The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

* ON SALE NOW * GV VISION EGO STARDUST 1.4 Sealed easy fill Special Top COIL, No WICKS HANGING, 2.5 to 2.7ohms, THICK COIL so break em in.

Discussion in 'MyVape' started by badkolo, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BonnyC

BonnyC Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    Georgia
    Thanks y'all! I think I might take the plunge, you've really put my mind at ease. Especially if it's similar to the dongle at red setting.

I think I'll order one when they come back in stock. I hope it doesn't take as long as it has been for things to get back in stock :( I will have to put in an order soon because my mom's wanting 2 more micro stretches and my uncle wants one, too. And, honestly, I'd like another myself!

2. badkolo

badkolo ECF Guru ECF Veteran

i have wick and coil, if anyone wants it just ask for it in comments on your order.

THIS IS JUST FOR OUR ECF FAMILY, this will not be on the site, if oyu want wick and coil just ask for it with your order.

3. SuperLuckyLady

SuperLuckyLady Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Makes sense.

I'm thinking that unbuffered juices may be the problem. That is, ones made by adding lemon juice or vinegar alone, as opposed to something like tart and sour, which also contains a weak acid salt to control the pH.

Feel free to ignore me - the chemist in me is just musing away here........

4. antfuzz

antfuzz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2010
    Delaware
  5. SuperLuckyLady

Dec 27, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, I read most of that a while back. I don't remember them talking about buffering for pH control, although I might have missed it. I'll take another look.

6. antfuzz

Dec 19, 2010
    Delaware
    Towards the end of the thread it got to be very technical and everybody was getting their litmus papers out and testing all their juices.

7. antfuzz

Dec 19, 2010
    Delaware
    Hi bad,

Can you tell me what kind of wire you have in stock and also what gauge? Is it kanthal or nichrome?

Thanks

8. SuperLuckyLady

Dec 27, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Thanks, I'll take another look. Probably never made it to the end... :)

9. Adik Ted

Adik Ted Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2009
    Scotland
    An admirable offer badkolo.

10. RockinRobbieSF

RockinRobbieSF Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    Indeed a great offer!

BTW, for those who are having trouble taking apart the Stardust, please refer to my latest video:

11. Big Screen D

Big Screen D Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    Georgia
  12. TruSound

TruSound Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2011
    Granada Hills, Ca
    Your how to videos are great and much appreciated Robbie...however, cleaning every other day seems quite excessive, and for me, would get quite old very quickly, kinda like my old Ego T/C with all the maintience it required.

I just don't see how the Stardust tank seal would hold up being removed and reinstalled every other day...just my 2 cents.

13. burns_erin

burns_erin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2010
    The ArmPit of Texas
    It's going to depend very much on what juice you are using, I probably clean mine every 30-40 ml of use. I don't take mine apart though either...

14. RockinRobbieSF

Jan 6, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah, it may be excessive. Perhaps every three days! I also have gotten into the habit of changing juices often--for some reason I have dozens of 10 ml bottles that I've been getting to try out different juices! (And results of laziness of filling a different juice in an unclean tank have not been well received.)

15. Big Screen D

Big Screen D Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    Georgia
    I do a bit of DIY.

One of the benefits of this device is it's easier to clean out than a regular atty. Great for taste testing. I've even added flavor directly to the tank on occasion.

16. byggd

byggd Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2011
    So Cal
    I wish mine lasted that long. I've yet to find anything that doesn't gunk up within 10 ml of use.

17. TruSound

TruSound Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2011
    Granada Hills, Ca
    I received 4 low resistance Stardust units this past Friday, one of the 4 has already developed a crack at the usual base of the tank spot, very disheartening.

One other wierd issue, wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

After vaping Bobas Bounty, Malty Toffee or Cherry Vanilla...I've been getting a strange tickling sensation in my nose, and general nasal congestion, I don't recall this happening with the standard resistance units.

Anyone else ever experience this phenomenon...

18. RockinRobbieSF

Jan 6, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    I've heard some people getting really bad, scratchy throat hits. I'm starting to wonder if some people are allergic to something in the Stardust. The wick? The mouthpiece? I dunno!

19. antfuzz

Dec 19, 2010
    Delaware
    I had an allergic reaction to the plastic mouthpiece, my lips became chapped. That's why I altered mine to accept a 510 drip tip.

20. badkolo

badkolo ECF Guru ECF Veteran

unless your allergic to plastic then maybe its your sinuses or taste buds changing etc.. the mp is the same as all other derlin drip tips, the tubes havent changed and im not hearing this at all anywhere else as a issue, there will always be a few people whoa re sensitive to certain products, could be the juice, could be many things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.