Old subject..PERFECT cart filler!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I was sitting here with my Prodigy thinking about the fact that I lose atomizers more than likely because I don't drip enough. Then when I try to rectify that I drip too much. What to do?

Then, light bulb moment, i.e. slapping forehead. My husband still smokes analogs, his analogs have a filter made to smoke through, safe (as safe as one can get) to draw upon. I went and got one of his analogs and snapped off the filter. It's too thick. Cut in half, drip about 6 to 7 drops of e-liquid into cart, put filter in slowly (which is then absorbing the liquid just put in) and add another 4 drops (ten in total), then vape. Wow, perfect! Tastes good (I hate the taste of the filtered material that comes with most carts) and works good.

I just went to a roll your own shop on the net and ordered two bags, 200 plugs (that's what they are called) which will be 400, cut in half, gives me 800 filters! The shipping was a little high, but I got the two bags (which will make the 800 filters for me) with shipping for about $12.

I'm happy and it works for me and most of all I know the material used in these plugs are for drawing smoke through, as safe as you can probably get.

Just thought I'd share.

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Rayo / Premier Cigarette Filter Plugs [PremierPlug] - $1.85 : Rollyourown.com, One Stop RYO Tobacco Shop

This is the one I used. If you can pick them up without shipping they are ultra cheap, it's the shipping that's a killer. I think these were only $1.85 for 200 of them which for us would make at least 400!

As I said, when I put a fresh one in I first put in about 6 to 7 drops, put the filter in slowly letting the filter soak up the liquid and after that all I need is a drop or two every so often to keep it moist. The vapor is still fantastic and the hit is still just as great!

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
Rayo / Premier Cigarette Filter Plugs [PremierPlug] - $1.85 : Rollyourown.com, One Stop RYO Tobacco Shop

This is the one I used. If you can pick them up without shipping they are ultra cheap, it's the shipping that's a killer. I think these were only $1.85 for 200 of them which for us would make at least 400!

As I said, when I put a fresh one in I first put in about 6 to 7 drops, put the filter in slowly letting the filter soak up the liquid and after that all I need is a drop or two every so often to keep it moist. The vapor is still fantastic and the hit is still just as great!

oh hey those are the ones i have but they're from swan and zig zag maybe they're just not right for the 901

Chief-A-Lot

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Spring, TX
www.springvapor.com
That sounds like a great idea! Between my girl friend and I, we have like 3 packs of cigs laying areound somewhere. Unfortunatly, they are menthol... I never smoked them but she did. It may be a nice experiment though just to try the draw and what not. Also, as I use poly to refill my carts, just thinking about the convience of the shape and size of a reg cig filter, I would imagine there is hardly any fuss while preparing them for a cart like poly (or hairs to worry about).

Side note: Remember that joke with the cig filter and alcohol, involving shaking your wrist...it looked like you were masterba... nevermined me too much coffee

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sharon funny you thought of that, I had the same idea last week and tried it and it works great! Almost every town has a local tobacco store where you can buy the filter plugs locally

I'm so glad. I'm just happy as a pig in a poke (now where in the world did that phrase come from...are pigs really happy when they are in a poke...what's a poke?)

Anyway, as mentioned above, there's none of those little fiber hairs getting stuck in my atty and they just seem, for me, to work great!

Gotta go, the mail lady just delivered my new COPPER!! :)

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Does it work better than the straw cart mod, or the tea bag mod?
I add m. crystals to my juice, so it turns the normal empty cart filler brown quickly.
Looking for the best filler. for best vape.

I don't know vaporich, I don't use the straw cart mod of the tea bag mod...I'm too lazy. :D

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I've never been anywhere that didn't have a tobacco shop within walking/driving distance. You can buy the filters there. I think I still have some. Seems like it wouldn't wick well. I'll try though.

LOL, I'm a long way away from a store, let alone a tobacco shop. With the cost of gas and considering my time, it's better I go ahead and order mine.

chad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
NY, USA
cybervapor.com
I've read alot about this method here. I think many folks found that it doesn't release as much liquid as you'd hope. You might find alot of liquid left over even when it seems dry.

YMMV and I have no personal anecdotes about it. I've ordered some hemp sliver to see how well that works. I think someone else here is trying microfiber and braided fiberglass.

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Once I had the analog fiber saturated I don't have to put much in there at all. So far I'm really liking it. No mess, no bother, no loose fibers, tastes good and above all I think it's pretty safe. I guess we all have our own ways and we like what we like...;)

As for the pig in a poke....LOL....maybe the paper bag had food in it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread