Status
Not open for further replies.

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
Just turned 60 this month and I'm wondering how many other "old folks" vapers are out there. According to one poll on the forums, a large number of forum members smoked for decades before picking up a PV. You would think that being a smoker for 45 years or so would make it harder to stop and go to vaping. In my case, I found that I was sooo tired of those crappy cigarettes that I knew I had to do something. I tried the patch (waste of money), tried Chantix (waste of brain matter) and figured why not e-cigs?
I guess we were ready to quit because the day we started vaping with our first PV (SmokeStik RN4081 model) was the very last day we had a cigarette. Neither of us have had a cigarette since then.
Just one story.
(Kinda strange. Sixty doesn't feel as old as I always thought it would.)

Last edited:

hecknaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
north fla
Yep!! cliff5,I could amost mirror er story!! smoked dem Stinkyrettes fer 43 years myself and my first puff on da E-smok'n machine was all it tooks, nary anudder ciggy!! Fer me it wasa amost like change'n brands but wiff aggervation. In da beginning dare was lots uf bad E-Smok'n days but I had a determenation dat go'n back to Ciggys was not an option!!....Hecknaw

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
Yeah, I surprised even myself with the e cigs. I smoked for 41 years and like you tried all the "cures" to no avail. I still can't believe from the day (12/23/09) when my kit came in and my batts were charged that I never smoked a cig again. I have the "token" full pack in the freezer, kept it "just in case" but I don't think there will be a "just in case".

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I think older smokers often take to vaping better than younger ones because they are staring their health problems right in the face. Younger folks still think they are indestructable enough that many of them are not willing to put up with even the slightest degree of hassle.

In my opinion, if you can't put up with even a tiny bit of hassle, then you really aren't anywhere near ready to quit. And if you really aren't anywhere near ready to quit, then electronic cigarettes very well may not work for you until you are.

Chiqa

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Idaho
47 here, started smoking when I was 17, 1 1/2 packs a day, I still smoke a bit , now a pack lasts me 3-4 days.( for some reason in morning is when I really have that craving) My husband is 54, he started smoking at 13,, he did smoke that same as I was , now he is going through about a pack every 2 days( this varies allot).

Last edited:

Haytoni

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
N.W. Florida
Just turned 60 this month and I'm wondering how many other "old folks" vapers are out there. According to one poll on the forums, a large number of forum members smoked for decades before picking up a PV. You would think that being a smoker for 45 years or so would make it harder to stop and go to vaping. In my case, I found that I was sooo tired of those crappy cigarettes that I knew I had to do something. I tried the patch (waste of money), tried Chantix (waste of brain matter) and figured why not e-cigs?
I guess we were ready to quit because the day we started vaping with our first PV (SmokeStik RN4081 model) was the very last day we had a cigarette. Neither of us have had a cigarette since then.
Just one story.
(Kinda strange. Sixty doesn't feel as old as I always thought it would.)

Hi Cliff,

78, smoked for way to long, to bad vaping wasn't around years ago. Glad I came over to this side. May I also add ---age is what you make of it.

Kirssstens

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Thodeepught
Me too, first cigarette ever smoked was age 9, pack a day by 13. All women in family smoked. It's a game changer when your Mom smoked.

Maybe it's easier the older we get because many of us have already quit before using other methods. Fell off the wagon twice and went back to analogs after quitting with patch/gum. Hopefully the ecig method is a keeper.

"Quitting is easy, I've done it a thousand times." Mark Twain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread