The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

* ON SALE NOW * GV VISION EGO STARDUST 1.4 Sealed easy fill Special Top COIL, No WICKS HANGING, 2.5 to 2.7ohms, THICK COIL so break em in.

Discussion in 'MyVape' started by badkolo, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Daunting

Daunting Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2009
    Tennessee
    Does this method work for the newer ones with the metal spike at the top?

2. escaladedude

escaladedude Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 9, 2011
    Pittsburgh Pa
  3. RockinRobbieSF

RockinRobbieSF Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    I don't think I have one with a metal spike on top to try out. Steeljan mentioned to me she had one with some sort of brass spike so I guess I need to order more to find out! Anyone know where there are pictures of the spike? (I'm curious. I assume its to help prevent leaking if it fits into the mouthpiece?)

That said, if the tank is put together the same way, there shouldn't be a problem. Only one way to find out, of course!

4. antfuzz

antfuzz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2010
    Delaware
  5. byggd

byggd Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2011
    So Cal
    Looks like it's designed to make sure the mouth piece centers each time. Nice upgrade.

6. RockinRobbieSF

Jan 6, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    Coneheads!!! I guess it helps with sealing/leaking and makes filling easier--i.e., more difficult to get juice in the center tube. I have heard those coneheads can give a harsh TH, though, until it's broken in. Interesting!

7. Randyrtx

Randyrtx Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2009
    Cedar Park, TX
    I think the cone is added to make filling easier, and to prevent any liquid that condenses in the tip from running down the center hole. You do need to loosen the tip periodically to let it drain back into the tank.

8. Daunting

Aug 23, 2009
    Tennessee
    It was mentioned somewhere that it was to keep the tip aligned to aid airflow.

I can now fill it in a dark room. Super easy to fill now, without having to blow ejuice out of the airway.

9. badkolo

badkolo ECF Guru ECF Veteran

yes the latest batches are much improved all around and new metal tip is fanastic.

10. burns_erin

burns_erin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2010
    The ArmPit of Texas
    My DIY menthol and GV menthol mania are there, crushed caramel apple is just a bit less.

11. RockinRobbieSF

Jan 6, 2012
    San Francisco, CA

Regarding the confusion on coneheads, Steeljan came to the rescue!

12. LordDavon

LordDavon Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2010
    Florida
    My LR Stardust was a little "funny" at first. It did break in. I also have the standard Stardust with the top cone, and it was fine. I only had one of the LR's "funny" though.

13. LordDavon

Oct 3, 2010
    Florida
    i never had issues with juice getting in the center, but I've always tilted it to fill. I will admit that the new metal top cone allows me to just fill without tilting. :)

14. LordDavon

Oct 3, 2010
    Florida
    I actually had never heard of her, until she did that Ultimo review, but I really like her humor. She has enjoyable videos. Also, she subscribed to me! YAY! Jan, you rock!

You rock too Robbie!

Hey, GV just attracts people who rock! :lol:

15. Big Screen D

Big Screen D Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    Georgia

Not sure if that's a good thing. Anyone get the old juice in mouth/gurgle syndrome?

Going to hold onto my flat head washers just in case.

16. Daunting

Aug 23, 2009
    Tennessee
    I have only used 1 of the new ones for about a week. I haven't had any juice leak into my mouth so far. After using it you can unscrew the tip and see a little juice fall back into the tank. Not sure why, but it hasn't hurt anything.

17. Big Screen D

Big Screen D Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    Georgia
    Actually that makes sense. While the design with the cone heads has to trap condensation, I usually top of every 1/2 to 3/4 ml so the top is popped often enough to prevent a large build up perhaps.

18. Stoggy24

Stoggy24 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2012
    lebanon,mo
    i noticed outta the new order i only got one that has the tip but from what stellejan said seem like its a bit harsher so im guessing longer break in time

19. badkolo

badkolo ECF Guru ECF Veteran

replacement ego vision stardust tubes have shipped

20. CountSmackula

CountSmackula Genisis Junkie Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2012
    Tabasco LAnd
    Can't wait to see them hit the website!
    \m/ o.o \m/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.