OMG... You think e-cigs look like paraphernalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellinghamster

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Bellingham, WA USA
I sometimes get weird looks when using some of my e-cigs that don't look like "normal" cigarettes.

But WOW... If you really want to turn heads, bust one of these out at a party:

I think any cop in my area would haul my @$$ down to the station for a long talk if I had one of these on me (prolly to figure out how I had married ....... and absinthe)

That said... I'm almost powerless to not purchase some...

EDIT: Has anyone used this stuff? Any good?

REEDIT: Nothing illegal here, it's actually just nasal snuff :)

Last edited:

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
TB/Pete - I am right here with Mohave... Can you explain it to us?

Just as Ed said, the small handle loads a measured amount of snuff and you just snuff. As I said earlier, I'm sure it was invented for other substances but they are great for snuff. I've got 8 of them, each loaded with a different flavour.
Far less messy than a traditional snuff box.

Mohave

ECF Veteran
...the small handle loads a measured amount of snuff and you just snuff...
I guess I can sort of get it now, and thank you for taking the trouble to patiently explain. I think I may want to try the stuff one of these days, and that gizmo sounds useful, even though I'm still not sure if I'll know how to do it right without someone showing me, but at least I know I won't be trying to poke the thing in the wrong orifice.

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Just as Ed said, the small handle loads a measured amount of snuff and you just snuff. As I said earlier, I'm sure it was invented for other substances but they are great for snuff. I've got 8 of them, each loaded with a different flavour.

Is it a mist? I have never tried snuff. Always been a cigarette smoker.

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com

Perhaps, but not quite so appealing to share - I'll always offer a pinch of snuff, but noone else is sticking my bullet up their nose! :)

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
Is it a mist? I have never tried snuff. Always been a cigarette smoker.

finely ground tobacco powder, usually flavoured with an assortment of aromas. You take a pinch, and sniff it up your nose - the nicotine rush is faster and harder than smoking, since a decent pinch has about a cigarette-worth of Nicotine in it, all hitting your brain in one go :)

You can't beat J&H Wilson No.1 for everyday use I think (comes in little blue boxes, and seems to be more commonly stocked in decent tobacconists since the smoking ban kicked in,) but I always look in at G.Smith's Snuff Shop in Charing Cross Road whenever I'm in London - amazing place! The Smith family are no longer running it, but it's still the highlight of any trip to London for me. If you get the chance, don't miss it, if only for the wonderful smell of a hundred blends of snuff harmonizing around you :)

Kiviuq

Mar 2, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Hookahs are not for drugs, you smoke flavored tobacco out of them, they're awesome. Look it up. They originated in the middle east area and have been used for hundreds of years, everyone who sees one thinks its for drugs.

What about this:

http://www.royalsmokers.com/e-hookahweb.jpg

I can just see the law having a field day with this. The FDA will have another thing to gripe about (its turning e-smokers into future potheads)...

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
finely ground tobacco powder, usually flavoured with an assortment of aromas. You take a pinch, and sniff it up your nose - the nicotine rush is faster and harder than smoking, since a decent pinch has about a cigarette-worth of Nicotine in it, all hitting your brain in one go :)

You can't beat J&H Wilson No.1 for everyday use I think (comes in little blue boxes, and seems to be more commonly stocked in decent tobacconists since the smoking ban kicked in,) but I always look in at G.Smith's Snuff Shop in Charing Cross Road whenever I'm in London - amazing place! The Smith family are no longer running it, but it's still the highlight of any trip to London for me. If you get the chance, don't miss it, if only for the wonderful smell of a hundred blends of snuff harmonizing around you :)

Thank you. I think I might have to try some to see what all the "snuff's" about. ;)

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
Hookahs are not for drugs, you smoke flavored tobacco out of them, they're awesome. Look it up. They originated in the middle east area and have been used for hundreds of years, everyone who sees one thinks its for drugs.

Flavored tobacco?? TOBACCO!!! DRUGS! DRUGS!! Filthy nicotine addicts, corrupting society, vaping in public! Kill! Kill!! KILL!!!!!

did you know that in 1633, the Sultan Murad IV decreed the death penalty for smoking tobacco within the bounds of the Ottoman Empire?

I kinda think I'm going to end my days in a camp - what goes around comes around. The health fascists won't be happy until we're processed into soylent beige? (well hell, there's enough nicotine in me no amount of post mortem ideology's gonna turn me green! :))

Mohave

ECF Veteran
I always suspected there was something fishy 'bout that sultan. One of my least favorites.

Wikipedia:

Murad IV also banned alcohol, tobacco, and coffee in Istanbul. He ordered execution for breaking this ban. He would patrol the streets and taverns of İstanbul in civilian clothes at night, policing the enforcement of his command. If, while patrolling the streets, he saw a subject using tobacco or alcohol, he would kill the person on the spot with his mace. Towards the end of his reign, Murad became a homicidal maniac, killing people indiscriminately.

<SNIP>

Murad IV, who had outlawed alcohol, died in Istanbul at the age of 27 from cirrhosis of the liver in 1640.

Mohave

ECF Veteran
The little bit I've read about snuff so far suggests that it has a short quick effect, more like a cigarette than the smokeless tobaccos, and this leads me to suspect that I might find it useful as an occasional supplement while using the slower more gradual acting "snus" form of tobacco. Is this a sensible plan?

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
The little bit I've read about snuff so far suggests that it has a short quick effect, more like a cigarette than the smokeless tobaccos, and this leads me to suspect that I might find it useful as an occasional supplement while using the slower more gradual acting "snus" form of tobacco. Is this a sensible plan?

Possibly - but only you can know for sure.
More to the point, it's absurdly enjoyable! Get hold of some Poschl's raspberry snuff if you can - that stuff is so fruity it's almost olfactorily psychedelic. The entire world smells of raspberries for hours afterwards, until the experience is positively surreal. You forget there's anything other than raspberries in existence :)
And you can take it anywhere - no combustion = not covered by the smoking ban.

Just don't turn up at a square friend's party, and cut it into lines on a mirror (just for a laugh,) and invite people to come and snort - I did that once, and it didn't go down well at all :)

Bellinghamster

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Bellingham, WA USA
Just don't turn up at a square friend's party, and cut it into lines on a mirror (just for a laugh,) and invite people to come and snort - I did that once, and it didn't go down well at all :)

I had a similar experience chopping up menthol crystals on my desk (to facilitate the dissolving process) when my wife walked in. It didn't help when I explained the crystals were for smoking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread