• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

OMG, I'm seriously overloaded with info(newby alert lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Nanaimo, BC
Hi guys, I am new to this and started a thread in the newby section here to get the ball rolling after stumbling across some smoke nv at shoppers drug mart. Like anything I purchase I like to research a little before purchasing so I found this site and some bad reviews on the smoke nv so I'm glad I never bought that.

I am now looking at buying a great setup good for 15 smokes a day but don't want any hassles of running out or my battery going dead so now I'm trying to figure out what I need. I was looking at the 510t and the 808d since they are close to the size of a cigerette but now I am thinking these are going to be too small for me to get by. I have been to to look at maybe an ego t kit with boge cartomiser or a vision clearomiser but this doesn't mean much to me yet as I'm just learning this stuff

Can someone recommend a good setup for a pack a day smoker looking to quite smoking asap, I need to order online and I am located on Vancouver island so if you know a nic supplier close by that sells the starter kits as well please pm me with info so I can do a one stop shop. Also how many cartomizers or clearomisers should I have on hand? I gather 30ml of e liquid should last me about a month so now I just need to find a tobacco brand like players or dumarier type liquid with nic in like a medium strength(I smoke peter jackson lights atm, 10-15 a day).

Any advise from my fellow Canadians would be great. Just a note here that I just got the list of suppliers in a pm so I'm set that way just need to know whos good to deal with in BC. Thanks so much for the help guys and Happy Easter!!!:D
Kurt

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
If you don't want to be constantly changing batteries, and aren't stuck on having something the same size as a cigarette then grab an Ego. Canvape has quite a few different ones to choose form at more than reasonable prices. I also wouldn't recommend the 510T if you're looking for something simple, they can be quite finicky. IMO, you're definitely on the right track with trying Boge cartos, they're extremely popular and are my favourite, whether by themselves or in a tank. Clearomizers are another finicky thing and work great for some and are crap for others. You'll quickly find that a lot the pleasure in vaping depends on the user's preference and vaping style. My best advice, buy one or two clearos and try them out! See if they might be something you like.
You'll probably want to have at least 10 cartos on hand at any given time. Very seldom you'll get a bad Boge and have to throw it out, these companies produce so many cartos though that some are bound to be this way - believe me though, I do mean seldom. As for nic liquids, you can check out VaporGeek, they are in BC and have what you're looking for :) Here's the link: JUICE
I'm also sending you a PM with another piece of information that you might be interested in ;)

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
Last edited:

Slim Batz

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
As stated, Canvape is a good vendor and they ship xpresspost so you would have your gear in as few days. Boge cartos are good, as are the Kanger horizontal coils which they have in 510 thread if you go that way ... just to round out the discussion, they also carry the Vgo, which is Kangers big battery if you want to go 808d.

kurtus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Nanaimo, BC
I am really liking the idea of an ego kit, say 650mah and the 510 horizontal cartridges with a drip tip, saw a video and I really want to stay away from the flat tip cigar look so I think these horizontal 510 carts are the way to go with a lr atty. Thanks so much for all the replys guys I think I'm getting somewhere now just want to find the best price for what I am looking for so anywhere in Canada to start off with is fine and I'll just wait it out. I'm trying to find a supplier that can send it all in one shot, with the juices, are the ones that have a strength rating of /18mg/24mg/36mg for example nicotine content? Thanks

kurtus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Nanaimo, BC
CEV is where I bought my two Ego batteries and they are still going strong! Where abouts on the Island are you located, Kurtus? I'd be able to help you out with some freebie juice samples, etc. if you are close by and we can meet up.

I'm in Nanaimo and rarely head up that way but thanks for the nice offer there, maybe I could pay some shipping for it?

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Yup, any juice that allows you to select 12/18/24 etc etc it is talking about mg/ml. If it is nicotine free there won't be any options. I'm not sure about Kanger specifically but I can get at least a week out of a Boge carto vaping moderately to heavily. Boges hold 1.2ml of juice I believe, so Kanger is probably close to the same as they're the same size.

kurtus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Nanaimo, BC
Yup, any juice that allows you to select 12/18/24 etc etc it is talking about mg/ml. If it is nicotine free there won't be any options. I'm not sure about Kanger specifically but I can get at least a week out of a Boge carto vaping moderately to heavily. Boges hold 1.2ml of juice I believe, so Kanger is probably close to the same as they're the same size.

Horizontal kanger holds 2.3ml so thats perfect for a days worth I think.....time will tell.
Say I go with an ego t system of any brand will I need a different atomizer to make this work or does the kanger cart just fit it? Not sure what I need to get for the above video. Still a little confused but now I have my brother and Dad on board to quit so they are wanting to get whatever I get at the same time so looks like I need 3 of everything to boot lol

Am I needing an ego c or ego t to make the kangers work?

Last edited:

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
Just a regular Ego works fine, Kurtus. I have an Ego 650 mah and an Ego 1000 mah battery. I just screw on the Kanger cartos and go. It's kind of nice to have the protective 'cone' to screw on over top though. Makes it look better and protects the connector part too. I am a huge fan of the Kangers. I can baby one along forever! Well, a couple of weeks if I keep it topped up and DO NOT let it vape dry! That is the kiss of death for any carto. Once you get that dry, burnt taste, you might as well throw it out.

kurtus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Nanaimo, BC
Just a regular Ego works fine, Kurtus. I have an Ego 650 mah and an Ego 1000 mah battery. I just screw on the Kanger cartos and go. It's kind of nice to have the protective 'cone' to screw on over top though. Makes it look better and protects the connector part too. I am a huge fan of the Kangers. I can baby one along forever! Well, a couple of weeks if I keep it topped up and DO NOT let it vape dry! That is the kiss of death for any carto. Once you get that dry, burnt taste, you might as well throw it out.

what kind of atomizer is used with the kanger or are they ok for any ego type? sorry still a bit confused as to what the parts do and are required

Slim Batz

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Most standard Ego kits come with atomizers and cartridges, which is strange nowadays cause that is considered old technology. What you are talking about with the Kangers is a cartomizer ... a coined term meaning cartridge-atomizer ... a single unit containing both components. So, you fill the cartomizer, screw it onto the battery, and vape. If you get a kit with atomizers and cartridges, keep the atomizers at least ... once you get into it and surf this forum you will figure out what they can be used for. Initially at least, going with cartomizers is a good idea since they perform well and are easy to use. You may very well have to purchase them as an addition to your starter kit.

Slim Batz

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
How long a cartomizer lasts can really vary ... its really about how much e-juice you put thru it than actual time. It varies depending on the characteristics of the juice itself and your own attention to keeping it topped up ... I suppose part of it is how bad you are willing to let it get before you decide its done ... bad as in change in flavor, lower vapor production, tighter draw etc. Lighter thinner juices tend to be easier on cartos than thicker/darker. At my vape pace and the kind of juices I use, I'm lucky to get 3 days out of one, but I'm also pretty quick to toss it when performance starts to degrade. There are lots of opinions on cleaning them and how effective that is ... I'm not saying you can't ... I just don't. I'm a pretty basic vaper, I have a few pieces of basic gear, and boxes of Kanger 808D cartos. Even if I use one per day and trash it, its still WAY cheaper than smoking. Once you find a carto you like, buy in good size chunks ... especially if you find a deal... they don't go bad.

meedsy

Feb 1, 2012
North Vancouver
Hi Kurtus and welcome to ECf. Loads of info on here so you came to the right place! I started with the Ego T tank system and it was a good start but you are definitely on the right track with the Kanger cartos. It took me a few months to switch over but when I did I was amazed at the difference a good carto makes. Those Kangers will hit a lot harder, warmer and with better flavour than the Ego tanks. I moved to the lavatube or whatever other names they are called by different vendors with a tank and carto and they rule. IMHO knowing what I know now I would have just bought 3 1000mah Ego Batteries (regular or maybe 1 passthrough) and a few packs of the Kanger H-coils plus an ego charger to start and gone to variable voltage mods from there.

I find the Kanger Cartos last about a week before they start to lose their lustre for me and I vape about 4 ml a day. I have cleaned them and reused them for another 4-5 days and they work pretty well.

CEV is a great vendor on the island as well. Great customer service, good shipping time. I just wish they offered a few more options now that I have changed my vaping tendencies. Great place to get the basics though and I highly recommend them.

Hope this helps and congrats on making the change! I smoked for almost 20 years and was shocked how easy it was to change over to vaping!

kurtus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Nanaimo, BC
Hi Kurtus and welcome to ECf. Loads of info on here so you came to the right place! I started with the Ego T tank system and it was a good start but you are definitely on the right track with the Kanger cartos. It took me a few months to switch over but when I did I was amazed at the difference a good carto makes. Those Kangers will hit a lot harder, warmer and with better flavour than the Ego tanks. I moved to the lavatube or whatever other names they are called by different vendors with a tank and carto and they rule. IMHO knowing what I know now I would have just bought 3 1000mah Ego Batteries (regular or maybe 1 passthrough) and a few packs of the Kanger H-coils plus an ego charger to start and gone to variable voltage mods from there.

I find the Kanger Cartos last about a week before they start to lose their lustre for me and I vape about 4 ml a day. I have cleaned them and reused them for another 4-5 days and they work pretty well.

CEV is a great vendor on the island as well. Great customer service, good shipping time. I just wish they offered a few more options now that I have changed my vaping tendencies. Great place to get the basics though and I highly recommend them.

Hope this helps and congrats on making the change! I smoked for almost 20 years and was shocked how easy it was to change over to vaping!
This is exactly the info I needed to hear!! Thanks for your reply and setting my mind at ease a little on the whole situation, I was going crazy but I think I finally got it. I am getting setup with canvape now and looking at the ego c kit with 15 kanger h carts to start. Been getting really fast responses from Tom via email and he is being awesome with me in explaining things in detail as well.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, very helpful

HowlingBadger

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2012
Maple Ridge, BC, Canada
Hate to throw some new info at you when you seem to be figuring yourself out, but i have to let you know.

vapoursolutions.com is based in victoria and they offer pick-up for local buyers if you want to avoid shipping. They've got a pretty good deal on 1000Mah Joyetech ego passthroughs. The 1000Mah batteries will last you longer than the 650Mah ego-c batteries that you're looking into and the passthrough function means that you can use it while it's charging. The only downside is that it doesn't come with the ego-c atomizer system which is more advanced, but if you're planning on using cartomizers anyways this isn't really an issue for you. I believe they also stock the kanger cartos.

they have a link on their site to e-juicewizard (also victoria based) that sells nicotine liquid if you need it as well.

Sorry to add more info to the already heaping pile but i thought i'd let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread