The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

On hold, pending GST and/or Duty/Control Authority approval.

Discussion in 'SG Vapers' started by Karaer, Jul 24, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Karaer

Karaer New Member

Jul 24, 2019
    This message I’ve received when tracking my parcel today. Could anyone shed a light on what will happen when getting this? This is my first time.

Serious answers please, anyone who’s been in the same situation please englihten me on what is gonna happen. Thanks so much.

2. GOMuniEsq

GOMuniEsq Self-Proclaimed Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Canadian eh? I'd say that your item has been selected for inspection by the Border Services Agency (BSA). They may open it to confirm that the contents match the description and value on the shipping label. They'll also calculate the duty and GST owed. They'll relabel your package and send it on as a collect package, so you'll need to pay the balance at the time of receipt to your mailman or courier.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Karaer

Karaer New Member

Jul 24, 2019
    Singaporean, I doubt it's due to the GST owed. It's barred here, so I'm looking for the Singaporeans who've experienced similar situation as me whether it'll be a fine or a warning or something worser..

4. GOMuniEsq

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Whoops my mistake for answering in a location-specific forum without realizing.

5. codename_moo

codename_moo Full Member

May 3, 2019
    I'm curious to know too. Please share with us if you have any update.

6. Louisedelaure

Louisedelaure New Member

Aug 7, 2019

Hi ya there i got the same issue today...im freaking out but well lets see..

7. leeahlow

leeahlow Full Member

Oct 31, 2014
    from what I heard, based on past experiences. they will send a letter to you to pick it up from HSA. did not know of anyone that went and pickup the parcel.

8. Louisedelaure

Louisedelaure New Member

Aug 7, 2019
    What happens if we dont go and pick up the parcel?

9. Louisedelaure

Louisedelaure New Member

Aug 7, 2019
    Alright, its like a warning letter....lets just not import anything from overseas then

• Like Like x 1
  10. VforVape

VforVape Full Member

Mar 9, 2018
    S-E Asia
  11. smoak177

smoak177 New Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Any updates on this? My parcel just got marked as prohibited item from shopee after it failed to pass customs

12. NeoSmith

NeoSmith New Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Me too. Will there be any repercussions?

13. GOMuniEsq

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    You live in a country where people do their jobs meticulously, and authorities don't give lawbreakers the benefit of the doubt. They've made possession a crime. How dumb do you have to be to talk about it on a public forum? Seek out a black market and stop leaving breadcrumbs.

14. Babayaga1983

Babayaga1983 Full Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Care to share with me the "black market" . Thanks boss