Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Anyone any experience with an innokin? Looking at getting a new rig, that doesn't need a 510 atty, that is MTL (like the eGos I use currently, I think those are MTL as well) and won't require me to get a BS in Engineering to use (lol). I don't mind learning about coils or what have you as long as it's pretty straightforward stuff that this long time 'stuck to old ways like dripping' vaper can get their head around. :)

If you've been drippin' old 510 atomizers, then this would be right up your ally.
    A7 Mini RDA – reBreathe Vapor Products | Vape Products, E-Liquids, E-Cigarettes
    I've been using the same three for 5 years now, (but I have like 14 of them put away in case it rains) ;)
    You can even get pre-made coil/wicks for it from fasttech for next to nothing.
    I use 1.8-2.2 ohm coils.

Looks like this inside.
    P1000887_zpsjwsrvrwm.jpg

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Okay, I have been away too long. This forum was a "watched forum" for me and now is not on my list and I do not remember how to make it a "watched forum". Help?

Scroll to the top of the page. Just above the first post on the page you'll see Thread Tools. Click Watch Thread. Mike's way will show you all your watched threads with unread posts.

doghair

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2014
    Phoenix
    Think I'm going to order one of these bad boys. Shaking large bottles during long mix sessions gets old. Besides spilling juice all over the counter and floor is nice and all but it would be awesome to hit the button by mistake after taking it out of the bottle and spray s**t all over the rest of the kitchen too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHLPZ45

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Anyone any experience with an Innokin? Looking at getting a new rig, that doesn't need a 510 atty, that is MTL (like the eGos I use currently, I think those are MTL as well) and won't require me to get a BS in Engineering to use (lol). I don't mind learning about coils or what have you as long as it's pretty straightforward stuff that this long time 'stuck to old ways like dripping' vaper can get their head around. :)
    so you want an ego threading rather than 510?
    I don't think that's what he means. It's just that the old-style disposable 510 atties is all he's been using for several years. And, he wants to move on to something that's more available nowadays. Since the old-style atties are getting harder to find.

CaptJay, no 'rig' you find nowadays needs an old-style 510 atty. Almost all of them have the same 510 connection. But, almost no one still uses them with the old-style atties. I do. But, even I only use them occasionally. I use a lot of other stuff more.
    I used some of their earlier stuff, never had a problem with anything. Haven't used the latest but Innokin has always seemed to fill a niche with inexpensive easy to use stuff. The Endura T22 looks pretty cool. I would drop $30 plus a few coils on that in a heartbeat.
    I wouldn't consider the T22 as MTL. Although some people probably do. It's barely in the top end of that range.

CaptJay, I can only share my own experience. I am very much a MTL vaper. It's a broad range. Some MTL vapers use much higher wattage and much less resistance than I do. For them, the T22 might work. For me, no.

I vape at about 7.5 watts. On a non-VV/VW mod, I used to prefer 2.0 ohm atties. But, nowadays I don't have to be too exact on the resistance of my atties, not since I use mostly VW. The variable wattage rig/mod will adjust the voltage to whatever resistance you use so you don't have to worry about it. Although I do generally try to avoid sub-ohm (any resistance under 1.0 ohm).

I started on 510 and 306 disposable atties. I didn't move on from them because I wanted something more. I moved on because the QC was so unreliable. I wanted something more reliable.

The EMDCC (which I believe is what you're using right now?) was fairly good and produced a lot of vapor, almost too much. I used those briefly while I was experimenting with new things. I probably would have continued to use them regularly except that about that time I discovered the carto-tank. I love carto-tanks!

But, eventually I realized that the QC for cartos wasn't a whole lot better than the QC for disposable atties. So, I finally moved on to rebuilding. The Kayfun Lite has, at least, as good flavor and vapor production as a carto-tank. Maybe a little better.

In the meantime, I had very little luck with clearos (CE2, CE3, etc.). Vivi Novas and T2's were ok. But, nothing could compare to the carto-tank at that time. So, I had given up on clearos. However, my brother needed to find a clearo that would get him back to vaping. He hates to try new things/to experiment. He just wants something super simple and disposable, and the 306 wasn't doing it for him anymore.

I finally found the Joyetech Ego One tank. It's a clearo that you just drop a coil in, no rebuilding required. It's the best clearo that I've ever found. Of course, I also like the fact that you can use CLR coils instead of the CL coils that they come with. CLR is just CL + R for rebuildable.

They're one of the easiest to rebuild. So, you could just save the used ones in case you decide to try rebuilding them later.

The few other modern clearos that I've tried were either not as simple and reliable or created too much vapor for me (unless I tried them DL instead of MTL). The Joyetech Ego One clearos (nicknamed eggrolls on the Tootle Puffer thread) are the only clearo that produces a reliable amount of vapor for me, but not so much that it chokes me.

You can use them with any modern rig/mod. They come with low resistance, so you do have to have something modern enough to handle that. Of course, you can rebuild them to higher resistance if you want.

The best smallish mods? Probably the Pico if you want to use replaceable batteries or, for a built-in battery, the eLeaf iStick 30 or 40. They're tiny!

I don't know if any of that will help. But, I can only speak from my own experience.

Good luck!

ETA: These threads might help:
    Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)
    eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Last edited:

CaptJay

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2010
    A Brit, abroad, (USA)
    That was a great reply Dancing - and yes I'm looking for something that isn't using a 510 atty as they are getting harder to get and I go through them like candy. I only use eGo twist, I only drip. I wanted something that would let me drip still (I have found over the years it gives me the best flavor and I'm not a cloud chaser and that is never something I'd add to a wish list. Flavor over all in my book). I have never used a cart or tank - I started on the basic ego witht he cotton wadding you soaked in juice. I hated that and the juice ran out too quick for me. I began dripping right onto the atty coil after reading here about how much better it was. I agree - I never went back to any type of insert or tank/carto. If I can drip using a coil set up, which I have never used, I'd be happy. I haven't bought ANY new gear since I discovered eGos (yes it's been years lol) so any hints/tips/ideas are very very welcome. :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Think I'm going to order one of these bad boys. Shaking large bottles during long mix sessions gets old. Besides spilling juice all over the counter and floor is nice and all but it would be awesome to hit the button by mistake after taking it out of the bottle and spray s**t all over the rest of the kitchen too.

I got a little mixer when I first began diy, but it's not very strong. Needs more power.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I only use eGo twist, I only drip.

I wanted something that would let me drip still . . . . . If I can drip using a coil set up, which I have never used, I'd be happy. I haven't bought ANY new gear since I discovered eGos (yes it's been years lol) so any hints/tips/ideas are very very welcome. :)

There are disposable atties, cartos, and clearos. Then there are clearos that have disposable, replaceable coils. Besides that, it's all rebuildable.

You've already reached the pinnacle of totally disposable stuff: 510/306 disposable atties & EMDCC's.

That narrows the possibilities to the newer clearos with disposable drop-in coils and rebuildables.

Clearos aren't designed for dripping. But, I guess you could. Just don't fill up the tank and drip instead. They do make clearos that are narrow like an ego. The Evod is that narrow. I've heard that they did make some Joyetech Ego One tanks that narrow. But, I don't think anyone has them in stock. You may not be able to find any. However, the 19 mm is pretty common.

Other than the atties you've already been using, the only true dripping atties are rebuildable. It really isn't that hard to rebuild if you're willing to go there. And rebuildable drippers are much easier to rebuild that the tanks. They don't have the complication of juice flow problems.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2010
    A Brit, abroad, (USA)
    Although I do like the smallness of the eGo twist, I'd be ok with something a little larger but not really big. I once owned a mod that was the size of a cotton reel in width and taller than a normal ego batt. That was almost too big, (took 2 batts which i could recharge), and a little heavier than I like. I was looking at the Innokin because it had that familiar size and build, but tbh I feel I am once again in noobland when it comes to new stuff. I came to THIS thread cos you guys understand dripping, (the lure, the obsession, lol) and long term use of vaping (been 10 years now, good lord), that tends to breed familiarity and, yes, stubborness and even intractability, when it comes to trying new things again. All these replies are very helpful, once again, many thanks.

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Anyone any experience with an Innokin? Looking at getting a new rig, that doesn't need a 510 atty, that is MTL (like the eGos I use currently, I think those are MTL as well) and won't require me to get a BS in Engineering to use (lol). I don't mind learning about coils or what have you as long as it's pretty straightforward stuff that this long time 'stuck to old ways like dripping' vaper can get their head around. :)
    Where the T18 & T22 are concerned they are pure MTL and I love the tanks for their simplicity...The coils are dirt cheap and last me forever vaping pretty sweet DIY Bakery flavors...I haven't had one yet leak even the slightest bit and they produce great flavor...I don't much care for the batteries as they're fixed at 14watts which is way to warm for me...Instead I use an Aspire Zelos mod and the iStick 30/40 at about 11.5watts...

$9.72 Authentic Innokin Endura T18 Clearomizer - 2.5ml / 1.5ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    $6.52 Authentic Innokin Endura T18 Coil Head (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    iStick 30W by Eleaf - Eleaf - Brands
    iStick TC 40W by Eleaf
    MyFreedomSmokes also sells the T18 & T22 tanks as well for less than $10 either one...

This is by far my current favorite set-up...Simple & Works...Blue Collar Kind'a Gear !!!
    DSC00643.JPG
    Prizm T22 + eLeaf iStick 40

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I was looking at the Innokin because it had that familiar size and build, but tbh I feel I am once again in noobland when it comes to new stuff.
    Which Innokin are you referring to? Innokin makes a lot of stuff.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 5, 2013
    In the Mountains
    That was a great reply Dancing - and yes I'm looking for something that isn't using a 510 atty as they are getting harder to get and I go through them like candy. I only use eGo twist, I only drip. I wanted something that would let me drip still (I have found over the years it gives me the best flavor and I'm not a cloud chaser and that is never something I'd add to a wish list. Flavor over all in my book). I have never used a cart or tank - I started on the basic ego witht he cotton wadding you soaked in juice. I hated that and the juice ran out too quick for me. I began dripping right onto the atty coil after reading here about how much better it was. I agree - I never went back to any type of insert or tank/carto. If I can drip using a coil set up, which I have never used, I'd be happy. I haven't bought ANY new gear since I discovered eGos (yes it's been years lol) so any hints/tips/ideas are very very welcome. :)

It seems to me than you may be a candidate for squonking. I get the whole ego thing because I still use spinners when I travel and they work just fine. I'm completely unqualified to talk about squonking so...

PAGING @Debadoo, PAGING @Debadoo, please report the Front Porch @Debadoo. :D

Warning: She excels at spending other people's money. ;) Most of the porches have it down to an art form, to be honest.

Yes, Reos and their ilk have a different form factor but the whole squonking thing may be just what you're after.

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    It seems to me than you may be a candidate for squonking. I get the whole ego thing because I still use spinners when I travel and they work just fine. I'm completely unqualified to talk about squonking so...

Warning: She excels at spending other people's money. ;) Most of the porches have it down to an art form, to be honest.

Yes, Reos and their ilk have a different form factor but the whole squonking thing may be just what you're after.
    Yep...When I'm out & about it's a Spinner II + Innokin i16 Clearomizer !!! :D:D:D

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 25, 2012
    PA
    I haven't posted here for a very long time, but... a less expensive option for squonking before diving into the expense of a REO...

$16.95 Authentic Eleaf Pico Squeeze 50W 18650 Mechanical Mod (Silver) - aluminum / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

disregard the reference to 50w...it's strictly a mechanical....I have 2 of these and love them...;)

And to put on it...a simple easy atty...

$10.08 Chalice IV Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 18mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I have problems with my hands and also buy pre-made coils from FT....easy peasy...:)

clnire

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    Florida

I agree! You may well love squonking! It's a bottom fed atomizer. Taste is like dripping cuz you squonk (squeeze the bottle which delivers juice from the bottle to the coil) and vape away.

@Debadoo! We need you!

clnire

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    I haven't posted here for a very long time, but... a less expensive option for squonking before diving into the expense of a REO...

$16.95 Authentic Eleaf Pico Squeeze 50W 18650 Mechanical Mod (Silver) - aluminum / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

disregard the reference to 50w...it's strictly a mechanical....I have 2 of these and love them...;)

$10.08 Chalice IV Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 18mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I have problems with my hands and also buy pre-made coils from FT....easy peasy...:)
    YES!

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 5, 2013
    In the Mountains
    @Debadoo! We need you![/QUOTE]

She shoulda been here by now. :( I swear you say Reo and and she pops right up.

:thumb: Thanks. I know FT recently started popping up with squonkers but have no idea which the good ones are, let alone what tank goes with them.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 25, 2012
    PA
    Some of us can't afford a REO, though I do have a mini that was gifted to me. It needs a repair, tab that fires it broke, and for the price of repair I can have two of the Pico squeezes. I actually prefer it, as the bottle on the side makes it easier to squonk/squeeze, and the battery is sealed off in a separate chamber where juice can't ever reach it.....Just my opinions...;)

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 7, 2015
    Sandbox, USSA

Hello furry person. What I did was take an old computer fan and a neodymium magnet from an old hard drive,
    put the magnet on the fan hub and sent off for a one inch magnetic stir bar. I have a radio amateur (ham) power supply but you can run the fan off an inexpensive adapter.
    Drop the stir bar in your flask or beaker, place container on fan, turn on and watch the vortex while you vape.

No shaking or spraying juice all over. That cute amazon mixer is for making foam on your expresso café
    or making smoothies
    Have Phun :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread