* ON SALE NOW * GV VISION EGO STARDUST 1.4 Sealed easy fill Special Top COIL, No WICKS HANGING, 2.5 to 2.7ohms, THICK COIL so break em in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwturner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Catoosa, OK
first off, thank you.

dry burns will shorten the life but as many here can attest too and many old timers here, if done properly it can be repeated many times with no issue but of coarse even a good looking coil can pop early..

dont blow on your coil when dry burning.

I think using the butane method retains more of the coils life even though your heating it from an external source but i think that what also preserves it longer.

As to the solvent, yes it does, in 5 minutes the gunk breaks apart and off, then after washing it off a little quick burst just for the kick of it and its good to go, the issue is the solvent was still residuey and takes a long good clean to remove it, very soapy even after they lightened it for me, they did email and say they will attempt 2 more samples, i even sent them a few cartos so they see what i mean by being to residuey, while this is ok for experienced users, we cant sell it if its to residuey, it needs to clean off easy, which i do believe is possible and they will get there.

Blowing on the coil! :facepalm:

That's what probably killed em. I did that with the intentions of blowing any burned residue ash off the coil.

Oh well. Once my baby girl finally gets to come home from the hospital, maybe I'll finally have enough time to take my 2 dead ones apart, rewick and recoil them.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Blowing on the coil! :facepalm:

That's what probably killed em. I did that with the intentions of blowing any burned residue ash off the coil.

Oh well. Once my baby girl finally gets to come home from the hospital, maybe I'll finally have enough time to take my 2 dead ones apart, rewick and recoil them.

It's the little things that trip you up, lol. Blow, yes! But only after they cool.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Speaking of stardusts, I've got a friends who tried a new juice in his, a juice that turned out to be completely awful. And the smell/taste will not come out. Hes rinsed and rinsed and peroxide soaked and dried and dry burned. I've also suggested pga and also running a tank of plain pg.

Can any one else think of another way to save this stardust?

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
if the juice is one of those like your describing, then its almost impossible, ive had some like that and had to toss them, now im a pesty one so i have gone further to see what helps, try lemon juice and vinegar, the 2 combines should counter act it, let it soak in that solution for a few hours, then a massive hot water rinse.

do not use denture tablets, you can use 420 natural but if your dont know how to properly clean off the residue then just go for the lomeno juice and vinegar, together mixed up.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
if the juice is one of those like your describing, then its almost impossible, ive had some like that and had to toss them, now im a pesty one so i have gone further to see what helps, try lemon juice and vinegar, the 2 combines should counter act it, let it soak in that solution for a few hours, then a massive hot water rinse.

do not use denture tablets, you can use 420 natural but if your dont know how to properly clean off the residue then just go for the lomeno juice and vinegar, together mixed up.

Thanks! I'll tell him.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
burns_erin,

Out of curiosity was the juice a “organic” type juice?

I don't think so. Hope it's ok to post this here, but it was halo Smooth 8. Nothing against them, but apparently, and I'm sure it's good to know, this flavor doesn't like to come out of stardusts.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Speaking of stardusts, I've got a friends who tried a new juice in his, a juice that turned out to be completely awful. And the smell/taste will not come out. Hes rinsed and rinsed and peroxide soaked and dried and dry burned. I've also suggested pga and also running a tank of plain pg.

Can any one else think of another way to save this stardust?

I had one like that - burnt my coffee juice in it. I got it out, but what it took was a month (yes, a month) of sitting in a vodka bath. Before that I tried everything I could lay my hands on. But it is ok now.

Christopherdav1d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Milford, CT
May be careful with lemon juice. I just had a Stardust break apart using a lemonade juice (LOL from Kick Bass).

Me too. Lost one from Cherry limeaid. Any acidic lemon, lime, cinnamon etc. funny thing is it only took a few minutes. Didn't even break it in and it cracked up on me

RockinRobbieSF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
San Francisco, CA
www.lusternia.com
Me too. Lost one from Cherry limeaid. Any acidic lemon, lime, cinnamon etc. funny thing is it only took a few minutes. Didn't even break it in and it cracked up on me

Doesn't that suck! I was laying on the couch watching TV and vaping, suddenly there was a mess of hot liquid all over my chest! (Er, did that come out wrong?)

Badkolo, any chance that we'll see this design using the fluxo material? That'd make them more juice friendly and (hopefully) easier to pull apart and clean!

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Doesn't that suck! I was laying on the couch watching TV and vaping, suddenly there was a mess of hot liquid all over my chest! (Er, did that come out wrong?)

Yes it did. LOL And I have properly posted it in the appropriate thread. :D

And yup. I agree with the material change. They shouldn't have gone down this road again. :2c:

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
Just a heads up here gang...I just got off a 16 hour flight back from India, make sure you fly with your Stardust tanks near empty, they don't seem to like the change in pressure, the 2 that were in my little Pelican case and 3/4 full were empty at the end of both my outbound and return flights.

I got home to the new LR models...WOW, what a difference in flavor and TH, even after only 15 minutes of use, I suspect they'll get even better, love these things !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread