Not open for further replies.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hey this is a test of Ginny's ECF
Hi, test Ginny. Sit back and enjoy our company.
My daughter has gotten me recycling. Our city has a great recycling program here in Oklahoma City. They just recently gave us big covered bins. They originally gave us what looks like an uncovered storage crate. On recycling day there was always recyclables blowing all over the place since the crates were uncovered.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Yes on all counts, many stores do have bins for them, and sometimes they actually are recycled, rather than just taken from there to the dump.

China recently stopped accepting many types of recyclables, no longer wanting to be the world's dump. So, now what? No place to send them for recycling... and that of course ignores the multitude that are just put in the trash to start with.

Heck, brown paper bags aren't just recyclable, they're compostable :) Wife has always been a gardener, so we've always had a compost pile/bin. (Also long before it became fashionable, gardeners knew how to get good dirt ;) )

I read recently that China was reducing the amount of cardboard they'd accept because they were unhappy about the quality of the cardboard that was being sent to them for recycling. Evidently people leave a lot of the packing material inside the boxes and that messes up the whole process. I guess people figure a lot of the packing material is plastic and the gets recycled so they don't bother taking it out, but that has to be removed before they can process paper.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Yep I'll try to get her on later. This Chemo treatment hit her a lot harder then the last. She hasn't gotten out of bed much and hasn't eaten much. So we'll see later if she feels better.

When she feels up to it you can show her all the welcomes being sent her way. Hopefully that will be a bright spot in her day.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
@grannygin ....:)

r_XWUBNX12FYFbmTv4gCMam2h-Ae4XkS8kd10H-JeJBNDQ4TDErDZSN6kjm56Yhi-aFC0m86KZ4J2xydGNGmdTlBcmLkk08CQxiaZ3rUt4sAE_U2ZpouJHRRNBDxEZZX6BacKG2G02SiKdA0yiv7TfkePCwyiqFOkrHoxcqnUkdsLyYvALlt64wE9cKMY7XnlDpW9zvkkEFUmn4AWLjDaHJgBTNkZ1_5VQn688HOPQwpf1qt-_HG1R0F1xfpSslqTlcsfcoUmgcCP20Ix9Ak4xpWCTnrMjEerbGXfbmgCspUu7JYHiSRbAVzDEN9UTINWw4HxXLiBb77esnNGRDHlxbYWsKjEOSfZ5WJhEAXl0gorPowsHEufXdezFWJKOdqCBdbEhDM8bw-KMZMvGyU4Le237dyiE8npkENjDghwgh3CPSaGs8zqmd958gY8vzvG7IQXNPvOXPSdfiHpkTe5PDTyKjLfyBRE88i4V-ky8abNYmSdH1tJRV8p9GznYb5uRzMpu56HLUuMMQrXAla3Z1OoPep0_ZOYcHboqL81JbfSKXCQGdtVd0bUM9nU3e63ag_kfyRNzjry9rEePmkMrNZG-s0ifmb-QOmjng=w326-h237-no

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Thanks. I am going to try to get her on but she is having a heck of a time with this treatment. She talked to her SIL yesterday her name is Cathy. This Cancer in her back they are treating with oral Chemo and it makes her just as sick. She told Ginny that they are going to check to see if it is helping and if it isn't she is just going to give up. She is like the old saying goes Sick and Tired of being Sick and Tired. Shes been fighting this since she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer over 3 years ago and beat that one then it appeared in her back. She's had it. She is about 63.

Ginny's back has been really bothering her had to get up and come downstairs and take some pain pills. Everytime she tries to eat she feels really sick, nothing comes of it she said she feels like she has the worst flu ever. Day by day she is getting gradually better, in baby steps.

This morning started early 0330. Alyssa will be here tomorrow. So that will cheer her up. I got all my juice made and her computer set up for use. Now to get her better will work on vape room some more today.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Thanks. I am going to try to get her on but she is having a heck of a time with this treatment. She talked to her SIL yesterday her name is Cathy. This Cancer in her back they are treating with oral Chemo and it makes her just as sick. She told Ginny that they are going to check to see if it is helping and if it isn't she is just going to give up. She is like the old saying goes Sick and Tired of being Sick and Tired. Shes been fighting this since she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer over 3 years ago and beat that one then it appeared in her back. She's had it. She is about 63.

Ginny's back has been really bothering her had to get up and come downstairs and take some pain pills. Everytime she tries to eat she feels really sick, nothing comes of it she said she feels like she has the worst flu ever. Day by day she is getting gradually better, in baby steps.

This morning started early 0330. Alyssa will be here tomorrow. So that will cheer her up. I got all my juice made and her computer set up for use. Now to get her better will work on Vape room some more today.

So sorry Ginny is feeling so sick. I hope even as the day goes on she feels better. {{{{{Ginny}}}}}

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
@2legsshrt I'm sure you have many recipes to turn to but when I saw this one which is for people who had a complete gastretomy I thought of you and how you can't keep your weight up. Sounds yummy.

Super Protein Power Smoothie

Ingredients:
  • ½ cup any liquid (milk, soy milk, rice milk, Boost, Ensure, Boost Plus, or Ensure Plus, or a generic version of one of these products); use more than ½ cup if needed to blend *
  • ¼ cup low-fat plain yogurt or soy yogurt
  • 1 tablespoons protein powder (any type)
  • 2 teaspoons peanut butter or almond butter
  • 1 teaspoon finely ground flaxseeds
  • 1 ½ teaspoon canola, almond, or olive oil
  • ½ banana
  • Crushed ice: optional; can be added if a colder smoothie is desired
Instructions:
  • Measure and prepare solid ingredients.
  • Place these ingredients in the blender.
  • Add liquid ingredients to the blender.
  • Blend all of the ingredients together to your desired consistency.
  • Add additional liquid to the blender if needed to thin out consistency for better blending. Depending on the strength of your blender, you may need more or less liquid to make the mixture blend.
*In any smoothie recipe, you can use whichever liquid that you like. Examples of liquids that work well for making smoothies include soy milk, rice milk, almond milk, oat milk, or regular nonfat milk. You can use a liquid nutritional supplement, such as Boost® or Ensure® as well. To maximize the calories and protein in any smoothie or shake, try using Boost Plus®, Ensure Plus®, or a generic version of one of these products as your liquid.

If you can’t finish the whole smoothie at once, you can store the unused portion in the refrigerator or freezer. You can re-blend the smoothie later that same day by adding a little more liquid. Do not store any unused portion of the smoothie in the refrigerator for more than one day.

Per serving**: 435 calories; 46 grams of carbohydrates; 20 grams of protein; 19 grams of fat***; 3 grams of fiber; 265 milligrams of sodium; 768 milligrams of potassium****

** Made with Boost Plus, Ensure Plus, or a generic version of one of these products. Calories and protein will be somewhat lower if made with milk, soy milk, rice milk, or another liquid.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I do caution whether such anonymous labels are safe in any location where strangers (or children) might be present.
I agree, but visitation by kids or strangers is very unlikely for me.

I think most stores these days have bins to collect used plastic bags.
Not around here they don't. Food Lion is the only place I know of that has the bins. When I take my bags there, I've done everything I can do to help, so I sure HOPE (or perhaps I should say HDPE) they get recycled.

I can see using a numbering system for testing purposes. But, it would drive me crazy for my regularly used e-liquids.

Yet, it sure would make it easier to keep better track of more details. Hmmm.
I'm currently using my DIY mixes #78 through #83. If I wanted to know what I'd put in each of them, I'd have to look at my joose log. When I top off a tank, I know neither which joose is already in it, nor what's in the joose that I'm adding. The only assurednesses I have are that it's 10 mg/ml nicotine and that I like the taste.

Guess whos coming to dinner tomorrow. 2 months old but really 1 month he was a premie by 1 month. He looks like he's been out and about for 2 months. :thumb: Great looking grandson ya got there, Pat.
3JrffFbNIy3VgMfoTOCLHlFqTg0j0BZE11iF7M72p1HzwT1IZ68xqtjRTafgfcxtJoaZvbQSAI-VB0ArGwYdc0bAt_VUbqjLOu_nYBoQYO2_ly6KNWEnuZ-Q8GLex8fUeUNBeQEFP6Biu-93xaTPklpwHayG3WlUkb0QEzZ-ozgV4BeL9Qrhwtsoa8XQDQDKhNOBLqV2SXYE5gsKiIdd_pKvv7wi_WimOgfRMZCCIu9hL7_Gq5E1W9QuYB23Tb2-h415wiM3fiR07lSULkcr0T-1sZ9P-F2D_xJ0yJFphMIkp3DUX9BltpaTR8_O_oJz4idU1fL3_QaYEVkWDljekUw4A2UDJUdPST9FSBLpg_ZMxXi2RG-gfBcoNknHHfX4H_hchlonepBKfd5X4lHuXAXHCu2K4iGwV1BVuiS2MHraHhwtSMToCO7Pp9fwxxd1lUnaVaAP-gHGKS63utqI0bzrlXQ3aFSblJdNJlHORhvohMbZJCik1rVxklGN75AQ8T2v3LFuPMDtn97ncf-VCaAYhjzm-XcRu5QXAQPCaTHMwbwT_K04piVgrbD0fuxBiwsmNKE7pQMcfJzxzt49Z065ifyRXzRwoRz2dokH=w604-h805-no

GGSon Jash

½ cup any liquid (milk, soy milk, rice milk, Boost, Ensure, Boost Plus, or Ensure Plus, or a generic version of one of these products);
Ya forgot my favorite, which is almond milk.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I'm currently using my DIY mixes #78 through #83. If I wanted to know what I'd put in each of them, I'd have to look at my joose log. When I top off a tank, I know neither which joose is already in it, nor what's in the joose that I'm adding. The only assurednesses I have are that it's 10 mg/ml nicotine and that I like the taste.
Do all the surprise combinations still taste good?

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Yea, but ... try doing that with one of the modern plastic store bags. :D
No can do, but there's always gift wrap, parchment paper, aluminum foil. And when I use the grocery pick up at Kroger the frozen stuff is in a paper bag. You can request paper instead of plastic at grocery checkout counters too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Wal-Mart collects the plastic bags, and they are recycled.
So does Kroger. I remember when plastic bags first began. They were promoted as biodegradable. What happened to that?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread