The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

* ON SALE NOW * GV VISION EGO STARDUST 1.4 Sealed easy fill Special Top COIL, No WICKS HANGING, 2.5 to 2.7ohms, THICK COIL so break em in.

Discussion in 'MyVape' started by badkolo, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. wwturner

wwturner Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2011
    Catoosa, OK
    Blowing on the coil! :facepalm:

That's what probably killed em. I did that with the intentions of blowing any burned residue ash off the coil.

Oh well. Once my baby girl finally gets to come home from the hospital, maybe I'll finally have enough time to take my 2 dead ones apart, rewick and recoil them.

2. burns_erin

burns_erin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2010
    The ArmPit of Texas
    It's the little things that trip you up, lol. Blow, yes! But only after they cool.

3. badkolo

badkolo ECF Guru ECF Veteran

oK IM DROPPING lr STARDUSTS RIGHT NOW, THERE IS ABOUT 50 LEFT AFTER COUNTING.

4. LordDavon

LordDavon Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2010
    Florida
    I got mine in yesterday. I only got to keep one. Everyone at work bagged the other 3. I hope they pay me! :facepalm:

5. Briar

Briar Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Stardusts are like a plague - in a good way. Very contagious.

6. LordDavon

LordDavon Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2010
    Florida
    It's okay Briar. I have 8 more on the way. ;-)

7. burns_erin

Mar 22, 2010
    The ArmPit of Texas
    Speaking of stardusts, I've got a friends who tried a new juice in his, a juice that turned out to be completely awful. And the smell/taste will not come out. Hes rinsed and rinsed and peroxide soaked and dried and dry burned. I've also suggested pga and also running a tank of plain pg.

Can any one else think of another way to save this stardust?

8. badkolo

badkolo ECF Guru ECF Veteran

if the juice is one of those like your describing, then its almost impossible, ive had some like that and had to toss them, now im a pesty one so i have gone further to see what helps, try lemon juice and vinegar, the 2 combines should counter act it, let it soak in that solution for a few hours, then a massive hot water rinse.

do not use denture tablets, you can use 420 natural but if your dont know how to properly clean off the residue then just go for the lomeno juice and vinegar, together mixed up.

9. burns_erin

Mar 22, 2010
    The ArmPit of Texas
    Thanks! I'll tell him.

10. antfuzz

antfuzz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2010
    Delaware
    burns_erin,

Out of curiosity was the juice a “organic” type juice?

11. RockinRobbieSF

RockinRobbieSF Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    May be careful with lemon juice. I just had a Stardust break apart using a lemonade juice (LOL from Kick Bass).

12. burns_erin

Mar 22, 2010
    The ArmPit of Texas
    I don't think so. Hope it's ok to post this here, but it was halo Smooth 8. Nothing against them, but apparently, and I'm sure it's good to know, this flavor doesn't like to come out of stardusts.

13. Briar

Briar Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I had one like that - burnt my coffee juice in it. I got it out, but what it took was a month (yes, a month) of sitting in a vodka bath. Before that I tried everything I could lay my hands on. But it is ok now.

14. Christopherdav1d

Christopherdav1d Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2011
    Milford, CT
    Me too. Lost one from Cherry limeaid. Any acidic lemon, lime, cinnamon etc. funny thing is it only took a few minutes. Didn't even break it in and it cracked up on me

15. RockinRobbieSF

RockinRobbieSF Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    Doesn't that suck! I was laying on the couch watching TV and vaping, suddenly there was a mess of hot liquid all over my chest! (Er, did that come out wrong?)

Badkolo, any chance that we'll see this design using the fluxo material? That'd make them more juice friendly and (hopefully) easier to pull apart and clean!

16. vapspaz

vapspaz Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2010
    SC
    Yes it did. LOL And I have properly posted it in the appropriate thread. :D

And yup. I agree with the material change. They shouldn't have gone down this road again. :2c:

17. timandolly

timandolly Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2011
    SE VA
    we need new tubes that are inspected from the factory and not cracked when they are sent and blank tubes for the ones are cracked.

18. samsun

samsun Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    United States, M.A.
    How about vinager soak, could also add some baking soda. These to are great at getting rid of smells.

19. samsun

samsun Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    United States, M.A.
    Opp's, that post was ment for burns-Erin. Trying to get smell of juice out of stardust

20. TruSound

TruSound Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2011
    Granada Hills, Ca
    Just a heads up here gang...I just got off a 16 hour flight back from India, make sure you fly with your Stardust tanks near empty, they don't seem to like the change in pressure, the 2 that were in my little Pelican case and 3/4 full were empty at the end of both my outbound and return flights.

I got home to the new LR models...WOW, what a difference in flavor and TH, even after only 15 minutes of use, I suspect they'll get even better, love these things !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.