Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzy-Penny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Texas
So glad to hear you were able to work it out with your customer and she's understanding. Although it's going to be expensive at least she'll know it can be fixed and as near to original as possible. It's be another chapter in the story of it's life and now you're a part of it!

Janet, I too am of the opinion that even inanimate things can have a spirit all their own. I think of it more as absorbing (here comes a word from the 60s, but can't think of one to use instead) .... absorbing "vibes" from the people and emotions it has been exposed to. Even houses can be that way, as if the very wood in them radiates the atmosphere of their history. Maybe memories live more than just in our brain's memory cells? Ok ... sorry for the foray into this. I just relate to what you said to Willie and it reminded me of what I've experienced personally.

Willie, I didn't find your story about the young woman and her granddad's guitar boring. It's quite interesting, really. Wonderful that she cares enough to understand her grandfather's wishes, isn't it! My mother used to have a saying for situations like this (where one feels like, "Onoes!", and something so precious is involved). She said, "It just adds character to the piece." Probably the only way to try to look at things we wanted to keep in the original condition and circumstances dictate otherwise. Anyway, I'm glad you could fix it for her. A lot of people wouldn't have gone to the effort you have to give her options. You're a good guy. :)

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Anyone here ever have the charger designed for your battery kill your battery?

As you know, my younger sister is now vaping. After she started with my cig-a-likes and knew it would work she had me order her a 1300mAh ego battery along with the charger. After the second charge the battery gave up the ghost. Supplier sent out a replacement. Same thing happened. It lasted 2 days on the charge I put on it with my charger. 20 hrs on the second charge using her charger, 6 hours on the last charge and then nothing. It will no longer take a charge. Does anyone know if a charger can short out a battery? We have the same charger. 2 amp wall-wart and 420mAp cable. Before this one messed up she had me order her pretty red one. It is sitting here all charged up but am afraid to give it to her until I figure out what is causing the problem.

Hubby has the exact same battery from the same supplier and his works like a charm. I know she is getting frustrated so I am doing all I can to get to the bottom of this.

Fizzy-Penny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Texas
Actually, it's more of a Rhode Island accent with a hint of Maine. I still can't believe how much of it is still there when I hear my voice.

Wherever it's from, it's delightful to the ear! Charming sounds. (We don't hear much of it down here, so it was nice to listen to you.) So glad you and your family are safe and warm!

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Did I tell ya'll that hubby had his annual visit with his cardiologist and his heart sounds great. He'll reach his 3 years vaping on July 6th this year.
Both his Drs are thrilled that he's vaping and not smoking.

I am soo happy for your Hubby.

Almost anything - I still will not drink Sloe Gin. Got totally wasted on that when I was 15 years old, thought I was bleeding internally when it started coming back up/out. Have not had a drop of that since.

Been there, done that, only not with sloe gin...

Hey Fran, if your hubby can't get his truck going maybe he could try this -

Moose_zps168b6047.jpg

OMG! I gotta get me one of those. Just imagine what the neighbors would say!

Wherever it's from, it's delightful to the ear! Charming sounds. (We don't hear much of it down here, so it was nice to listen to you.) So glad you and your family are safe and warm!

So nice of you to say. I think I sound kind of dorky. But it is what it is. I used to work at a call center, and when my manager would make me listen to my calls to critique them, I couldn't believe how much of an accent I had.

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
Just a quick heads up. I'm not usually the one to try out new stuff, I always wait and see what everyone else thinks of it first before I try it because my funds are very limited and I hate to waste them on something I can't use. But lately I have even been disappointed with things that other people had good luck with. My problem seems to be I am a chain vapor so any tank I use is sludge by the time I get to the bottom, and it starts tasting burnt and off half way through. I-Vapes had the fairly new Evods and heads on sale, and I had a few dollars on hand so I went for it, and can I say I am glad I did? These little babies are working out great for me! First of all, they are a bottom coil, which I prefer for the slightly cooler vape, and I also find they don't mutilate the juice as fast. It's not a very big tank, which may be a drawback for some, but it is fine for me because I can actually run out of juice before I realize it because there is no change in the flavor. The flavor comes through cleanly for me from beginning to end! There are no visible fibers to burn either, another plus for me because every head I own get's tossed because the fibers burn out, not the actual head. Every T-2 I have will burn in half at the middle. The Evods have a replaceable coil at the bottom and after vaping for 2 solid days straight on the same one, alls I've done is rinsed it and the tube, dabbed it off, and went right back to vaping it again, no problem! The tanks come in steel colors with a slit in the side so you can see the juice level and were $5.95, and the coils come in a 5 pack for $7.45. And there is a code for a 5 or 10% discount too. They had a few more good deals I picked up while I was there, but I was really impressed with the Evods. I only got 2 but wish I had gotten at least 5. I will be getting more though. These would have to be my happiest vape yet! Obviously though, I am not average, so proceed at your own risk! But I'd like to hear back from you if you did try them!

Another quickie, with all the DIY talk, since I DIY all my juices, I know how it can whip through bottles, and they can add up. I also reuse what I can, but when I need new ones, this is the place to go, they are cheaper than anywhere else by far! They are not the sturdiest I've ever run across, but I have never had a problem with a single one either, so also highly recommended! ...Plastic Bottles...
Enjoy!!!

I bought 4 of the EVODS and absolutely love them for the same reasons you mentioned. The taste is the same at the end as it is in the beginning. I've yet to clean mine after 4 fills, but am ready to do that today.
I will definitely be getting more of these. Below is a picture of mine with a Spinner!

Oh, and I took advantage of those small plastic bottles and am awaiting shipment.....probably tomorrow......liking those precise tips.

View attachment 176945

Oh my - I did some searching and found a vendor in Canada with PURPLE EVODS. How can a girl resist and with two recomendations in one night :facepalm:

Of course I have to make the shipping worthwhile - so I ordered 3 of them, a 5 pack of replacement coils and a bunch of new flavors. Then I saw that they had free shipping on orders over $125 - so I added another MT3, some replacement T2 coils, another Mini Vivi Nova and a metal replacement tube in purple for the mini nova. I really was trying to be good. Oh well I am still not really spending more than what I was smoking :oops:

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Oh my - I did some searching and found a vendor in Canada with PURPLE EVODS. How can a girl resist and with two recomendations in one night :facepalm:

Of course I have to make the shipping worthwhile - so I ordered 3 of them, a 5 pack of replacement coils and a bunch of new flavors. Then I saw that they had free shipping on orders over $125 - so I added another MT3, some replacement T2 coils, another Mini Vivi Nova and a metal replacement tube in purple for the mini nova. I really was trying to be good. Oh well I am still not really spending more than what I was smoking :oops:

Oh Kari, you're a riot. I love the way you think. When the urge hits, you just gotta have free shipping!! What a smart shopper. You should be stocked up for awhile. It's going to be like Christmas when all your stuff arrives!

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
Oh Kari, you're a riot. I love the way you think. When the urge hits, you just gotta have free shipping!! What a smart shopper. You should be stocked up for awhile. It's going to be like Christmas when all your stuff arrives!

Not so sure my husband would agree :oops: he thought I was a little :banana: when I was kind of shaking with excitement when my purple spinner and purple MT3 arrived. I will try to contain myself a little this time :blush: and I still have to place my stocking up nic order :ohmy:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Oh Fran! I can't even imagine...

I can't either iffy.

Oh my Fran. I am so sorry to hear this. Keeping you and your family in my prayers during this terribly tragic time.

Thank you Mary

I've lost one.......so I know what it is. There just aren't words to express that can help at a time like this. Just wish I could reach out and hold you all in my arms until the tears finally dry.

I'm so sorry Yiddle. I just can't imagine the loss.

OMG Fran so sorry for your loss.my prayers for you and your family

Thank you tx

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Anyone here ever have the charger designed for your battery kill your battery?

As you know, my younger sister is now vaping. After she started with my cig-a-likes and knew it would work she had me order her a 1300mAh ego battery along with the charger. After the second charge the battery gave up the ghost. Supplier sent out a replacement. Same thing happened. It lasted 2 days on the charge I put on it with my charger. 20 hrs on the second charge using her charger, 6 hours on the last charge and then nothing. It will no longer take a charge. Does anyone know if a charger can short out a battery? We have the same charger. 2 amp wall-wart and 420mAp cable. Before this one messed up she had me order her pretty red one. It is sitting here all charged up but am afraid to give it to her until I figure out what is causing the problem.

Hubby has the exact same battery from the same supplier and his works like a charm. I know she is getting frustrated so I am doing all I can to get to the bottom of this.

It was the charger. Sis just called. The charger is toast. She plugged it in. It popped and then smoked. Fortunately she got it unplugged before it got any worse. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for her after this. I guess chargers can short out batteries.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread