Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Yes. Everybody has, or has had, that problem. We call it called "vaper's tongue." What's happening is, you've stopped poisoning your taste buds and they're freaking out. They'll heal, eventually, but it takes a while. What you should do now is drink water-- lots of water, you're dehydrated and probably don't know it-- and switch up flavors with something strong to "reinvigorate" your taste buds. Smelling ground coffee is said to help. Get a bottle of strong flavored juice and swap; cinnamon, strong mints like peppermint or spearmint, menthol. Something. Get off your regular flavor and give your tongue something else to do for a while. I vape three different flavors every day. I do Cinnamon as my all day vape when I am out and about; and when I get home, I alternate between peppermint and clove. I use mech mods and drippers at home, so I vape a dripper-full of one flavor, refill it, and switch to the other for the next dripper, and so on. Brush your teeth, or go to the dentist and have them cleaned. Use mouthwash. Try a mint or cinnamon candy. Get a different flavor in your mouth for some comparison.

Reactions: haleysdadda

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
Yes. Everybody has, or has had, that problem. We call it called "vaper's tongue." What's happening is, you've stopped poisoning your taste buds and they're freaking out. They'll heal, eventually, but it takes a while. What you should do now is drink water-- lots of water, you're dehydrated and probably don't know it-- and switch up flavors with something strong to "reinvigorate" your taste buds. Smelling ground coffee is said to help. Get a bottle of strong flavored juice and swap; cinnamon, strong mints like peppermint or spearmint, menthol. Something. Get off your regular flavor and give your tongue something else to do for a while. I vape three different flavors every day. I do Cinnamon as my all day vape when I am out and about; and when I get home, I alternate between peppermint and clove. I use mech mods and drippers at home, so I vape a dripper-full of one flavor, refill it, and switch to the other for the next dripper, and so on. Brush your teeth, or go to the dentist and have them cleaned. Use mouthwash. Try a mint or cinnamon candy. Get a different flavor in your mouth for some comparison.
What he said!
Welcome @kemesha key :hubba::headbang::vapor:

Reactions: suprtrkr

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Every year at the November time change (that hour doesn't count, right?), my wife and I would go out on the patio and smoke a cigar or two. The first year we were just 2-3 months into vaping, and boy was that cigar good. The second year it was meh. The third year we couldn't bear them and snuffed them out right away. This year would have been the fourth year, but we didn't bother.

It will pass, but it can take some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread