OMG, vaping heaven : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

nephilim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
So-Cal
I vaped for the first time today at 5volts and I gotta tell ya that I have soooo been missing out!! I cant wait to try even higher......

I think that you will see that 5V is the perfect vape if you go higher the taste will be just charcoal but at 5V you get the flavor, TH and vapor production perfectly.. just my 2 cents though.

vaporjoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What did you get Joey?

Well, I was waiting for my x haler to arrive ( Wont get here till mon or tues) so i just made a usb passthrough from an old usb cable and soldered some extra parts i had layin around. Looks like a frankenstein invention. lol.

vaporjoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Bahhh!! i want a 5v mod so bad I can taste it, but cant afford!!! I need to save up lol

If u have any soldering skills at all it is very easy to find just about everthing around ur house. My little project cost me $0.00 : ) BTW: If ur gonna build some crazy sh@t like this DO NOT plug it into a really nice laptop or pc. I happen to have tons of older crappy pc's that i use for parts....

Last edited:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I vaped for the first time today at 5volts and I gotta tell ya that I have soooo been missing out!! I cant wait to try even higher......

5v is the sweet spot..

You can also get 5v mod boxes that do very well for like 30 bucks and a couple of 14500 battys to go with it,, No need to spend a fortune on a 5 or 6 volter if you dont want to..

vaporjoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What cartos etc do you use with a 5v. Do you need high resistance cartos or attys? Even vaping my 808 with a passthru isn't very good. The flavor gets lost. Just hot vapor. I can't figure out how to vape at a higher voltage and still get good taste.

I have used 510 attys since day one and the flavor at 5 volts is amazing. Don't know about cartos as i have never used em.

VRubin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2010
Illinois
If u have any soldering skills at all it is very easy to find just about everthing around ur house. My little project cost me $0.00 : ) BTW: If ur gonna build some crazy sh@t like this DO NOT plug it into a really nice laptop or pc. I happen to have tons of older crappy pc's that i use for parts....
No, I absolutely have no soldering skills. Never done it before in my life... I'd probably lose a few fingers and an eye if I tried lol.

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky
Is a PT without the inline battery 5V? Just plugged into a USB port, nothing fancy.

That's your problem right there. Most ports won't provide enough power (even tho there are some that swear they do), and is not even worth the risk to your PC, motherboard, power supply, etc. It can possibly fry your entire PC, PT's are not USB rated, and really not designed to accurately use the USB port to power it (way too many variables and power fluctuations created by the PT)

Stick with a wall adapter with the USB ports, and try to get one that powers at 5v, 1000mAh or higher (the more power you can supply, the better ;)), and with at least 1a per port (otherwise it won't power the PT)

One such as this one http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-Power-Adapt...er_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item414eefebde would work just fine I think :)

Alternatively, a USB port hub would work as well, as long as it has the required ratings :)

Last edited by a moderator:

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
I agree... 5v is where its at.. I know you gotta try 6v... you just have to, its in the by-laws of vaping, but you will go back to 5!! I have a 3.7/6v Silver Bullet and I find myself using the 3.7 mostly. I bought it because I had to try 6v!
Yep. 5V is where it's at. I've only heard negative things about 6v, so I doubt I'll try. Will I be arrested for breaking the law?8-o

Is a PT without the inline battery 5V? Just plugged into a USB port, nothing fancy.

I don't think so, Jules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread