OMG this place is insane!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindLvr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Erie, PA
Anyone heard of this place. Knockout Vapor Electronic Cigarettes and E Cig Supplies They opened up a kiosk in our local mall. They are charging $24 for a 15ml bottle of juice. The one that got me was their Ego-t knockoff calling it the original and charging a new product price of only $249.95 for a starter kit!!! What a deal!!!!! The guy working there could tell me nothing about any details. Only press the button and take a drag man. Ain't that nice??? I said it tastes burned. I pulled out my Joyetech Ego 1000Mah passthrough battery, and said oh you have a copy of our product. There is a lot of them out there and they are all cheaply made. He told me my budsapphire was last year's technology and this cartomizer will do the trick much better for me. He said what I really needed what a dual coil carto tank for my Ego battery. I asked him what resistance it was running at he replied it holds 3ml sir. Oh man and the tank was on sale for $39.95. It was basically a Notta Tank just like Stormy sells with a dual coil carto. Wow this place is gonna hurt want to be new vapers!

Demo

Jan 24, 2012
Seoul Korea
Well, they are a rip off, no doubt, but there's a sucker born every minute. People buy Louis Vuitton bags when a plastic one does the same thing. Go back and push them harder for info: where is this manufactured? Who is your supplier? Should be good for a laugh to watch them squirm. I am going to go to the site and email these and some other questions. I will post back if I get a reply.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
These guys only have One mod and it's not a VV. I'd say thie product isn't even superior to my Lavatube - or heck - even a MadVapes VV.

They do not say what voltage thier batteries are or the ohm rating of the atomizers ( the do say Low ohms to distinguish it from their other model which doesn't even say High) Thier atties are 25 and 30 dollars!

So.. this place has kiosks in more than one mall?? - with such few products?? - And such high prices??

I know mall stores charge more because they have high rent but these people even manage to make the high mall vendors look super cheap.

I'm thinking they are run by the Mafia and are cleaning some dirty money.

ChinMullet

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
Outer Space
At the local mall kiosk, the wife of one of the guys at work paid about $100 for a KR808 kit with two batteries, a USB pigtail charger, and 10 generic carts that don't have the nicotine content printed on the label or the product. That kiosk sells 5 pack prefilled cartomizers for $18.00. A similar kit would cost half that at our sponsor sites.

But ignorance is bliss. He hasn't had a cigarette since Christmas.

...and I now have him pointed to smokelessimage.com and the Volt, so this story has a happy ending. :)

Filibuster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
Tacoma Washington
The only good thing about the Kiosks for me is when I saw one, it triggered in my mind that I should look ecigs up online. That's what made me find this forum. I didn't spend money on their junk, so I started with decent gear at a whole lot less money.

Same here. Actually I spent a lot more money, but I have a bunch of quality gear to show for it! :toast:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    With their kiosk business model you are looking at multi level marketing, and they guy running the kiosk wants to earn a living too. That makes it a lot more expensive than ordering a Bolt or little 510 from MadVapes. This is the same business model used by your popular cell phone companies, and why cell phones are so expensive.
    At least they are selling a 510, ego clone, and the bolt instead of 808-D2's.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 15, 2012
    Arizona
    Unreal. What a joke.. I looked at their website... Let me get one of those 510 kits for $129.00... And how about the $21.00 20ml juice... They claim it will last for months, even with heavy vaping....lol
    And not forget the great deals on the 510 atomizers, WOW they are only $30.00 a piece......

Update.... So I contacted the website and the owner e-mailed me back... Actually a pretty nice guy. He explained to me that his business is a retail type, so he is not competing with online vendors. has much more overhead with store fronts and employees. Does offer a lifetime warrenty which can add to the costs. I will say at least they do sell a 510 setup for the novice user to get a start in the world of e-cigs.. Plus their juices are USA made and they will make any PG/VG ratio you want... Thay do have a discount code for online buyers....
    kov50 for a 50% discount which brings their products more in line price wise...

Last edited:

Mud Stuffin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2011
    Concord, NC
    Unreal. What a joke.. I looked at their website... Let me get one of those 510 kits for $129.00... And how about the $21.00 20ml juice... They claim it will last for months, even with heavy vaping....lol
    And not forget the great deals on the 510 atomizers, WOW they are only $30.00 a piece......

And let's not forget the $24 aluminum drip tips!

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    I just stopped into the mall kiosk here as the guy who runs it knows me and they always like seeing what new stuff I have. They sell a pretty decent 808 there that at least works even though it's still over priced.

They have started selling an Ego tank style with 1300mah batteries which they are selling for $200. I asked how much 1 battery would cost and they said $49.95. Normally, I would balk at that, but they do have a lifetime warranty on it so it would actually pay for itself in not too much time and they were good quality batteries.

Their liquid is still way overpriced and they had to look up the voltage of the batteries, etc but they weren't completely clueless. They did like my Stardusts and asked for more info on them.

After looking into the costs of a kiosk, I can somewhat understand the markup. Around here, kiosks run $3k-8k/mo depending on the season. Add that to employee overhead, insurance and product cost and it's a lot more pricey than having an online store. I'm still not sure it's worth quite the markup they put on it though.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 29, 2011
    Indiana
    I am not sure what all the guy who emailed u said, but he got pretty snippy with me ( not that it's a big deal, I told him his prices were outrageous, so I had it coming I guess ) but I have heard on here and other places that they basically brain wash ppl into believing this "built for the ground up" crap. They get these ppl thinking that they have the best gear and all our stuff is knockoffs. I can't respect the guy even if he is selling legit stuff, he ( or at least his "trained employees" ) have seriously shady business practices, IMO

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread