RDTA can be used for single coil and i very much enjoy it. Just got to get a good wicking and it will suck the juice up from the bottom with no issues and give you amazing flavor. I also know of an apple cider juice called enoch by vapejoose and its absolutley DELICIOUS !!! its described as a warm apple pie but anyone who has ever tried it says it's more of a Apple cider ❣ I hope this helps . Stay cloudy

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread