On habits and learning

Status
Not open for further replies.

seamist

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Pacific Northwest, WA USA
Been vaping for a few days now and it's mostly going well.

For me, I am interested more in being able to smoke in my apartment (and minimizing my trips outside to the balcony) without worrying about the smell pestering my neighbors. Lately I've been feeling like a teenager when I have my morning smoke and coffee since I have the window open without the fan pointing out (a bit brisk in the winter time) and am spraying air freshener very other puff. Not the best way to ease into the day.

Ordered the Pilot, some carts and juice from PureSmoker. Great communication and very fast shipping, even with a holiday - gotta love that.

After reading my way through the forum and watching some of the videos, I was prepared for much of what to do. Especially appreciate Spikey visually demonstrating refilling the cart. I needed to see that to really understand the process.

Many thanks to the members here for all the helpful pointers in posts and vids. Also liked Steve's vids on his website - very straightforward and informative.

Even with all the reading, some parts were easier to get than others.
On the 1st day, I wasn't getting much vapor or satisfaction. And my bottom lip felt dry and had a small sore spot - think I got some eliquid on it.
Put it down for the day and thought, well, it should still be fine to serve my needs.

Next day, I tried again with somewhat better results. Took a slightly longer drag and that helped a bit. Started thinking about the process of vaping these and decided that I needed to examine my own process of smoking to figure out how to improve.

I've smoked for a long time now and like most habits, haven't given much thought or attention to the details of how I do it.

Went outside and lit up and found that I actually take fairly quick and short puffs, then inhale and then often exhale more than once, getting out most, then a smaller amount I guess I hold back in for a time. Doing this helped me realize that I needed to use a significantly longer draw than what I use on cigs to get the best out of my e-cig. Been doing that and it's made a huge difference - from just being ok to being quite nice. Still smoking analogs, but was actually stunned by how few I smoked on Sunday compared to my normal intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread