Old mech Orphans .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
LOL, unless its a must, you, or anyone can join in on this thread. With devices like Super T, I think its very important to centralize it. Ive tried a few other times and got very little response.

I understand the animosity toward Super T, many got screwed, abandoned, and felt like all the years they put into it was just a waste. If it would happen now, they could have the excuse that its all the FDA stuff, but they let go of their vape gear because of a lot of reasons, Ive heard many, many and this is not the place to speculate, but I think what hurt its customers is that they are still manufacturing parts. They are still in business, but decided not to offer ANY care to their vape customers.

PLEASE, I dont want this to me "MY" thread, Id love it to be a thread for anyone, old member, new member, what have you, to come and discuss and crunch ideas with others than maybe have hand machining skills, or sources, etc, for those that are bright to come and help each other come up with alternate parts, etc to keep our mechs going strong.

Think of it, most mechs should not really wear out.... Delrin , springs, any soft parts are what are going to wear.
Since most mechs are 22mm im sure that between all of our collections, we can share any compatible parts.

Id love to be a place of resources , bright minds, cleaver people that see outside the usual to come up with ideas to help us all out.
I have no animosity towards Super T, I am even from Minnesota as is most of my kin. I just wish I could get these to consistently fire. I am also glad I never purchased these at regular prices or I would be a little upset. Hell I have clones that I got on super clearance for 5 bucks that work great 4 years later.Great thread idea by the way and if I can contribute anything I will, thanks.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Although a couple of the late Super-T telescoping models and attys may have been troublesome and might have contributed to their demise, the design and quality of most of their devices was excellent. My Simplicity 18650 and 14500 are two of the finest mech mods I own and have been reliable, hard hitting and have required virtually no maintenance. They are the first mechs I reach for among my choices and are a pleasure to use.

Super-T stretched past their core competency at a time when clones hit like a tsunami and the owner didn't handle things well, but they produced some of the best American mech mods for a number of years.

Reactions: anavidfan

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
Although a couple of the late Super-T telescoping models and attys may have been troublesome and might have contributed to their demise, the design and quality of most of their devices was excellent. My Simplicity 18650 and 14500 are two of the finest mech mods I own and have been reliable, hard hitting and have required virtually no maintenance. They are the first mechs I reach for among my choices and are a pleasure to use.

Super-T stretched past their core competency at a time when clones hit like a tsunami and the owner didn't handle things well, but they produced some of the best American mech mods for a number of years.
Very true, I got in at the end when everything was on clearance, spent about 300 bucks, but got a lot of nicely machined stuff. Most of it is useless now and hardly ever use, but every now and then I will pick up an ELA or workhorse and it works fine for a week or so and then start misfiring and generally pissing me of. So out of circulation they go.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Its crazy to think about, I got rid of my ELA bc my gf told me I was spending too much money on it to get it to look/work the way I wanted, at that time if I was a flipper (I'm not) I could have sold it for an obscene amount, I did get back all I paid but I sold it to a freind for rrp. Back then you were lucky to find one for $600, just the mod without any extras.

Funny thing is, I saw someone selling one for $100 a few days ago.

sacullen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2014
Chicago, IL, USA
IMO, the Nanos is a pretty underestimated mech. The positive connection is a little fiddly, but that switch! It's sometimes hard to believe such a simple performer was put out by the same folks that put out the Poldiac, easily the most complicated mech I own.

I've made my Super-Ts the most reliable mechs in my collection. Mine don't see much use anymore. If you don't use them, they won't break down on you! :p

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Id love to be a place of resources , bright minds, cleaver people.

Oooops, misspelled, meant "clever" but really it could be clever cleaver people too !!!
barbecued-pork-and-cleaver-picture-id200483479-001

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
IMO, the Nanos is a pretty underestimated mech. The positive connection is a little fiddly, but that switch! It's sometimes hard to believe such a simple performer was put out by the same folks that put out the Poldiac, easily the most complicated mech I own.

I've made my Super-Ts the most reliable mechs in my collection. Mine don't see much use anymore. If you don't use them, they won't break down on you! :p

WOW, got my Nanos in.... What can I say.... Its is VERY, very very good. The switch is one of the best :)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I didnt think I could find a mech that I could call the best ( That Ive owned ) but it is.

Now I see why people love their Polidiacs so much. I was always interested, but I dont think I could have been happy with because as beautiful as the Poldi is, I thought it was a bit too detailed. Figured it would have been impossible to find a topper that would look "right", also heard it had a LOT of parts, etc, etc.

I heard the Nanos was just as good, but again, thought I did not need it. It was modular, tend to stay away. Heard it had almost no voltage drop, I thought who cares.... I love what I have. Heard the switch was THE best... Thought, hmm, I have GP mechs.....

Well, I believe now. Though I love all my mechs, THIS is now going to be a real hard one to live without.

I had always said to myself , that if I could only have 1 devices ( reg or mech) it would be my PAPs 2.5s, Now, it would be a " Sophies "choice . I would now have to choose the Nanos. Its just as good, too soon to say better, but it can use any battery.

So here it is, for now. Im really tempted to give it a brushing with a Scotch Brite pad.

I also love the size of it. At first I thought : "what is nanos about this Nanos?" its actually 22.6mm in diameter.

DOH, its how much length they managed to save because of the top and switch design. At 18650 , which I rarely use, its same length as my 18500's , NICE...

nanos-001.jpg
nanos-002.jpg

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I admire your tenacity.
Like you said, there are quite a few outfits that have disappeared. There might be vapers out there even still using Puresmoker Legacys, it's what these things were made to do.

Bad blood. By now that should be blood under the bridge as vapers have gotten exactly what they wanted, an endless supply of dirt cheap practically disposable devices both regulated and mechanical. I can see though, as in Super T's case, why some folks might have a problem with him. I know more than most about what went on behind the scenes there and the one thing I can tell you is it was incredibly hard for him to walk away but the best thing for him and his family. In fact I encouraged it.

But on a more useful note, I'll offer this - All stock parts are interchangeable between ELA V1 and V2 except for these: The button, button housing, locking ring and compression band.
I do have an original Legacy and a Super-T ELA and still use both.while I am still angry at losing the warranties I should still have,I use them frequently and neither one will ever be sold.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Heres a couple oldies:
Anatolian HT LE 18500 ( a guy on FB is selling them CHEAP )
anatolian-patina-001_zpspbnwxvd8.jpg

anatolian-patina-003_zps0bohnjrn.jpg

Then I found this little "brick" of a gem; The Phantus Mini by Standard Functions 18350 but packs a nice little punch (also about 75% off reg price, new and unused ) Authentic !!!!
phantus-007_zpstq1wmwzu.jpg

phantus-006_zpsfltfdtyl.jpg

phantus-004_zps7npcqnas.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread