Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
@MikeE3 how much of a pain is it to refill those. I'm thinking real seriously about grabbing a couple. $38 for 2 using MAP. Do you guys use them a lot? Course I could get a couple extension kits for $2 each I think. But that wouldn't make them pocket friendly I do carry my K5 tho. I imagine its the same size.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
gotcha. I'd seen someone a long time ago talk about a bf tank, but didn't ask. Maybe they also meant topper, but when you said it, it made me wonder.

that's the one they did to my sil....... she said for just a bit she felt like she was dying from what it did to her heart, but didn't last all that long. Still hopes she doesn't ever have to do it again though.

oh that stinks.

someone mentioned writing on the tootsie rolls. I use my gold marker then cover it in packing tape, and leave a little bit to make a tape tab. I have long nails, but they make creases in the top of the batt wrap when I use them to get the battery out, so I like having lil tape tabs on my batts.
Thatcs one thing I like about my Hex Oms. They have a ribbon that runs under the batteries. One end is attached to the mod under the sled on one end j the rest of the ribbon lays across the sled with the batteries on top of the ribbon. To get them out you just pull up on the ribbon & they pop right out. They fit really tight in there, too.
ff0a6952aaedc7ecae1a2fb0513e2ddc.jpg

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
The last convo I had with Randy he said that AW hopes to be back up and running in January. I sure do hope so cause I had to settle for not so good batteries for now. I bet he will sell out quick when he gets his first shipment in :D

Hope they're back up in January! I'm moving into Semi territory with my batteries now. Kidding, it's not that bad yet. ;) Bummer to miss the sales but far worse for AW. Must have been a heck of a flood. Are they in Texas?

I has somewhat. I still cough up stuff but not like I was and haven't had any blood for a while so I go next week to see if my nodule is in the same place they said they have a way of moving and since I wanted to wait till the week starting on the 26th because of a few things going on they want to double check to see if the beam is still correct. Don't want to accidently take our something else.
EKG was pretty much the same. Always an interesting guy to talk to tho.
He is kinda funny, I told him I seem to have to take my BP meds at 12 hr intervals and he said if thats what works then do it. He said its kind of funny how sometimes things happen and not particular reason. He likened it to having a heart operation and the guy says really weird it cured the mole on my big toe could never get rid of that. No rhyme or reason for it. Just happens.

It all sounds encouraging, keep up the good work. And agree, I've had some "no rhyme or reason" things happen. At least that's how it seemed at first and eventually figured it out by myself with no help from the doctors. One example being the severe acid reflux-like problem I was having and weeks later figuring out it was one of the flavorings I was using. Who woulda thunk it? Can't answer for the mole though.

someone mentioned writing on the tootsie rolls. I use my gold marker then cover it in packing tape, and leave a little bit to make a tape tab. I have long nails, but they make creases in the top of the batt wrap when I use them to get the battery out, so I like having lil tape tabs on my batts.

Tape tabs are handy! :D I'll spare you the long story but tape tabs rock.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hope they're back up in January! I'm moving into Semi territory with my batteries now. Kidding, it's not that bad yet. ;) Bummer to miss the sales but far worse for AW. Must have been a heck of a flood. Are they in Texas?
I hope so too. I didn't think to ask him where the factory is.

Tape tabs are handy! :D I'll spare you the long story but tape tabs rock.
I agree. I also use the fold over the end of the tape to make a tab for my temporary bottle labels. So much easier to remove them when you have something to hang on to.

5 years stinky free!
Yay!!!!!! Well done :thumbs:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I even thought about blocking one of the air holes on the K5 with epoxy or something so instead of 2 on the build part would be just 1 which would tighten up the draw but not sure if that would work or not.

I used to block air holes on Lemos. The adjustment was crap, it tended to spin round to the full open position after a few hits and it was really hard to adjust anyway.

I used black electrical tape on black ones. It stayed on for a long time and was almost invisible. Used clear tape on silver ones. That was fine except it didn't stay on quite as long.

Now I just keep them fully open. I came to the conclusion that trying to make a tank into something it wasn't meant to be never worked too well.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I used to block air holes on Lemos. The adjustment was crap, it tended to spin round to the full open position after a few hits and it was really hard to adjust anyway.

I used black electrical tape on black ones. It stayed on for a long time and was almost invisible. Used clear tape on silver ones. That was fine except it didn't stay on quite as long.

Now I just keep them fully open. I came to the conclusion that trying to make a tank into something it wasn't meant to be never worked too well.
Yep these are on the inside on the build deck itself. There is 2 for each of the dif positiions on both sides making it 4 so it would have to stand up to ejuice and heat also. I think the better option is the Prime.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well I just tried the method you said and it does tighten it up some. I'll use it today and see if it's enough. Thanks. I blocked off 1 of the air inlet holes. Well I just blocked most of the other one also and it might work. It's still not as tight as I would like but it may be enough.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Oh and I got the extensions was going to just get a couple spare glass but for a couple dollars more I got 2 extensions making them the same size as the K5 and I have 9 spare glass for them already. If they are as good as I think they will be I will be in the market to sell some K5's and some STMs. I have 8 of each and I believe 3 of them are brand new still in the box and the STM's are still sealed. Those I think are pretty hard to get if not impossible. The MTL with a tight draw is working really well for me and my lungs. Probably should sell some Russian flavoring also. Need to make an inventory but I may give them another try now with this style of vaping so all I have left is more of the ED VG and PG since I only got a quart of each. I'm still ok but also much better on my lungs it seems. So I am glad I didn't have to stop vaping, which is what I thought was going to happen but this is workiing very well.
I know I know I've said that before but this time for sure, I think would like to have one of those DNA 75C like Bells has got from Lost Vapes. I really like their products. But I have enough for now.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
10 sec would be too much.
she thought so too and I agree.

Thatcs one thing I like about my Hex Oms. They have a ribbon that runs under the batteries.
Jup, no ribbons in Reos, but they are still the best thing I've ever used for me.

Bummer to miss the sales but far worse for AW. Must have been a heck of a flood. Are they in Texas?
I could be wrong, but I thought AWs came from China. Or was this just a warehouse they were stored in?

5 years stinky free!
Wahooooooooo! That's fantastic!!!
upload_2017-12-15_17-54-48.jpeg

So I am glad I didn't have to stop vaping, which is what I thought was going to happen but this is workiing very well.
glad it is working better. Did you stop spittin up blood?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

:thumbs:

Yep, my Lemo(ns) and dual coil toppers are in the stash. Don't care for dual coil, why futz around trying to block one side? :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread