* ON SALE NOW * GV VISION EGO STARDUST 1.4 Sealed easy fill Special Top COIL, No WICKS HANGING, 2.5 to 2.7ohms, THICK COIL so break em in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockinRobbieSF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
San Francisco, CA
www.lusternia.com
Does this method work for the newer ones with the metal spike at the top?

I don't think I have one with a metal spike on top to try out. Steeljan mentioned to me she had one with some sort of brass spike so I guess I need to order more to find out! Anyone know where there are pictures of the spike? (I'm curious. I assume its to help prevent leaking if it fits into the mouthpiece?)

That said, if the tank is put together the same way, there shouldn't be a problem. Only one way to find out, of course!

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
Here you Robbie.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gotvapes/274794-coneheads.html#post5474813

82453d1330811357-coneheads-dscn0554.jpg

82444d1330810104-coneheads-dscn0551.jpg

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Coneheads!!! I guess it helps with sealing/leaking and makes filling easier--i.e., more difficult to get juice in the center tube. I have heard those coneheads can give a harsh TH, though, until it's broken in. Interesting!

My LR Stardust was a little "funny" at first. It did break in. I also have the standard Stardust with the top cone, and it was fine. I only had one of the LR's "funny" though.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
yes the latest batches are much improved all around and new metal tip is fanastic.

i never had issues with juice getting in the center, but I've always tilted it to fill. I will admit that the new metal top cone allows me to just fill without tilting. :)

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Regarding the confusion on coneheads, Steeljan came to the rescue!

I actually had never heard of her, until she did that Ultimo review, but I really like her humor. She has enjoyable videos. Also, she subscribed to me! YAY! Jan, you rock!

You rock too Robbie!

Hey, GV just attracts people who rock! :lol:

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
I think the cone is added to make filling easier, and to prevent any liquid that condenses in the tip from running down the center hole. [/b]You do need to loosen the tip periodically to let it drain back into the tank.

Not sure if that's a good thing. Anyone get the old juice in mouth/gurgle syndrome?

Going to hold onto my flat head washers just in case.

Daunting

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2009
Tennessee
Not sure if that's a good thing. Anyone get the old juice in mouth/gurgle syndrome?

Going to hold onto my flat head washers just in case.

I have only used 1 of the new ones for about a week. I haven't had any juice leak into my mouth so far. After using it you can unscrew the tip and see a little juice fall back into the tank. Not sure why, but it hasn't hurt anything.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
I have only used 1 of the new ones for about a week. I haven't had any juice leak into my mouth so far. After using it you can unscrew the tip and see a little juice fall back into the tank. Not sure why, but it hasn't hurt anything.

Actually that makes sense. While the design with the cone heads has to trap condensation, I usually top of every 1/2 to 3/4 ml so the top is popped often enough to prevent a large build up perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread