Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghair

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Phoenix
No vape mail so this is all you get today. If nothing tomorrow I may post a pic of the back. I forgot how maddening waiting for vape mail is.

171549.jpg

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
lol, yeah. I managed to kill 2 provaris and the semovar. One button crapped out and the classic immediately goes into low battery on full batteries. The semovar board just spits endless errors. Oh well. I'm back to old school running my nemesis until the new setups come.

Pocket rocket - Authentic KF V3 mini going on a Jac Vape series B
All day workhorse - Authentic KF V5 going on a istick 100

I am so over clones, every one I ever bought ended up in pieces or in the trash. I have 3 years of rebuilds on My Auth KF Lite but it's tired.

You know pics will follow when everything arrives.
Welcome back. Dont give up on your provaris yet. Email Bill the privari repair man and describe the issues. He'll give you an estimate.

provarirepair@gmail.com

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Also another fact about the Adore flavors. I can see why Daniels fave is the Custard de Leche. It is a very weak flavor and he vapes a lot of cloud blowing attys I believe on power. I have found that it does have a good taste also on temp but the way I get it is to check the resistance and reset it approx .02 abouve what it actually is, making it vape hotter. Tastes great like that.

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I've had a weird thing happen to one of my Flavors, the Goose Juice form the Duck. This is one of my old batches but it has a definite peppery flavor. Like black pepper. Strange none of my other flavors has done that so I know it is not the nic. I did fill up 3 100ml bottles of the nic that had been frozen and am keeping the one I have with me refrigerated. So it could possibly have been from the batch that I had sitting at room temp for some months now. Dumped the last 10ml of it to refill with the new stuff so maybe.

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    No vape mail so this is all you get today. If nothing tomorrow I may post a pic of the back. I forgot how maddening waiting for vape mail is.

View attachment 683041

I never cared all that much for my Nemesis, but I'm sure loven my Caravelas.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    I've had a weird thing happen to one of my Flavors, the Goose Juice form the Duck. This is one of my old batches but it has a definite peppery flavor. Like black pepper. Strange none of my other flavors has done that so I know it is not the nic. I did fill up 3 100ml bottles of the nic that had been frozen and am keeping the one I have with me I am keeping refrigerated. So it could possibly have been from the batch that I have sitting at room emp for some months now. Dumped the last 10ml of it to refill with the new stuff so maybe.
    Is that juice one you mixed from concentrate? If it's a custard it might have increased in flavor with a month long or more steep. Or, if you mixed a custard to be shake & vape the same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    @Dancing Heretic, look who made it back home! This is the black hex that I bought used at end of July. The sled was coming out when I got it. I could have reglued it myself, but because it was used I was concerned about loose or faulty connections & the board. So 3 weeks ago I sent it back to Craving Vapor for a spa treatment. She's been patiently waiting at the PO for 6 days for me to pick her up. See that light reflection off the logo? That is a shined logo. The guy that sold it to me shined it. It takes more patience & elbow grease than I have to do that. Mother's buffing compound is what is used to get the matte grey of the original logo cleaned off.
    6354f97c538443f4d53dc0981d64c5b0.jpg

doghair

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2014
    Phoenix
    Thank you mailman.

iStick I like. Brain dead simple. 5 click instant on/off, no banners or boot screens. 3 click V to W change, adjustment buttons lock, can flip the screen ... done. 2 batteries in parallel, I run low watts so it will run off just one battery if I want it lighter. Battery door is a bank vault, no movement. Feather light button. Badass.

The V5 cleaned up and went together smooth as silk. The build deck has some nice improvements over the Lite, way easier to cinch the coil leads. Got the MTL kit too, I am so hooked on authentic Svoemesto's. Badass.

164107.jpg

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    Thank you mailman.

iStick I like. Brain dead simple. 5 click instant on/off, no banners or boot screens. 3 click V to W change, adjustment buttons lock, can flip the screen ... done. 2 batteries in parallel, I run low watts so it will run off just one battery if I want it lighter. Battery door is a bank vault, no movement. Feather light button. Badass.

The V5 cleaned up and went together smooth as silk. The build deck has some nice improvements over the Lite, way easier to cinch the coil leads. Got the MTL kit too, I am so hooked on authentic Svoemesto's. Badass.

View attachment 683487
    Awsome little mids these isticks! Except from my provaris they are my favorites for the very reasons you mention!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Thank you mailman.

View attachment 683487

Nice combination. My 'goto' tank is a V5 with the medium MTL reducer and the atty air ring opened to 4 dots. And I agree they are much easier to 'coil' than the KFL-Lites.

doghair

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2014
    Phoenix
    Nice combination. My 'goto' tank is a V5 with the medium MTL reducer and the atty air ring opened to 4 dots. And I agree they are much easier to 'coil' than the KFL-Lites.

Mike, there must be a trick I'm missing to getting the dots lined up right when assembling, mine seem to be off. Help a brother out?

Edit: pbusardo hooked me up, i watched his video and found what i did wrong when I put the base back on. I also need longer wick tails than I'm used to.

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    @Dancing Heretic, look who made it back home! This is the black hex that I bought used at end of July. The sled was coming out when I got it. I could have reglued it myself, but because it was used I was concerned about loose or faulty connections & the board. So 3 weeks ago I sent it back to Craving Vapor for a spa treatment. She's been patiently waiting at the PO for 6 days for me to pick her up. See that light reflection off the logo? That is a shined logo. The guy that sold it to me shined it. It takes more patience & elbow grease than I have to do that. Mother's buffing compound is what is used to get the matte grey of the original logo cleaned off.
    6354f97c538443f4d53dc0981d64c5b0.jpg

Yay! Baby's back home!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Mike, there must be a trick I'm missing to getting the dots lined up right when assembling, mine seem to be off. Help a brother out?

Edit: pbusardo hooked me up, i watched his video and found what i did wrong when I put the base back on. I also need longer wick tails than I'm used to.

I wick w/ rayon. I put 'a lot' through the coil. Then trim 1/2 of the wick sticking out on both ends. Then I cut the ends so they just touch the bottom (plus a tab bit more) of the deck when tucked in. Being working well for me doing it this way.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Thank you mailman.

View attachment 683487
    Nice set up! And shiney!

CaptJay

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2010
    A Brit, abroad, (USA)
    I'm not quite old enough for this forum (I know, I know, it's no matter), but I have the whole 'set in my ways' thing down pretty pat. Looking for some thoughts on a new e-cig type. I've done the mod thing, which was ok but seemed a lot of fiddly bits (or lots of fiddling with small parts, small difference now my eyes are getting a bit old), so I'm not that bothered about getting one again (also I like the small size of eGos). I'm an eGo gal, (eGo twist atm) using the 510 atty which is simplicity itself for me and a guaranteed good vape every time. However, it seems a lot of vendors are now no longer stocking my old faithful 510 atty, or it's being discontinued (I hate change..), and it may well be time for me to upgrade to something that doesn't use that atty (seriously don't want to do this but, it is what it is..). Any thoughts? FWIW I'm not bothered with clouds of vapor, the 510 has served me well there, I'm more about taste than clouds. Never got along well with tanks either ( OK I only tried one and didn't like it..).
    Reading this back, I sound like a grumpy old curmudgeon who hates change (about right) LOL.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm not quite old enough for this forum (I know, I know, it's no matter), but I have the whole 'set in my ways' thing down pretty pat. Looking for some thoughts on a new e-cig type. I've done the mod thing, which was ok but seemed a lot of fiddly bits (or lots of fiddling with small parts, small difference now my eyes are getting a bit old), so I'm not that bothered about getting one again (also I like the small size of eGos). I'm an eGo gal, (eGo twist atm) using the 510 atty which is simplicity itself for me and a guaranteed good vape every time. However, it seems a lot of vendors are now no longer stocking my old faithful 510 atty, or it's being discontinued (I hate change..), and it may well be time for me to upgrade to something that doesn't use that atty (seriously don't want to do this but, it is what it is..). Any thoughts? FWIW I'm not bothered with clouds of vapor, the 510 has served me well there, I'm more about taste than clouds. Never got along well with tanks either ( OK I only tried one and didn't like it..).
    Reading this back, I sound like a grumpy old curmudgeon who hates change (about right) LOL.
    The best 510 atomizer, on clearance for $2.70/2pk. That's only $1.35 per atomizer. And these are the best 510s I've ever found. For that you could buy a lifetime supply.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Hi! Welcme to The Porches! Mad Vapes sent an email a few weeks back that they had egos stocked again. Try there.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread